MIKE HULL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MIKE HULL

Our defensive playcalling and coverages were bad. Saying that was one of the best games Rivers ever played is postgame coachspeak. Rivers had a TD pass; one. There's probably close to 10 game in Rivers career where he has thrown for a solid completion percentage of at least 65%, broken 250+ yards, and thrown for 4 TDs.

I'd say over ten, Its much more convenient for Gase to believe Rivers had a once and a Lifetime game then to believe his pass defense is garbage. Human nature has a tendency to rationalize things to protect the ego.

I'd say over ten, Its much more convenient for Gase to believe Rivers had a once and a Lifetime game then to believe his pass defense is garbage. Human nature has a tendency to rationalize things to protect the ego.

I would also think that is something (pass defense) to be addressed in the film room in front of the players and not at the podium in front of the media.

Gase was very nonchalant about calling out players' decencies last year, and although it provides us and the media with such details and soundbites, hopefully he has curtailed that behavior in favor of dealing with those matters in-house where they belong.

Are you sure you didn't mean to say "Kiko was average and Hull needs to be replaced"?

Honest question: Where did you see Alonso being average yesterday?

I have him down for two positive plays thus far . . . 2.

I would also think that is something (pass defense) to be addressed in the film room in front of the players and not at the podium in front of the media.

Gase was very nonchalant about calling out players' decencies last year, and although it provides us and the media with such details and soundbites, hopefully he has curtailed that behavior in favor of dealing with those matters in-house where they belong.

I definitely agree with that but there's no need to add " Rivers having one of the best games of his career " Rivers played like his usual self.

Other than the Harris play we're discussing in the other thread where did he really **** up?

Would you really appreciate a thread focusing on Alonso?

I would certainly oblige and maybe it is time for me to do so because of this perception that I have some sort of agenda against him when the reality is that people only recognize his splash plays and not the detriment he is on an every down basis.

It wont be pretty and probably wont be accepted well, but it would point out the issues I talk about regularly.

Last edited:
Would you really appreciate a thread focusing on Alonso?

I would certainly oblige and maybe it is time for me to do so because of this perception that I have some sort of agenda against him when the reality is that people only recognize his splash plays and not the detriment he is on an every down basis.

It wont be pretty and probably wont be accepted well, but it would point out the issues I talk about regularly.

I mean I wouldn't necessarily call Kiko great. I would call him average. He's good enough to start. Definitely shouldn't be relied on as the best player on a defense, which he isn't here.

We did go from one of the worst rushing defenses last year to holding Melvin Gordin to about 1 yard per carry in our first game this year. Kiko is a part of the front seven that did that, also with two missing starters at linebacker.

I mean I wouldn't necessarily call Kiko great. I would call him average. He's good enough to start. Definitely shouldn't be relied on as the best player on a defense, which he isn't here.

We did go from one of the worst rushing defenses last year to holding Melvin Gordin to about 1 yard per carry in our first game this year. Kiko is a part of the front seven that did that, also with two missing starters at linebacker.

I'll go ahead and start that thread once the coaches tape drops and keep up with it throughout the season. It'll give people a better idea of his "contributions" to our defense. I promise not to cherry pick and will include both good and bad plays even though it will seemingly look like it as the majority of his plays are downright bad.

I'll go ahead and start that thread once the coaches tape drops and keep up with it throughout the season. It'll give people a better idea of his "contributions" to our defense. I promise not to cherry pick and will include both good and bad plays even though it will seemingly look like it as the majority of his plays are downright bad.

That'd be a great thread. You're willing to analyze 50+ plays of one player every week for 4 months?

Running backs out of the backfield is a problem for any Lb'er, I am more concerned about the Cornerbacks, you know Gates is the target and no one re-routes him? those guys need to get their act together, LA couldn't run the rock so they do what they do best which is pass the football, so the numbers are going to be inflated a little.

Back
Top Bottom