Michigan/Ohio State Rematch, Yay or Nay? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michigan/Ohio State Rematch, Yay or Nay?

OSUDauby said:
Why because I am one of the few people on here that isn't bias towards Florida and the rest of the SEC?!?!

Ohio State and Michigan have been playing MUCH more dominate than any other team in the nation, INCLUDING all the SEC teams.

You can back me up on this, that I've stated this is a weak Big Ten year(though, you debate my opinion, which is fine) and that I think the SEC is a better conference this year. But yet, I still say with all that in mind Ohio State and Michigan have been playing more dominant than any other teams in the Nation at this point.

Saying that made me sick to my stomach, but it's true.

Do OSU fans actually want to see a rematch? Seems completely unfair to me, for OSU, as I've said before.

OSUDauby said:
Why because I am one of the few people on here that isn't bias towards Florida and the rest of the SEC?!?!

Ohio State and Michigan have been playing MUCH more dominate than any other team in the nation, INCLUDING all the SEC teams.
Florida Bias? huh?:huh:

OSUDauby said:

ya that why michigan almost loss to Ball State 2 weeks ago.

USC last 3 games scored 100pts and given up 19pts against 2 top 25 teams.

Amars said:
ya that why michigan almost loss to Ball State 2 weeks ago.

USC last 3 games scored 100pts and given up 19pts against 2 top 25 teams.

You are right, Michigan ALMOST lost to Ball State.
And we all know that ALMOST only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Michigan scored 110 points in their last 3 games. Giving up a little more, but you have consider Michigan just played the best offense in the nation at Ohio State.
USC DID lose to Oregon State. And ALMOST lost to Washington State, Washington, and Arizona State.
Plus, Oregon isn't ranked. Because if we use your train of thought, Ohio State has played #2 Texas, #13 Iowa, #22 Penn State, and #2 Michigan.

Michigan is MUCH better than USC. And to answer DonShula84's question: No, I do not want to play Michigan again. We beat them. Michigan had their shot at going to Glendale, they failed. BUT, the BCS states that they put the 2 best teams in the final game and right now OSU and UM are the two best. If USC wins out, they would have an arguement to be the 2nd best. BUT, I don't see how a team that loses to Oregon State can be the 2nd best.

All in all, the National Championship game was in Columbus this past Saturday and Ohio State won.

OSUDauby said:
You are right, Michigan ALMOST lost to Ball State.
And we all know that ALMOST only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Michigan scored 110 points in their last 3 games. Giving up a little more, but you have consider Michigan just played the best offense in the nation at Ohio State.
USC DID lose to Oregon State. And ALMOST lost to Washington State, Washington, and Arizona State.
Plus, Oregon isn't ranked. Because if we use your train of thought, Ohio State has played #2 Texas, #13 Iowa, #22 Penn State, and #2 Michigan.

Michigan is MUCH better than USC. And to answer DonShula84's question: No, I do not want to play Michigan again. We beat them. Michigan had their shot at going to Glendale, they failed. BUT, the BCS states that they put the 2 best teams in the final game and right now OSU and UM are the two best. If USC wins out, they would have an arguement to be the 2nd best. BUT, I don't see how a team that loses to Oregon State can be the 2nd best.

All in all, the National Championship game was in Columbus this past Saturday and Ohio State won.
you may be an OSU fan, but that was a very great post. I don't know how people have fallen in love with USC. USC has played a lot of overrated Pac-10 teams(which is no suprise) that have jacked USC's SOS up a lot.

Ronnieisabeast said:
you may be an OSU fan, but that was a very great post. I don't know how people have fallen in love with USC. USC has played a lot of overrated Pac-10 teams(which is no suprise) that have jacked USC's SOS up a lot.

