Michigan/Ohio State Rematch, Yay or Nay? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michigan/Ohio State Rematch, Yay or Nay?

OSUDauby said:
Good one! Hey keep hope alive baby!
Whoa....WAIT...Mike Hart is that YOU?!?!:lol:

He asked what they could do different in a rematch. It seems like winning would be the only thing they could do differently, since they lost, and there are only 2 possible outcomes. I didn't say they would win, I said it's what they could do differently.

Stitches said:
He asked what they could do different in a rematch. It seems like winning would be the only thing they could do differently, since they lost, and there are only 2 possible outcomes. I didn't say they would win, I said it's what they could do differently.

Umm, they could do a lot different. Hold OSU to less points. Not score as much as they did. Not play as good as they did.

The outcome may be different, but they also cold have done a lot of things different too!

I know what you are saying though. But, ultimately, everything in life is 50/50. You either do or you don't.

i just heard on ESPN that if USC wins out, they may actually leapfrog both michigan AND ohio state in the computers. yes....a 1-loss USC team would be ranked #1 ahead of OSU. wow.

UF Fin Kat said:
i just heard on ESPN that if USC wins out, they may actually leapfrog both michigan AND ohio state in the computers. yes....a 1-loss USC team would be ranked #1 ahead of OSU. wow.

That would be crazy.

UF Fin Kat said:

That would hold as much water as a spaghetti strainer. This is the first time that a team (Ohio State) has been 1.000 in the current BCS system. All ESPN is doing at this time is trying to stir crap up. Next, we'll hear them say that Boise State is jumping Ohio State too.

OSUDauby said:
That would hold as much water as a spaghetti strainer. This is the first time that a team (Ohio State) has been 1.000 in the current BCS system. All ESPN is doing at this time is trying to stir crap up. Next, we'll hear them say that Boise State is jumping Ohio State too.

I couldnt care less about what the computers think now that were in the Natl title game...done see how you can beat 2 teams ranked No.2 and be undefeated and still not be #1..but who cares?

I really dont want to see a rematch, but I'd rather see a rematch than see USC beat ND and play for the title. So Florida has to win out. Arkansas has to beat LSU so when UF beats them it looks better. UF winning out should jump UM.

My feeling is that even if USC wins out they shouldn't play for the national title. No team that loses to Oregon St. should play for the title.

DonShula84 said:
I really dont want to see a rematch, but I'd rather see a rematch than see USC beat ND and play for the title. So Florida has to win out. Arkansas has to beat LSU so when UF beats them it looks better. UF winning out should jump UM.
yes, but notre dame beating USC would help michigan, so there may be a rematch regardless.

why would there be a rematch? I dont understand this stupidness people talk, the whole point in a rematch is to clear the waves, what waves is there to be cleared? its not like there was a huge play at the end of the game where a team got robbed osu won the game period. I think if usc wins out they should get it or maybe florida if they win out. I dont want to see another osu beat down of michigan, reminds me of boxing where a boxer beats someone, period. and the guy gets the rematch again only because of his rep and what happens, the guys lose's even worse on the rematch, I'll pass on that. I want my moneys worth

ask yourself this, if lv was ranked 1 and rugters was 2 when they played and it was the exact situation like the mich osu game. Would lv be getting a rematch i doudt it. The only reason a rematch is being brought is becuase of mich's rep. No rematch, a rematch will ruin the NC game

primetime23 said:
why would there be a rematch?

Because the BCS says that the best 2 teams will play in the final game. And this year OSU/Michigan are those two teams at this point. If USC BLOWS out Notre Dame or if Florida should blow out Arkansas, it very well could be a justified rematch.

OSUDauby said:
Because the BCS says that the best 2 teams will play in the final game. And this year OSU/Michigan are those two teams at this point. If USC BLOWS out Notre Dame or if Florida should blow out Arkansas, it very well could be a justified rematch.
NO the BCS says the top two ranked teams will play in the final game.

A few years ago when Auburn went undefeated they were one of the best two... They just did not get a chance to prove it.

Back
Top Bottom