MIKE HULL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MIKE HULL

Dolphins need a new defensive scheme, but ya, Chase Allen would probably play better in the middle going forward. If they continue to give snaps to Chase Allen, they won't be able to keep him on the bench much longer.

Kiko wasn't much help either.

He just doesn't have the instincts and athleticism to play a Nickel LB. He is a solid two down backer. Dolphins need more options at LB.

Also, Rivers is not a bad QB. He could do the same thing to many elite LB's out there just like he did week 1.

I swear I hear rivers say target number 45...lol

kid did the best he could, lets hope he gets better going forward

nobody on the pass defense played "great"....Rivers completed 31 of 39 and our defense didn't even touch one football. The whole pass defense sucked yesterday

Ozzy rules!!

1 thing I don't get. Maybe Hoops or SOS can answer. I know we announced Hull and Kiko were in the nickle package after the LT issue. That means Bobby McCain comes in for Chase Allen, 4-2-5, correct? So 1 minute to go, Rivers driving for the winning FG, why is Hull on the field? There's no threat of a run and we are getting killed with the short passes to the RB and TE. Don't we have a "dime"? Why can't somebody like Michael Thomas go in for Hull? Seemed like Hull played every freaking snap.

Gase said this is one of the best games he has ever seen Rivers play, getting the ball out quickly and always making the right read. From what I've seen in pre season, I don't think Rivers did anything special. PS Game 3 McGloin 22 of 26 mostly against the starters. PS Game 2 Ryan Mallet carved the secondary against our ones. At first I thought it was Burke and the scheme, now I'm almost certain it's the personnel.

Gase said this is one of the best games he has ever seen Rivers play, getting the ball out quickly and always making the right read. From what I've seen in pre season, I don't think Rivers did anything special. PS Game 3 McGloin 22 of 26 mostly against the starters. PS Game 2 Ryan Mallet carved the secondary against our ones. At first I thought it was Burke and the scheme, now I'm almost certain it's the personnel.

Our defensive playcalling and coverages were bad. Saying that was one of the best games Rivers ever played is postgame coachspeak. Rivers had a TD pass; one. There's probably close to 10 games in Rivers' career where he has thrown for a solid completion percentage of at least 65%, broken 250+ yards, and thrown for 4 TDs.

Last edited:
1 thing I don't get. Maybe Hoops or SOS can answer. I know we announced Hull and Kiko were in the nickle package after the LT issue. That means Bobby McCain comes in for Chase Allen, 4-2-5, correct? So 1 minute to go, Rivers driving for the winning FG, why is Hull on the field? There's no threat of a run and we are getting killed with the short passes to the RB and TE. Don't we have a "dime"? Why can't somebody like Michael Thomas go in for Hull? Seemed like Hull played every freaking snap.

You're are correct and that's a good question. I legitimately mean that. Not sure why we didn't play situational football there. Overall Burke struggled to get a good feel of the game. It's to be expected being this was the first time he has ever done so, but it wasn't pretty.

Let's see Kiko at Will, Timmons at Mike, and Chase Allen at Sam.

Kiko and Timmons in the nickel.

That's our best 3.

Just not comfortable with Hull starting at Mike.

Let's see Kiko at Will, Timmons at Mike, and Chase Allen at Sam.

Kiko and Timmons in the nickel.

That's our best 3.

Just not comfortable with Hull starting at Mike.

Depending on continued development, I'd argue argue Timmons and Allen are the better duo in nickel.

I'd also rather see some sort of combination of Timmons, Allen and Hull in base rather than Alonso on the field.

Depending on continued development, I'd argue argue Timmons and Allen are the better duo in nickel.

I'd also rather see some sort of combination of Timmons, Allen and Hull in base rather than Alonso on the field.

I'm surprised, knowing what a steadfast and vocal supporter of Kiko Alonso you are.

I'm curious....what is our record when he starts?

Back
Top Bottom