But when they have played other teams outside their conference that are ranked they beat them. -Right. You can be a stats guy and compare this and that. Bottom line when the game means the most against the tough teams USC is at its best. Just look at their record under Pete Carroll when they play against tough opponent and you can see that USC can go toe to toe with anyone. I think they have the best chance of upsetting OSU. Better then Michigan who already played them and won the Turnover battle by 3 and still LOST. They were down by 10 the ENTIRE GAME. How can you win the turnover battle by 3 and still lose. What are they going to do different get more turnover.

Amars said:
Bottom line when the game means the most against the tough teams USC is at its best. Just look at their record under Pete Carroll when they play against tough opponent and you can see that USC can go toe to toe with anyone.
I don't know what pill you swallowed that said a team is only tough when they have numbers 1-25 beside them, but last time I check, USC has been in some tough games this season and NOT won them all. All the team they have almost lost to were unranked as well. I don't know how you can give USC so much credit when they have lost to Oregon State and then say Michigan isn't that good and only lost to Ohio State.

I mean, USC has barely won 3 games and lost one.
Michigan was tight with Ball State because they were looking ahead to Ohio State and then eventually lost that one. I would have to give a solid nod to Michigan. Though, I for one do not want to see a rematch. And personally, I don't know who I like in the USC/Notre Dame game. Neither team has been very impressive. And call it bias, but I don't know what team that can hang with Ohio State at this point. Maybe Michigan in a rematch, but USC, Notre Dame, Florida, all have their weaknesses that are very apparent.

I always thought LSU would give us trouble because of all the defensive talent and a good offense...but they have been mistake prone in their losses..even though that call late vs FLA was plain terrible..they still coulda made plays to win the game...LSU is the "second most talented" team in the country IMO...they just shoot themselves in the foot way too much.

OSUDauby said:
I don't know what pill you swallowed that said a team is only tough when they have numbers 1-25 beside them, but last time I check, USC has been in some tough games this season and NOT won them all. All the team they have almost lost to were unranked as well. I don't know how you can give USC so much credit when they have lost to Oregon State and then say Michigan isn't that good and only lost to Ohio State.

I mean, USC has barely won 3 games and lost one.
Michigan was tight with Ball State because they were looking ahead to Ohio State and then eventually lost that one. I would have to give a solid nod to Michigan. Though, I for one do not want to see a rematch. And personally, I don't know who I like in the USC/Notre Dame game. Neither team has been very impressive. And call it bias, but I don't know what team that can hang with Ohio State at this point. Maybe Michigan in a rematch, but USC, Notre Dame, Florida, all have their weaknesses that are very apparent.

I agree that USC has been laying a duck against weaker opponents. Maybe they took those games lightly I dunno. Like I said before when it matter the most in big games this year and against good opponents they have beat those opponents by 2 or more TDS.

Amars said:
I agree that USC has been laying a duck against weaker opponents. Maybe they took those games lightly I dunno. Like I said before when it matter the most in big games this year and against good opponents they have beat those opponents by 2 or more TDS.

I'm glad that you went back and put, "when it matters the most" in bold...because I was under the impression that the 2pt. conversion against OSU "mattered" quite a bit...we all know how that ended.

Also, ESPN said today that John David Booty is the Pac 10's best offense player!?!? I thought that Lynch from Cal would have taken the cake there..

OSUDauby said:
I'm glad that you went back and put, "when it matters the most" in bold...because I was under the impression that the 2pt. conversion against OSU "mattered" quite a bit...we all know how that ended.

Also, ESPN said today that John David Booty is the Pac 10's best offense player!?!? I thought that Lynch from Cal would have taken the cake there..

Oh, and I hope you know that I see your point, I'm just playing devils advocate here. The fact of the matter was said before, in two weeks this picture will be much more clear and most likely make sense....but until then, we get to anger eachother.:D

OSUDauby said:
Oh, and I hope you know that I see your point, I'm just playing devils advocate here. The fact of the matter was said before, in two weeks this picture will be much more clear and most likely make sense....but until then, we get to anger eachother.:D

Ya no problem. Makes for good conversation and alot of laughs.

Back
Top Bottom