Mock Off-Season | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Off-Season

I wouldn't mind seeing that with Edmunds and TJMcD in a big nickel....if they can find a true FS as well. Did you know that Edmunds dad is Ferrell (former Dolphins TE)???

Yeah I had seen that. I think for me the only thing that makes you wonder if you are getting the real pick bang for your buck here is as a nickel mike due to the instincts the upside appears to be bernardrick McKinney between the tackles. He’s more fluid than bernardrick but I think you are gonna see a lot of post snap reactionary play with him there if that’s how we played it.

I can think of other schemes where he’s more valuable every down and easier to grade out top 12 worthy

I haven't seen enough of Andrews.
As to Goedert, his tape is really compelling to me.
1. Size- 6-5 250 and he carries it.
As to size perfect score.
2. Hands- makes the catches - high points when necessary. Sometimes his hands are close to his body when he catches but seems to have a feel of when that's acceptable. He goes gets it when he needs to. High score on hands.
3. Athletic ability. Former basketball player. Good feet. Knows how to use his body. Will flash a spin move here and there.
4. Speed. Weakest attribute. I don't expect him to burn. He's not OJ Howard 4.51. He's more Gronk type. Gronk ran 4.68.
Highly productive kid. NFL body.
He missed couple games each of last 2 seasons. Needs looking into.
For me- if my top tier is gone--I try trade down 10 spots. With extra 2nd RD pick I'm taking this guy or Sony Michel.

Goedert reminds me of Travis kelce with his body lean in his stem and his quick acceleration with the ball in his hands. However that quick acceleration may be a little deceiving relative to the level of competition he’s playing against.

I think his speed looks pretty good not a burner but good enough like his lean in his stem carries that 260 on that 6 foot 4 and 1/2 frame very well. Athletically he moves like he’s 250 maybe even 245

A little raw with the route running I saw one instance where he got 12 yards off coverage basically giving away the skinny post route when flexed and when he cut inside off his stem the corner or db met the ball as it arrived. That’s the kind of play that looks to me like short area quickness is less than ideal. Of course it may have also been the qb was staring it down the entire way and the db facing the action just drove on it but I couldn’t help thinking how pre to early post snap he had all that advantage on that route relative to the coverage and leverage played and this low level comp kid drives on it and meets him at the ball.

He runs through contact again though how much of that is level of competition? Hard to say when you carry 260 that well that’s a load for a tight end that can get vertical and bang seams. That parts impressive.

In terms of where I think Andrews has it over him route running stands out Andrews will use his head and his body to sell things more. He’s just more polished. In terms of short area quickness I would give that edge to Andrews watch him run a pivot route and how much separation he gets out of it and i think that gives you a good indicator that this guy gets in and out of cuts well. He runs an exceptional pivot route.

So for me route running and short area quickness I give the edge to Andrews. However Andrews isnt a top 20 pick worthy athlete or speed guy so in that regard if I was drafting him top 20 I would be overdrafting him.

Andrews does a good job of using his body control late in a route to gain the inside or body positioning. He’s crafty in terms of his ability to gain the leverage late in a route.

Contested ball over the head id probably give that edge to goedert but again there’s a difference in level of competition here that stands out even with the defense optional conference Andrews comes from.

Neither guy looks to really separate in the stem something that will probably help you get them a little later than you might expect otherwise

Is this overall draft class strong enough to keep both these guys and the South Carolina kid out of the top 50 I’d probably say no but if I was gonna use a top 50 pick on a tight end in this class the only 3 for consideration are goedert, Andrews and hurst.

And hurst game is h back yard off the los primary or even backfield work.

Last edited:
Yeah I had seen that. I think for me the only thing that makes you wonder if you are getting the real pick bang for your buck here is as a nickel mike due to the instincts the upside appears to be bernardrick McKinney between the tackles. He’s more fluid than bernardrick but I think you are gonna see a lot of post snap reactionary play with him there if that’s how we played it.

I can think of other schemes where he’s more valuable every down and easier to grade out top 12 worthy

Are you talking about as a 3-4 OLB?

I like his ability off the edge as a blitzing SLB. Should give us what Timmons was supposed to give us last year. He can also play WLB next year if they want to move on from Kiko. What I really like are his TFL numbers (33 career) as well as the 3 FF last year.

Are you talking about as a 3-4 OLB?

I like his ability off the edge as a blitzing SLB. Should give us what Timmons was supposed to give us last year. He can also play WLB next year if they want to move on from Kiko. What I really like are his TFL numbers (33 career) as well as the 3 FF last year.

Not enough outside shoulder win as a pass rusher to project 34 olb. You draft that to rush the passer primary top 12 you deserve to be pinked

I don’t like him at all as a wolb in our scheme. There’s nothing that says carry coverage to me there. That’s why I’d project in our scheme 2 down strong nickel mike. He has to play every down to warrant a top 12 pick

McKinney plays thumper off the los lb in Houston I think in nickel that’s what he’d have to be for Miami. Poa and gap fill guy but highly post snap between the tackles

Not enough outside shoulder win as a pass rusher to project 34 olb. You draft that to rush the passer primary top 12 you deserve to be pinked

I don’t like him at all as a wolb in our scheme. There’s nothing that says carry coverage to me there. That’s why I’d project in our scheme 2 down strong nickel mike. He has to play every down to warrant a top 12 pick

McKinney plays thumper off the los lb in Houston I think in nickel that’s what he’d have to be for Miami. Poa and gap fill guy but highly post snap between the tackles

That's the only reason I was thinking the 11th pick....what I'm reading about him in coverage.

https://www.ndtscouting.com/virginia-tech-lb-tremaine-edmunds-special-prospect/

That's the only reason I was thinking the 11th pick....what I'm reading about him in coverage.

https://www.ndtscouting.com/virginia-tech-lb-tremaine-edmunds-special-prospect/

I don’t see much carry coverage there I see pass off and react in under man and zone concepts

But hey if you think he’s a 6 foot 4 240 lb every down weakside lb option ideal fit than he absolutely validates a top 10 pick in our scheme

I don’t see that Jaylon smith range as a prospect but he does have good range. Who plays weakside 43 olb at that size? And carries coverage. That dudes gonna be 245 to 250 lbs by the time he’s done filling out on that frame

He’s 19

I guess you could project a faster more explosive more range kJ Wright

Last edited:
We need to add some really smart players, guys who are are all of the above. Book smart,football smart, and instinctive, with outstanding character and leadership qualities.

