Mock Off-Season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Off-Season

Who would you compare him to as a pro, projection wise?

That’s a tough one. I think it’s not so much comp for me but what he has to offer relative to my needs. That’s where I think he checks the boxes off and he’s not gonna cost me a top 50 pick in the process.

Although I bet ya teams are noticing and he’s rising off his senior bowl week. But that poa play will probably have teams seeing him as a developmental type look more to 2019 for the snap return. Once he carries 235 instead of 229

I like him as a top 75 value but with the understanding that I might not get full return til 2020 on the investment

Package play in 2018 I’d be fine with

Last edited:
I just can't see this regime trading down from 11 this year. It is the all important 3rd year for Gase and we need impact players all over the field. On top of that, it is possible that 4 QB's and Davenport from UTSA could all go in the top 10. That would leave us with a lot of very good players to choose from, too much is on the line to go down that far. Just seems very unreasonable.

Anyways travis tbe comp that the nfl network guys were using for darius leonard was telvin smith. I think in some ways it makes sense but i think leonard has better length and smith possesses more fluid initial cod. And smiths probably a little faster that dude can fly

It's a weak TE Free agent market.
In a trade down scenario, I wouldn't mind Dallas Goedert

WHY are we overcomplicating the Center issue. It's so damn simple. Cut Pouncey and his bad hip, Save 7 million, Use 7 million for his replacement. Done.
I feel you man, but what if the big Ross has told his boys to chill because their jobs are secure. Can you dig it? Maybe Ross has told them to do what is best for the future of the team. Maybe the real target for playoff success isn't next year, but 2019 and going forward.

I have researched this, and man do the lines fall beautiful after next season. The numbers put the Dolphins cap room near 100 mil if the Dolphins stand pat this year and take the comp picks and build through the draft, and then storm free agency in 2019.

I feel you man, but what if the big Ross has told his boys to chill because their jobs are secure. Can you dig it? Maybe Ross has told them to do what is best for the future of the team. Maybe the real target for playoff success isn't next year, but 2019 and going forward.

If Ross believes in Gase, I sure as heck hope he's told him to do what's best for the team long-term. We should be thinking about sustained success, not one-off trips to the playoffs as a wild card team.

It's a weak TE Free agent market.
In a trade down scenario, I wouldn't mind Dallas Goedert

WHY are we overcomplicating the Center issue. It's so damn simple. Cut Pouncey and his bad hip, Save 7 million, Use 7 million for his replacement. Done.

I’m interested in hearing your pros and cons with Andrews and goedert and where you’d value them draft pick grade wise as players.

I just went back and looked at everything I could find on both

I'd add a future Telvin Smith-lite to our team for sure. We need a lb who can cover for a damn, does he last to our 3rd rounder though is the question

I'd add a future Telvin Smith-lite to our team for sure. We need a lb who can cover for a damn, does he last to our 3rd rounder though is the question

I haven’t seen the game yet did he blow up or something?

I felt pretty good about being there at 75 going into the game

I haven’t seen the game yet did he blow up or something?

I felt pretty good about being there at 75 going into the game
Well i just googled him and saw on nfl.com’s draft profile they project him as a 2nd-3rd

I’m interested in hearing your pros and cons with Andrews and goedert and where you’d value them draft pick grade wise as players.

I just went back and looked at everything I could find on both

I haven't seen enough of Andrews.
As to Goedert, his tape is really compelling to me.
1. Size- 6-5 250 and he carries it.
As to size perfect score.
2. Hands- makes the catches - high points when necessary. Sometimes his hands are close to his body when he catches but seems to have a feel of when that's acceptable. He goes gets it when he needs to. High score on hands.
3. Athletic ability. Former basketball player. Good feet. Knows how to use his body. Will flash a spin move here and there.
4. Speed. Weakest attribute. I don't expect him to burn. He's not OJ Howard 4.51. He's more Gronk type. Gronk ran 4.68.
Highly productive kid. NFL body.
He missed couple games each of last 2 seasons. Needs looking into.
For me- if my top tier is gone--I try trade down 10 spots. With extra 2nd RD pick I'm taking this guy or Sony Michel.

Op you reference on twitter cut up that tannehills biggest weakness is recognizing peel lbs on coverage but my argument would be that those are bait calls by the d driven by the distance to the sticks over everything else. So where does the failure by the qb come in there exactly if it’s a bait call and the pre to early post snap read says to go there with the ball? Keeping in mind that his head in his drop is in the center of the field as it should be. I guess you would tell me that post snap prior to the throw he has tunnel vision there but it’s a hard grade and sticks driven over everything else

If not for the down and distance to the sticks that doesnt happen. And I might be wrong on this cause I’m going strictly on memory but wasn’t that play preceded by a drop that would have kept miami within the sticks.

I know I’ve seen those on tape.

I’m not on twitter otherwise I’d ask you this type of stuff on that platform

Last edited:
The question for me is whether or not Gase and the FO are going to put their money where their mounts are with true evaluations.

They said they are evaluating everyone so what are they going to come to grips with about Alonso? If it's status quo then he remains as the WLB as well as nickel. McMillan is the MLB so are they really going to spend a top 11 pick on a SLB? Maybe if they decide Raekwon is only two down. That was the plan last year.

The question for me is whether or not Gase and the FO are going to put their money where their mounts are with true evaluations.

They said they are evaluating everyone so what are they going to come to grips with about Alonso? If it's status quo then he remains as the WLB as well as nickel. McMillan is the MLB so are they really going to spend a top 11 pick on a SLB? Maybe if they decide Raekwon is only two down. That was the plan last year.

Yeah that’s the only way I could see them going with Edmunds at 11. 2 down strong nickel mike

Yeah that’s the only way I could see them going with Edmunds at 11. 2 down strong nickel mike

I wouldn't mind seeing that with Edmunds and TJMcD in a big nickel....if they can find a true FS as well. Did you know that Edmunds dad is Ferrell (former Dolphins TE)???

Back
Top Bottom