Mock Draft Game: Discussion | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft Game: Discussion

:lol: have no despair... the pick has been made. And it was the guy we wanted all along... dare I say, a steal at #5?? Sedrick Ellis... The best defensive player available, and the perfect fit for the Raiders and what their number one need is, someone to stop the run!

Good pick. The Raiders biggest problem last year was stopping the run and with the Broncos blocking scheme in place you can just about plug in any RB back there and he'll be effective

By the way, Zach, I don't mind taking my pick to the "Draft Committee" and letting them decide if it's so outlandish and that Darren McFadden should be the pick... Somehow, I believe they'll mostly agree with the pick of Ellis.

because you've seen what he did in his first year in NFL (AP). but they are saying coming into the draft DMC is a better prospect than peterson was coming into the draft. its not saying he was better than AP but he was a better prospect

Actually I think AP has been overrated all season. He's a great back, and a great prospect who was helped out tremendously by a dominant run blocking O-Line. Chester Taylor averaged 5.4ypc(AP 5.6ypc) while running for 844 yds behind that line. I still believe that AP was a much better prospect than D mac. McFadden is built like a receiver(6-2 205-210). Not much of that weight is below the waist. He is frequently banged up. I've seen him spend too much time on the sideline with games on the line. He doesn't run with much wiggle, takes hard hits and consequently puts the ball on the ground. And a lot of his yardage at Arkansas was gained using misdirection. Faking to Felix Jones who averaged 8.7 ypc, compared w/ D-Mac's more modest 5.6 ypc. But that's just my opinion

By the way, Zach, I don't mind taking my pick to the "Draft Committee" and letting them decide if it's so outlandish and that Darren McFadden should be the pick... Somehow, I believe they'll mostly agree with the pick of Ellis.

I thought Al Davis should have drafted a punter with the pick but that's just me:up:

Actually I think AP has been overrated all season. He's a great back, and a great prospect who was helped out tremendously by a dominant run blocking O-Line. Chester Taylor averaged 5.4ypc(AP 5.6ypc) while running for 844 yds behind that line. I still believe that AP was a much better prospect than D mac. McFadden is built like a receiver(6-2 205-210). Not much of that weight is below the waist. He is frequently banged up. I've seen him spend too much time on the sideline with games on the line. He doesn't run with much wiggle, takes hard hits and consequently puts the ball on the ground. And a lot of his yardage at Arkansas was gained using misdirection. Faking to Felix Jones who averaged 8.7 ypc, compared w/ D-Mac's more modest 5.6 ypc. But that's just my opinion
thats what ive said when people have compared him to LT. people say he is better than LT but his o-line is amazing a run blocking. LT is the best by far IMO

Good pick. The Raiders biggest problem last year was stopping the run and with the Broncos blocking scheme in place you can just about plug in any RB back there and he'll be effective

Thank you... the three linebackers the Raiders have will be even more effective with Ellis in front of them. Ellis will make that defense instantly respectable. I think that if Oakland picks as high as third (given the coin flip) they'll still take Ellis (Unless Dorsey is still on the board, which I doubt)...

I have a problem with McFadden.

He has the worst ball control I have ever seen. Other than that he is pretty good. I rather have Felix Jones or Jonathan Stewart.

Two years ago the Raiders made a commitment to Lamont Jordan, last year they brought in Rhodes to compliment Jordan and injuries led to Fargas' emergence.... what have they done to upgrade the DT position in the last 2 years? Absolutely nothing. It's a no brainer really. McFadden is not all he is cracked up to be. The familiarity with the coaching staff to Ellis (they coached him at the Senior Bowl as well) just adds the final arguement. Ellis in a landslide. Speaking of landslides, where is McFadden going to end up going? (oh and Atlanta should have drafted him over Ryan)

I was praying that Ellis would drop to New Orleans at #10.

I hate Al Davis even more!!! :shakeno:

I thought Al Davis should have drafted a punter with the pick but that's just me:up:

Yes, that's why he brought me here, to be his "owner's designee"... senility has caught up to him I'm afraid. He was trying to get me to draft Tim Brown. I set him straight with some mashed peas and a change of Depends.

Yes, that's why he brought me here, to be his "owner's designee"... senility has caught up to him I'm afraid. He was trying to get me to draft Tim Brown. I set him straight with some mashed peas and a change of Depends.
:lol: I almost feel sorry for the Raiders fans, almost

Back
Top Bottom