Mock Draft Game: Discussion | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft Game: Discussion

:lol:

If you did that, I'm sure everyone would hate Al Davis. ;) :lol:

:lol: have no despair... the pick has been made. And it was the guy we wanted all along... dare I say, a steal at #5?? Sedrick Ellis... The best defensive player available, and the perfect fit for the Raiders and what their number one need is, someone to stop the run!

:lol: have no despair... the pick has been made. And it was the guy we wanted all along... dare I say, a steal at #5?? Sedrick Ellis... The best defensive player available, and the perfect fit for the Raiders and what their number one need is, someone to stop the run!
im sorry but this is the first person to make the wrong pick. they have to take mcfadden. he is BPA in the draft at #5. should be done deal. yes sapp did retire but there are good DT in the 2nd they could take. mcfadden was the right choice. noway they take ellis over mcfadden.

im sorry but this is the first person to make the wrong pick. they have to take mcfadden. he is BPA in the draft at #5. should be done deal. yes sapp did retire but there are good DT in the 2nd they could take. mcfadden was the right choice. noway they take ellis over mcfadden.

I gotta go with Paul, great pick. Deep running back class. IMO McFadden is highly overrated. Not even the best back in the draft.

I gotta go with Paul, great pick. Deep running back class. IMO McFadden is highly overrated. Not even the best back in the draft.
i have to dissagree with you. mcfadden is the BEST RB IN THE DRAFT. and also the DT class is pretty deep. if you have a chance to get the best player in the draft at #5 you take him. its not like there RB are soo good. fargas, jordan, rhodes. not that good. raiders are gonna bring in a big name to bring fans in. thats what davis is all about...big names

and by the way ellis isnt even the best DT in the draft. even though the best was taken

i have to dissagree with you. mcfadden is the BEST RB IN THE DRAFT. and also the DT class is pretty deep. if you have a chance to get the best player in the draft at #5 you take him. its not like there RB are soo good. fargas, jordan, rhodes. not that good. raiders are gonna bring in a big name to bring fans in. thats what davis is all about...big names

and by the way ellis isnt even the best DT in the draft. even though the best was taken

Two years ago the Raiders made a commitment to Lamont Jordan, last year they brought in Rhodes to compliment Jordan and injuries led to Fargas' emergence.... what have they done to upgrade the DT position in the last 2 years? Absolutely nothing. It's a no brainer really. McFadden is not all he is cracked up to be. The familiarity with the coaching staff to Ellis (they coached him at the Senior Bowl as well) just adds the final arguement. Ellis in a landslide. Speaking of landslides, where is McFadden going to end up going? (oh and Atlanta should have drafted him over Ryan)

Two years ago the Raiders made a commitment to Lamont Jordan, last year they brought in Rhodes to compliment Jordan and injuries led to Fargas' emergence.... what have they done to upgrade the DT position in the last 2 years? Absolutely nothing. It's a no brainer really. McFadden is not all he is cracked up to be. The familiarity with the coaching staff to Ellis (they coached him at the Senior Bowl as well) just adds the final arguement. Ellis in a landslide. Speaking of landslides, where is McFadden going to end up going? (oh and Atlanta should have drafted him over Ryan)
Wait a minute why should he go to atlanta. according to you he isnt worth the #5 pick because he is not even the best RB in the draft. so why should he go to Atl, who has dunn and needs a QB, oh ya and you even said its a deep class a RB. you keep contradicting yourself. They're are still gonna be some great DT in the draft in the 2nd, but there wont be a mcfadden. here is some of the DT left in the 2nd...

the first round isnt always about biggest needs. its about getting the BPA player a a position of need. might not be the biggest need but it is still a need. if they did take ellis instead of mcfadden, id be more surprised than when miami taking ginn over quinn.
Kentwan Balmer, North Carolina ...could fall
Red Bryant, Texas A&M ...will fall
Dre Moore, Maryland...will fall
Trevor Laws, Notre Dame....will fall
DeMario Pressley, N.C. State...will fall could be in 3rd
Marcus Harrison, Arkansas...2-3
Frank Okam, Texas 3rd

these are all great DT.

he first round isnt always about biggest needs. its about getting the BPA player a a position of need. might not be the biggest need but it is still a need. if they did take ellis instead of mcfadden, id be more surprised than when miami taking ginn over quinn.

i will repeat myself and say al davis is the kind of guy who wants to fill the seats so he is gonna go for a big name guy in the first round (dorsey, c. long, mcfadden).

The running back class is very deep.

I don't think McFadden is the best player in the draft. I think he(Raiders) took the BPA.

For whatever it's worth Bush isn't on that list, not that you can expect anything from him.

Wouldn't put it past em.

We can agree to disagree, I'm just not that big a fan of D Mac.

The running back class is very deep.

I don't think McFadden is the best player in the draft. I think he(Raiders) took the BPA.

For whatever it's worth Bush isn't on that list, not that you can expect anything from him.

Wouldn't put it past em.

We can agree to disagree, I'm just not that big a fan of D Mac.

I can tell that, but the scout and experts and draft analyzers say that mcfadden is a better prospect than AP was last year.

Wait a minute why should he go to atlanta. according to you he isnt worth the #5 pick because he is not even the best RB in the draft. so why should he go to Atl, who has dunn and needs a QB, oh ya and you even said its a deep class a RB. you keep contradicting yourself. They're are still gonna be some great DT in the draft in the 2nd, but there wont be a mcfadden. here is some of the DT left in the 2nd...

the first round isnt always about biggest needs. its about getting the BPA player a a position of need. might not be the biggest need but it is still a need. if they did take ellis instead of mcfadden, id be more surprised than when miami taking ginn over quinn.
Frank Okam, Texas 3rd

these are all great DT.

he first round isnt always about biggest needs. its about getting the BPA player a a position of need. might not be the biggest need but it is still a need. if they did take ellis instead of mcfadden, id be more surprised than when miami taking ginn over quinn.

i will repeat myself and say al davis is the kind of guy who wants to fill the seats so he is gonna go for a big name guy in the first round (dorsey, c. long, mcfadden).

Ok, first of all you have me confused with the other guy who was arguing in my favor for Ellis over McFadden. I didn't say DMac wasn't the #1 rated running back in the draft, and I didn't say it was a deep running back class. What I am saying is that the Raiders need Ellis a hell of a lot more than the Falcons need Ryan. Did you not see their rush defense stats I posted? The Falcons should take DMac over Ryan, that will put the fans back in the stands in Atl. You say Atl has Dunn, so they don't need a running back, yet you completely dismiss what the Raiders already have in Jordan/Rhodes and Fargas (who I believe they will resign). The Falcons will have a shot at a good quarterback in the second round in Brohm/Woodson/Flacco and should not be taking Ryan with their first pick, clearly taking a need over BPA. Yet they get a pass from you I guess...

Frank Okam, Texas 3rd

these are all great DT.

For the record, I'm the one who said he wasn't the best RB in the draft. And I like the Ryan pick.

IMO, It's not even close.
because you've seen what he did in his first year in NFL (AP). but they are saying coming into the draft DMC is a better prospect than peterson was coming into the draft. its not saying he was better than AP but he was a better prospect

Back
Top Bottom