Monday 8/02/04 TC Report-Morning Session | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday 8/02/04 TC Report-Morning Session

What do you think of AJ's footwork and mobility? I have read that his motions look really funny, and awkward. Is this what you think too, and do you think it effects him?

Well I can tell you from the tale of the tape its true...but you shouldn't be all that discouraged. Some of the best QBs look kind of awkward like that moving. I know that Brad Johnson even in his glory days, looks like one of the most awkward guys around.

Great news thats what I like to hear

and for dolfan3033 yes i would like some pics that would be great

ckparrothead said:
Well I can tell you from the tale of the tape its true...but you shouldn't be all that discouraged. Some of the best QBs look kind of awkward like that moving. I know that Brad Johnson even in his glory days, looks like one of the most awkward guys around.
You made me think of Kosar... :roflmao:

Phinz4Life said:
Thats reassuring to hear AJ is finally starting to get the hang of the offense and out-perform Jay. We're all pretty sure that Feeley has more talent then ol' Feidler, we were just waiting for it to show.

Also, I was on a Saints forum trying to sign my friend up, and I was checkin out their TC photos. Man, they got some up-close shots, its so not fair.

If you go on the miami herald they got some up close shots there not many tho:D

BALLS DEEP said:
Yeah baby! I've been waiting months for some good news. I hope AJ continues to pull away from Jay. Then, this QB battle will be over and they'll get more comfortable with their roles! How's Boston looking? What about Poole?

Thanks man, I'm loving it but not in some sissy la-la McDonalds way

Boston's looking big and fast, he's been running a lot of long patterns so the qb's really haven't thrown it his way. The best he's looked is when he catches one short and you get to see him in the open field. The man will do some serious damage one on one if he gets a chance to rack up the YAC, he can take it for 6 anytime. He will be a big part of the offense this year.

Poole's looking solid not spectacular. His greatest contribution IMO will be on ST, where he will help both as a punt flier and a punt/kick blocker. He's the 4th CB, and he should do well in that slot too.

NLude33 said:
What do you think of AJ's footwork and mobility? I have read that his motions look really funny, and awkward. Is this what you think too, and do you think it effects him?

The videos I have seen showed him on some roll-outs and such in Philly, but never really a scramble, has he scrambled much in these practices?

He scrambled once today after he got sacked, he runs like a duck its pretty funny.

He doesn't look that akward, sometimes he does when he doesn't go through is motion properly, but other than that I don't think it effects him much. He can certainly get enough zip on the ball.

The Herald has a wee little, tiny, baby practice report that just came out...here's one blurb from it......
Quarterback A.J. Feeley was four-of-five in the blitz drill and looked sharper than incumbent Jay Fiedler, who was one-of-four. Feeley hit a completion to Derrius Thompson over the middle on his first attempt. Feeley's lone incompletion was a drop by J.R. Tolver.

Seems to confirm that Feeley was the sharper of the two today. click here for more...

Wow, is it possible that spielman hit on a 7th round pick in Derrick Pope??

We might be seeing the start of a new, exciting era with Spielman adding players to this franchise.

I know it's early, but sounds like Carey, Poole, Bua and Pope are showing very good promise. Rex Hadnot and Tony Pape will have lots of time to develop.

This is good news. I'm not a Fiedler hater, I just hate when he throws those outs. He short-arms it everytime. His square-ins are pretty good though. Looks like this is consistant with his play today. Good to hear AJ looking better and yes he does run like a duck. I hope our O-Line comes together quickly I don't want to see him running all year. Oh by the way, thanks for the report I almost forgot.

inFINSible said:
The Herald has a wee little, tiny, baby practice report that just came out...here's one blurb from it......

Seems to confirm that Feeley was the sharper of the two today. click here for more...

Yeah that was this sequence sorry it should have read:

Finsflurry said:
AJ sacked by Williams
AJ would've been sacked again, but they let the play run and he completes it to Thompson
AJ quick slant on blitz dropped by Tolver
AJ complete over the middle to Wilkins
AJ screen pass to Morris great call same as yesterday but to the other side
AJ quick out to Boston

awesome...thanks for the report. So glad to hear that AJ is comming along also sounds like we may have found our #3 in snoop! Also love to hear that Moore, Bua, Poole.....are playing well we need to have good depth at all positions!

Back
Top Bottom