Michigan/Ohio State Rematch, Yay or Nay? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michigan/Ohio State Rematch, Yay or Nay?

Nay. Although I think a rematch is likely. Mich may be one of the two best teams (I think they are), but I don't think you should be eligible if you lost your conference.

Amars said:
They lost by 2pts on the Road Without Dwanye Jarret their allstar WR. Who has michigan won besides Notre Dame?

Here their Schedule to refresh your memory

Sat, Sep 2 Vanderbilt W 27-7 --
Sat, Sep 9 Central Michigan W 41-17 --
Sat, Sep 16 at (2) Notre Dame W 47-21 --
Sat, Sep 23 Wisconsin W 27-13 --
Sat, Sep 30 at Minnesota W 28-14 --
Sat, Oct 7 Michigan State W 31-13 --
Sat, Oct 14 at Penn State W 17-10 --
Sat, Oct 21 Iowa W 20-6 --
Sat, Oct 28 Northwestern W 17-3 --
Sat, Nov 4 Ball State W 34-26 --
Sat, Nov 11 at Indiana W 34-3 --
Sat, Nov 18 at (1) Ohio State L 39-42

Wisconsin is good. Playing Arkansas the first week isnt the same as playing them now, especially since that team is so young. McFadden played, but there game plans are completely different, they actually use him a lot now.

Beating Wisconsin and ND is as impressive as if not more so than Arkansas and Cal. Oregon has pretty much fallen apart and they're a botched onside kick call away from 5 losses. You have Nebraska but they arent exactly a power house.

Crappy thing for USC is if you beat ND and it's a close game like last year people will say UM killed ND @ South Ben and USC barely won @ home so obviously UM is better. After your next two games you could jump Michigan, and should if you win out imo, but right now the rankings are fine.

Michigan already played in the National Championship game this past weekend and lost. They do not deserve a chance to play in the BCS Championship game now. Some other team will have the opportunity to lose to Ohio State.

What a great season...
#1 from start to finish
Big Ten Champions
Heisman Trophy winner

And just to add...did you all hear that the Pick 4 Lottery winner in Ohio was 4-2-3-9 OR 42-39 (the final score of the OSU/Michigan game)

OSUDauby said:
Michigan already played in the National Championship game this past weekend and lost. They do not deserve a chance to play in the BCS Championship game now. Some other team will have the opportunity to lose to Ohio State.

What a great season...
#1 from start to finish
Big Ten Champions
Heisman Trophy winner

And just to add...did you all hear that the Pick 4 Lottery winner in Ohio was 4-2-3-9 OR 42-39 (the final score of the OSU/Michigan game)

Yea, how strange was that!! I would love to play USC because they and OSU have been the 2 most dominant teams this decade thus far....lets see who's best.

DonShula84 said:
Wisconsin is good. Playing Arkansas the first week isnt the same as playing them now, especially since that team is so young. McFadden played, but there game plans are completely different, they actually use him a lot now.

Beating Wisconsin and ND is as impressive as if not more so than Arkansas and Cal. Oregon has pretty much fallen apart and they're a botched onside kick call away from 5 losses. You have Nebraska but they arent exactly a power house.

Crappy thing for USC is if you beat ND and it's a close game like last year people will say UM killed ND @ South Ben and USC barely won @ home so obviously UM is better. After your next two games you could jump Michigan, and should if you win out imo, but right now the rankings are fine.

Which I do agree that Arkansas week 1 vs now is different but they put 50pts on them. It not like it was 21-14. They Killed them. The same can be said for USC since the loss to Oregon State. Since then they have been playing INSANE. Even though Nebraska , Oregon are not powerhouse they still are better then all the teams on Michigan schedule besides Wis and OSU.

DBoston80 said:
Yea, how strange was that!! I would love to play USC because they and OSU have been the 2 most dominant teams this decade thus far....lets see who's best.

It would be fun. Cant even remember the last time they played. I know they have setup a out of conference game with OSU at the horseshoe I believe next year or the year after. That how you move up the BCS by at least playing 1 tough good out of conference game.

Classic game, I think the two best teams should play so if USC dominates their next two games they definately deserve to go.. I would be interested in seeing a re-match on a neutral field, but I am more interested in seeing the teams that deserve to be there whether that is OSU and Michigan/USC/Florida/Notre Dame remains to be seen..

Amars said:
It would be fun. Cant even remember the last time they played. I know they have setup a out of conference game with OSU at the horseshoe I believe next year or the year after. That how you move up the BCS by at least playing 1 tough good out of conference game.

Im ready..too bad I gotta wait over a month to see my team play again though...........atleast the Phins are showing some life....and the Heisman presentation should be fun.

Amars said:
Even though Nebraska , Oregon are not powerhouse they still are better then all the teams on Michigan schedule besides Wis and OSU.
So, you think that Nebraska and Oregon are better than Notre Dame, huh?
That is very interesting seeing that Notre Dame is ranked #4 in the Nation.:shakeno:

And people can say the Big 10 is weak this year all they want, but they have #1 Ohio State, #2 Michigan, #8 Wisconsin and #24 Penn State all in the BCS.

And I add Penn State, because look at their only loses this season: #1 OSU, #2 Michigan, #4 Notre Dame, #8 Wisconsin. Talk to Penn State about S.O.S!!!

OSUDauby said:
So, you think that Nebraska and Oregon are better than Notre Dame, huh?
That is very interesting seeing that Notre Dame is ranked #4 in the Nation.:shakeno:

And people can say the Big 10 is weak this year all they want, but they have #1 Ohio State, #2 Michigan, #8 Wisconsin and #24 Penn State all in the BCS.

And I add Penn State, because look at their only loses this season: #1 OSU, #2 Michigan, #4 Notre Dame, #8 Wisconsin. Talk to Penn State about S.O.S!!!

Actually, ND is #5 in all the polls. Florida is #4. :D

Back
Top Bottom