Mock Draft Game: Discussion | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft Game: Discussion

God dammit!

Now I have to figure out who I am taking. it was going to be Otah, but now he was nabbed right in front of me.

If I were the Lions, I'd probably take Jon Stewart, Leodis McKelvin, or Mike Jenkins. Possibly consider Derrick Harvey, but DE isn't as big of a need as is RB or CB. With Bly gone, they don't have a #1 corner, but with injury prone Kevin Jones never around and Tatum Bell likely hitting free agency, they'll need a feature back. Stewart or McKelvin will be the pick, IMO.

Wow nice write up Stiches. :lol: you sounded like a Lions GM though it would have been more realistic if you selected Malcom Kelly ;)

Well Harvey has to be gone here.

Mike Jenkins should go to the Vikings.

I hope the real draft pans out the way this one is going. some quality CB's are droping pretty fast.

I hope the real draft pans out the way this one is going. some quality CB's are droping pretty fast.

I wanted McKlevin or Stewart, but I had Stewart as the #1 RB and only player close was Mendenhall, who was off the board.

I didn't want to reach for a tackle, and figured I could get a quality cb later but not such a quality runner.

By the way.....anyone else thinking this is taking longer than they thought it would.
Imagine if we decided to do a 7-round mock. The REAL draft would've been done before this one.

By the way.....anyone else thinking this is taking longer than they thought it would.
Imagine if we decided to do a 7-round mock. The REAL draft would've been done before this one.

:lol: the problem is there are some guys that joined it and aren't very active on the forums. I'm not really going to give guys a chance that signed up that only visit the site like every 3-5 days.

:lol: the problem is there are some guys that joined it and aren't very active on the forums. I'm not really going to give guys that signed up but only vist the site like every 3-5 days.

At the GM League (I know, self promotion) we usually go, first round selection gets 5 hours to put in their selection. If they don't, then we make the pick for them. They can send in a bulletin if they're afraid of missing their selection like so:

1. Darren McFadden
2. Sedrick Ellis
3. Ryan Clady

I think we should cut the time shorter in the 2nd round to 3-6 hours. The people who are worried about missing their selection can easily leave a bulletin to myself or you. The longest this thing take, the more interest we lose.

BTW - I believe it takes the GM League about 3 weeks to get through an entire 7 round draft, we're REALLY pushing people though.

:lol: yeah 7 rounds was going to be unrealistic. Basically if they don't make the Pick by 6:00 PM Central time tomorrow VMF gets the spot.

Back
Top Bottom