Monday 8/02/04 TC Report-Morning Session | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday 8/02/04 TC Report-Morning Session

Thanks finsflu its good to hear that that second round pick (investment) is showing some promise.
Thanks again for the report

of course

Finsflurry said:
He scrambled once today after he got sacked, he runs like a duck its pretty funny.

He doesn't look that akward, sometimes he does when he doesn't go through is motion properly, but other than that I don't think it effects him much. He can certainly get enough zip on the ball.
he is a "duck" after all;)

I have been reading all the info I can about the dolphins since there has been an internet.

I live in Wyoming and the only info I can get is from guys like ff.

Thanks for taking your time and letting us know what you saw

Finsflurry said:
Sam, Pat, Zach, D-Mac, Shawn Wooden, and Aaron Hunt all were present but did not practice. Mare started off with his field goal drill, every one split the uprights. He has only struggled with the heavy rain, but still this is South Florida, he better learn how to kick it in the rain and quick. Simmons and Russell were back fielding punts during the punt return drills, either of these 2 would be an upgrade over Rogers/Newson IMO. They both have good speed, moves, vision, and acceleration, hopefully they get a shot to return some kicks. BTW, the job for fliers on the punt coverage unit right now is between Ayanbadejo, Jenkins, Akin, Bua, Poole, and Simmons.

Roundtree made a sweet 1-handed pick in the CB drills, and Bua, Jenkins and Moore were the only lbs to catch all their balls during their drills.

The qbs were warming up on the far side of the field, AJ and Sage throw a really good out pattern, whether they are short mid or deep. Jay is really, really bad at these throws, they expose his flaws and weaknesses more than any other throw IMO. He puts a slight float on it that makes the reciever have to wait and adjust to the pass....for instance when he threw one to Simmons he had to stretch out and then he fell out of bounds, so it was only a 7 yard gain. When AJ delivered the same pass to the same guy, he was able to catch it in stride and turn it up the field, which netted another 11 yards. It's little things like this that make all the difference in the world IMO. Other than that, all 4 qbs looked good warming up. The switched to alot of short passes and routes and tons of 3 step drops today to avoid the big pressure situations again.

7 on 7s

Jay inc deflected by Poole
Jay picked off by Sammy Knight, horrible read and throw by Jay
Jay quick out to McMichael
Jay swing pass to Russell
Jay quick slant complete to Chambers
AJ over the middle to Simmons
AJ to Bellamy, great catch on deep out 25+yards
AJ rifles another one to Morris, he's throwing lasers
AJ short pass over the middle to Works
AJ quick slant to Chambers
Sage over the middle to Minor
Sage to Donald Lee on quick out
AJ slant route to Boston
AJ another fantastic throw to Newson in traffic

AJ looked phenomenal during that drill, words can't explain how nice those passes looked.

Scrimmage 1

Minor 1 yd (Chester, Greenwood)
Minor minimal gain (Moore, T Bowens)
Minor 3 yds ( Moore, Greenwood)
Minor nailed in backfield (Taylor, Chester, D Bowens)
Morris 4 yds (Edwards)
Morris stuffed at line (Bua, Williams)
Morris 1 yd (Banks, Pope, Bua)
Morris stuffed in backfield (fantastic blitz and wrap up tackle by Pope)
Henry 2 yds (Jenkins, Bell)
Henry 1 yd (Poole)
Works minimal gain (Pope, Romero)
Russell no gain (Brown, Bua)
Russell 2 yd loss (Bua shoots in and nails him)

Scrimmage 2

Jay horrible pass I don't even know who he was throwing to
Jay draw to Minor 7 yds
Jay deep ball underthrown to Chambers who didn't even look up
Jay handoff to Morris nice run 10 yds
Jay to Konrad, 3-5 yds
Jay gets hit as soon he throws, inc
AJ sacked by Williams
AJ would've been sacked again, but they let the play run and he completes it to Thompson
AJ quick slant on blitz dropped by Tolver
AJ complete over the middle to Wilkins
AJ screen pass to Morris great call same as yesterday but to the other side
AJ quick out to Boston
Jay incomplete deep overthrown
Jay sacked by Taylor
Jay way wide on the out pattern to Boston
Jay out to Boston
Jay to Lee
Jay square-in to Chambers (his best throw of the day)
AJ short to Chambers
AJ short to Thompson
AJ swing to Henry, bounces off his hands

I said that when AJ clearly outperforms Jay he'll get his credit, well he deserves it today. One of the more promising performances from him in a while. He threw with confidence, poise, authority, and accuracy. He threw it with great velocity and touch. He did everything and looked like a guy that could be very very good for us in the future. I have to sing his praises today.

The o-line played better than yeseterday too, which is good to see, all that matters is progress, no matter how slight. They still didn't run block well at all, but the pass protection was better and hey, progress is progress. They still have a long way to go though.

3 Stars

AJ Feeley: Great day all-around, showed the potential that made the Miami FO go out and spend a 2nd rounder on him. Very encouraging.

Eddie Moore: Very active all day long, provided good coverage and excellent run support. Excelled in the drills as well.

Tony Bua/Derrick Pope: Another nice day for the two rookies, continue to draw praise and impress. Nothing but good things to say about these two.

Highlight: AJ's pass to Snoop on the deep out, good throw even better catch.

Lowlight: AJ's first two plays during scrimmage when the line just got mauled.
looks good for aj...hopefully he continues to improve

Thanks FF, great news on the QB challenge, may the best QB win, not necessarily the best man... ;)

FinFan24 said:
THANKS FINFLURRY!:)

BTW, i know its probably hard to single one guy out, but i was wondering if u noticed Jeno James at all. Im not sure what kind of view you have, so i dont kno if u could help me on this one.

Also, so far our 2005 running game isnt sounding very good:shakeno:

Sorry didn't see your question earlier. I've commented on Jeno in the past, he's been our best lineman so far and I expect him to be our best lineman this year and our only pro bowler. He is the leader of the unit as well, a great character guy. Great, great signing by the Dolphins.

good read again thx, i did catch me again, for the 2nd day in a row, i check how AJ did first and then i start to read the whole report, thx again its so welcome here :)

Good report. I hope the o-line can progress and eventually gel together. AJ sure does sound like he will be a steal if he continues to feel comfortable with the plays and recievers...That means big numbers from Chambers and Boston. :D

dolfan3033 said:
Thanks for the report as usual! I'm going to training camp tomorrow with my digital camera, so hopefully if everyone wants me too, i'll post some of the pictures on here for everyone to see.
Speaking for the Dolfans in Maryland...Post the pictures!!...we live for this stuff! Great job on the review too

Back
Top Bottom