Monday 8/02/04 TC Report-Morning Session | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday 8/02/04 TC Report-Morning Session

Thanks, FinFlurry for a another good report. If I lived in South Florida I'd be right there with some of you guys checking out the action. I just don't see how more people don't go to those things.

I said that when AJ clearly outperforms Jay he'll get his credit, well he deserves it today. One of the more promising performances from him in a while. He threw with confidence, poise, authority, and accuracy. He threw it with great velocity and touch. He did everything and looked like a guy that could be very very good for us in the future. I have to sing his praises today
We've been waiting for it. According to Wannstedt, they'll make a decision after the second preseason game and we're going to hold him to it. Hopefully AJ will beat him out with some consistent play. While I admire some of Jay's qualities such as his leadership, his playing with heart, and his elusiveness, his inconsistent performances leave us wanting him on the bench.

Great report and great news about AJ. Funny thing to me is, all the knocks on AJ was how he isn't mobile, and can't run like Jay. Seems to me, AJ not only completed more throws then Jay, but that Jay also got sacked more. I've always felt, mobility is only important if you can't throw the ball. Marino never had to test his sticks scrambling.

Thanks so much for the info. Go Feeley.
I think it will take awhile before the coaches learn how to properly use Minor.

I feel a lot better when your reports read AJ's name first instead of Fludders........

THANKS FINFLURRY!:)

BTW, i know its probably hard to single one guy out, but i was wondering if u noticed Jeno James at all. Im not sure what kind of view you have, so i dont kno if u could help me on this one.

Also, so far our 2005 running game isnt sounding very good:shakeno:

Superb report and the qb news is icing on the cake. Seems that Feeley must be preogressing since he was on the money with all his blitz pickups and delivery (only one that hit ground was Tolver drop). Jay on the other hand strugled in this session. If AJs head was still spinning, he would have faultered here, and his ability to read it, find the open guy and get the ball there should help counter his lack of mobility I would assume. It sure is noce that we have a QB again that can get in a groove...that is what we need in the 4th quater. I know it is still early, but good news is good news, and it seems that he is progressivly progressing which is what we have been hoping/waiting for. I also like the way it seems AJ spread it around to different guys/positions which tells me that his reads are telling him who should be open etc...Thanks again FLurry!

I love the Aj news. I think what impresses me is Bua and Pope standing out. The ned for Lb depth was clear and it seems we may have found that depth.

ckparrothead said:
Well I can tell you from the tale of the tape its true...but you shouldn't be all that discouraged. Some of the best QBs look kind of awkward like that moving. I know that Brad Johnson even in his glory days, looks like one of the most awkward guys around.
i can think of a guy named marino who wasnt exactly mr. nimble.

Great Stuff! Thanks. The report is that much better b/c of the Feeley performance. He needs to keep it up. Hopefully the coaches will give him a fair shot.

Glad to hear Feeley had a solid practice. Keep up the great work...I love the breakdowns you provide on the QB Battle.

Thanks, and keep these camp reports coming. :D

I've been a Fiedler supporter since day one, however it's good to see someone else come in and do well. Props to AJ, keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom