Monday 8/02/04 TC Report-Morning Session | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday 8/02/04 TC Report-Morning Session

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Sam, Pat, Zach, D-Mac, Shawn Wooden, and Aaron Hunt all were present but did not practice. Mare started off with his field goal drill, every one split the uprights. He has only struggled with the heavy rain, but still this is South Florida, he better learn how to kick it in the rain and quick. Simmons and Russell were back fielding punts during the punt return drills, either of these 2 would be an upgrade over Rogers/Newson IMO. They both have good speed, moves, vision, and acceleration, hopefully they get a shot to return some kicks. BTW, the job for fliers on the punt coverage unit right now is between Ayanbadejo, Jenkins, Akin, Bua, Poole, and Simmons.

Roundtree made a sweet 1-handed pick in the CB drills, and Bua, Jenkins and Moore were the only lbs to catch all their balls during their drills.

The qbs were warming up on the far side of the field, AJ and Sage throw a really good out pattern, whether they are short mid or deep. Jay is really, really bad at these throws, they expose his flaws and weaknesses more than any other throw IMO. He puts a slight float on it that makes the reciever have to wait and adjust to the pass....for instance when he threw one to Simmons he had to stretch out and then he fell out of bounds, so it was only a 7 yard gain. When AJ delivered the same pass to the same guy, he was able to catch it in stride and turn it up the field, which netted another 11 yards. It's little things like this that make all the difference in the world IMO. Other than that, all 4 qbs looked good warming up. The switched to alot of short passes and routes and tons of 3 step drops today to avoid the big pressure situations again.

7 on 7s

Jay inc deflected by Poole
Jay picked off by Sammy Knight, horrible read and throw by Jay
Jay quick out to McMichael
Jay swing pass to Russell
Jay quick slant complete to Chambers
AJ over the middle to Simmons
AJ to Bellamy, great catch on deep out 25+yards
AJ rifles another one to Morris, he's throwing lasers
AJ short pass over the middle to Works
AJ quick slant to Chambers
Sage over the middle to Minor
Sage to Donald Lee on quick out
AJ slant route to Boston
AJ another fantastic throw to Newson in traffic

AJ looked phenomenal during that drill, words can't explain how nice those passes looked.

Scrimmage 1

Minor 1 yd (Chester, Greenwood)
Minor minimal gain (Moore, T Bowens)
Minor 3 yds ( Moore, Greenwood)
Minor nailed in backfield (Taylor, Chester, D Bowens)
Morris 4 yds (Edwards)
Morris stuffed at line (Bua, Williams)
Morris 1 yd (Banks, Pope, Bua)
Morris stuffed in backfield (fantastic blitz and wrap up tackle by Pope)
Henry 2 yds (Jenkins, Bell)
Henry 1 yd (Poole)
Works minimal gain (Pope, Romero)
Russell no gain (Brown, Bua)
Russell 2 yd loss (Bua shoots in and nails him)

Scrimmage 2

Jay horrible pass I don't even know who he was throwing to
Jay draw to Minor 7 yds
Jay deep ball underthrown to Chambers who didn't even look up
Jay handoff to Morris nice run 10 yds
Jay to Konrad, 3-5 yds
Jay gets hit as soon he throws, inc
AJ sacked by Williams
AJ would've been sacked again, but they let the play run and he completes it to Thompson
AJ quick slant on blitz dropped by Tolver
AJ complete over the middle to Wilkins
AJ screen pass to Morris great call same as yesterday but to the other side
AJ quick out to Boston
Jay incomplete deep overthrown
Jay sacked by Taylor
Jay way wide on the out pattern to Boston
Jay out to Boston
Jay to Lee
Jay square-in to Chambers (his best throw of the day)
AJ short to Chambers
AJ short to Thompson
AJ swing to Henry, bounces off his hands

I said that when AJ clearly outperforms Jay he'll get his credit, well he deserves it today. One of the more promising performances from him in a while. He threw with confidence, poise, authority, and accuracy. He threw it with great velocity and touch. He did everything and looked like a guy that could be very very good for us in the future. I have to sing his praises today.

The o-line played better than yeseterday too, which is good to see, all that matters is progress, no matter how slight. They still didn't run block well at all, but the pass protection was better and hey, progress is progress. They still have a long way to go though.

3 Stars

AJ Feeley: Great day all-around, showed the potential that made the Miami FO go out and spend a 2nd rounder on him. Very encouraging.

Eddie Moore: Very active all day long, provided good coverage and excellent run support. Excelled in the drills as well.

Tony Bua/Derrick Pope: Another nice day for the two rookies, continue to draw praise and impress. Nothing but good things to say about these two.

Highlight: AJ's pass to Snoop on the deep out, good throw even better catch.

Lowlight: AJ's first two plays during scrimmage when the line just got mauled.

Good report as usual. Sounds like AJ is getting his legs underneath him.

Interesting. The two of the three big training camp stars are doing well with pads.

I would love if AJ puts some distance between himself and Fiedler. Thanks for being the reports.

Thanks for the report as usual! I'm going to training camp tomorrow with my digital camera, so hopefully if everyone wants me too, i'll post some of the pictures on here for everyone to see.

Yeah baby! I've been waiting months for some good news. I hope AJ continues to pull away from Jay. Then, this QB battle will be over and they'll get more comfortable with their roles! How's Boston looking? What about Poole?

Thanks man, I'm loving it but not in some sissy la-la McDonalds way

I really hope he wins the starting job. I am only slightly concerned about the running game, especially if the passing game stays as is. I would be more concerned if we had a terrible run defence, I can't see us playing anyone this year with a better run defence. It will be interesting to see what happens when we play crappy run defences (Jets, Cincinnati, Cleveland, etc.)

What do you think of AJ's footwork and mobility? I have read that his motions look really funny, and awkward. Is this what you think too, and do you think it effects him?

The videos I have seen showed him on some roll-outs and such in Philly, but never really a scramble, has he scrambled much in these practices?

:up:

Good to hear Feeley is getting better by the day. I hope he beats out Jay by the end of training camp.

Thats reassuring to hear AJ is finally starting to get the hang of the offense and out-perform Jay. We're all pretty sure that Feeley has more talent then ol' Feidler, we were just waiting for it to show.

Also, I was on a Saints forum trying to sign my friend up, and I was checkin out their TC photos. Man, they got some up-close shots, its so not fair.

Excellent Post,good luck to A.J. hopes he does well, cant wait for the season when we shock the nfl world.

Back
Top Bottom