Our coaches need to be able to be creative and change things up during the heat of the battle. No more effin morons! No more Dion Jordans,or Sponge Bob's,or gas mask bong boy can't catch up to the Pro game, or free the murderer dimwit, our so called OL leader.

When I say leadership qualities I don't mean loud mouths or guys who like to orate and pontificate. I mean gifted individuals who inspire those around them to give more for greatness. Like T_____, I can't write it. Like Carson Wentz ,Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, and some guys lead and inspire by just being outstanding and developing a persona that becomes legendary, like the matchless Larry Csonka.

Raekwon and Chase look good for these qualities, we'll see. We need more like them, at all levels and position groups. Michael Thomas is going to get a big fat raise this March, and it is highly unlikely he gets it from the cap strapped Dolphins. We need a new leader on ST's.

Which guys had GPA's over 3.0?? Which prospects have shown outstanding instincts and intangibles? Which prospects have shown true leadership qualities?

Let the drug addicts,violent criminals and morons go to other teams. Let's find winners.

Goedert reminds me of Travis kelce with his body lean in his stem and his quick acceleration with the ball in his hands. However that quick acceleration may be a little deceiving relative to the level of competition he’s playing against.

I think his speed looks pretty good not a burner but good enough like his lean in his stem carries that 260 on that 6 foot 4 and 1/2 frame very well. Athletically he moves like he’s 250 maybe even 245

A little raw with the route running I saw one instance where he got 12 yards off coverage basically giving away the skinny post route when flexed and when he cut inside off his stem the corner or db met the ball as it arrived. That’s the kind of play that looks to me like short area quickness is less than ideal. Of course it may have also been the qb was staring it down the entire way and the db facing the action just drove on it but I couldn’t help thinking how pre to early post snap he had all that advantage on that route relative to the coverage and leverage played and this low level comp kid drives on it and meets him at the ball.

He runs through contact again though how much of that is level of competition? Hard to say when you carry 260 that well that’s a load for a tight end that can get vertical and bang seams. That parts impressive.

In terms of where I think Andrews has it over him route running stands out Andrews will use his head and his body to sell things more. He’s just more polished. In terms of short area quickness I would give that edge to Andrews watch him run a pivot route and how much separation he gets out of it and i think that gives you a good indicator that this guy gets in and out of cuts well. He runs an exceptional pivot route.

So for me route running and short area quickness I give the edge to Andrews. However Andrews isnt a top 20 pick worthy athlete or speed guy so in that regard if I was drafting him top 20 I would be overdrafting him.

Andrews does a good job of using his body control late in a route to gain the inside or body positioning. He’s crafty in terms of his ability to gain the leverage late in a route.

Contested ball over the head id probably give that edge to goedert but again there’s a difference in level of competition here that stands out even with the defense optional conference Andrews comes from.

Neither guy looks to really separate in the stem something that will probably help you get them a little later than you might expect otherwise

Is this overall draft class strong enough to keep both these guys and the South Carolina kid out of the top 50 I’d probably say no but if I was gonna use a top 50 pick on a tight end in this class the only 3 for consideration are goedert, Andrews and hurst.

And hurst game is h back yard off the los primary or even backfield work.

I think Kelce is more athletic and quicker than Goedert. Not a knock on Goedert as Kelce is elite in this regard.
Goedert reminds me of a Ben Watson - Mark Bavaro combo. Big target. Great hands. Quick enough and strong runner.

I think Kelce is more athletic and quicker than Goedert. Not a knock on Goedert as Kelce is elite in this regard.
Goedert reminds me of a Ben Watson - Mark Bavaro combo. Big target. Great hands. Quick enough and strong runner.

Yeah I agree on the kelce front that’s why I didn’t even really want to reference him. Kelce has elite quickness although I don’t know that it showed up at that level on univ of cinci tape

@ Danny

Wow is this what you would like to happen? P l e a s e holographic awareness... So.... How about this? Gase will do everything he needs to do to release the toxic players holding this team back. Wish these players the best but they aren't Ready for Miami or clearly they are unable to handle it. Another Draft will Gase overseeing this makes me feel good, truly. In Base I Trust...what other choice do I have? Ughh ps apathy makes me sick! There's too much of it on this team. We need nature young men that love to play the game more than...

Well i just googled him and saw on nfl.com’s draft profile they project him as a 2nd-3rd

Watching this senior bowl game tape he’s pretty raw between the tackles I’d take the chance he would make it to pick 73

But it’s gonna be tight I’d say

Last edited:
Man I thought he was pretty damn impressive. He held up strength wise on those drills. To me that's as important as anything. Let's see how he moves Saturday and throughout combine.

I mentioned Wynn to you a couple weeks back. He is another option at #43 - another LG. - he provides some additional value as emergency LT.

2 WRs I liked - Hamilton and Gallup. They seemed fluid and able to get open. Keep an eye on them.

I was wrong. Gallops tbe most impressive cause he can separate

Hamilton is like a poor mans cooper kupp

Back
Top Bottom