Monday press conference scheduled to address future of Sun Life Stadium | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday press conference scheduled to address future of Sun Life Stadium

I'm sure its all prearranged, the city will give money for upgrades contingent on superbowl promises. Just one superbowl is probably worth at least $50 million in spinoff revenues to the city.

Based on what evidence?

Should Miami spend $1,000,000,000 in order to maybe get a pay off perhaps $50,000,000 in the future? (Hint, count the zeroes)

Super Bowls are are NOT awarded to Stadiums, they are made to cities/communities, and they are not awarded solely on the condition/comparison between the stadiums. Other factors are almost as important, and those other factors together are MORE important. The city, hotels, weather, venues for ancillary events, tourist attractions, city image, ect, ect.....

I beg to differ.....Going back to 2009, if not before, Commissioner Goodell has repeatedly said that upgrades need to be made to the stadium if Miami is going to be competitive in the Superbowl bidding process.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2009/12/07/20091207spt-nflnb1208.html

Of course most other places don't have the kind of weather that Miami has in February, so you probably will see Miami and New Orleans always in the bidding, even though there are newer and better stadiums.

Lets see if they are asking for more welfare for billionaires. Amazing how the nfl keeps squeezing public money away from everything else when they are quite capable of financing their own stadiums.

Based on what evidence?

Should Miami spend $1,000,000,000 in order to maybe get a pay off perhaps $50,000,000 in the future? (Hint, count the zeroes)

The upgrades are rumored to cost about $100 million, one superbowl could pay for that.

The upgrades are rumored to cost about $100 million, one superbowl could pay for that.

I think Ross should spend that money its not like ticket prices wont go up when we make improvements , hell maybe we can pay 50 dollars for parking

Weather is no longer a factor. New York hosts 2014 and Goodell is talking about wanting one in Denver. Footbal was made to be played in the elements and he knows that.

Because I think we rather them save that money for a new stadium than to continue spending hundreds of millions on that garbage.

Even the ****ing Raiders are getting a new stadium. THE FREAKING RAIDERS. And Goodell has even said the NFL will help fund it. I don't get why we can't get a new stadium, seriously.

I don't see a guarantee Oakland is getting a new stadium. In looking at info on the 'net about it, it seems to be a possibility. They might share the new 49ers new stadium for 2 years before they get their own place. That's bat**** dumb.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Weather is no longer a factor. New York hosts 2014 and Goodell is talking about wanting one in Denver. Footbal was made to be played in the elements and he knows that.

If it's 19 degrees in Denver now for the AFC Divisional Game, can you imagine what it would be like at the end of Jan/early Feb for the Super Bowl? That would be ridiculous to have all the rich a-holes at the Super Bowl sit in that cold weather to watch the game.

I don't see a guarantee Oakland is getting a new stadium. In looking at info on the 'net about it, it seems to be a possibility. They might share the new 49ers new stadium for 2 years before they get their own place. That's bat**** dumb.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

If it's 19 degrees in Denver now for the AFC Divisional Game, can you imagine what it would be like at the end of Jan/early Feb for the Super Bowl? That would be ridiculous to have all the rich a-holes at the Super Bowl sit in that cold weather to watch the game.
No different then sitting through a winter storm in New York. Its all about money and the city that bids the highest will be hosting.

I believe the announcement will involve the renaming of the stadium as SUN LIFE is pulling out of the U.S. market and sold the us part of the company.
"Canada’s third-largest insurer agreed to sell its U.S. annuities unit to a firm owned by Guggenheim Partners LLC for $1.35 billion in December, "

Just sayin'

The problem with Sun Life stadium is the location as well as the multi purpose design of the facility. It is located in the ghetto.

A new, state of the art football only stadium that seats 75K should be built along Biscayne bay near the AAA center.

They can create the land by filling in a section of the bay off of 195. Ross can afford it and it would be situated between the city and Miami Beach.

The details can be worked out later...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
lol Atlanta, Buffalo, Minnesota, San Diego, and San Francisco are all getting new stadiums. Miami will be just about the lone team with crusty stadium built before the 90s.

The problem with Sun Life stadium is the location as well as the multi purpose design of the facility. It is located in the ghetto.

A new, state of the art football only stadium that seats 75K should be built along Biscayne bay near the AAA center.

They can create the land by filling in a section of the bay off of 195. Ross can afford it and it would be situated between the city and Miami Beach.

The details can be worked out later...lol
I don't think the next stadium should have more than 60k seats. I agree that the stadium should be located in Biscayne Bay.

Back
Top Bottom