More Dolphins praise from Trent Dilfer | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Dolphins praise from Trent Dilfer

I simply could care less what Trent Dilfer says.

Let us see what Jeff Ireland does with all that cap money and draft picks. Then we can talk about the direction of the team.

i want him to be wayyyyyyy better than flacco. flacco is above average IMO, but not in the top tier of QB.

Dude Flacco is money. if not for Lee Evens - Ravens would be in back to back Superbowls.
Your right Flacco is above average but there are only a few top tier QB _ Brady / Manning / Brees / Rodgers - aftrer those guys everyone is either above average , average , or stink.

I don't know what team, Dilfer is watching, but I just don't see Tannehill becoming a good player. He doesn't have that swag like a Andrew Luck or a Russell Wilson, have. Tannehill just doesn't have the FIRE, like a Kapernick. You can have all the pieces in place and still have a garbage team, if you don't have that swag.

A theme I am going to bark about all the offseason is to get more athletic. Look for guards that can move and pull. Find a TE that can bust the seam. Have a vertical presence at receiver. Add a pass rusher opposite of Wake. Look for DB's that can run with receivers and have legit ball skills.

Perhaps some of my needs could be filled in house. However, FA will have to be used and this is the most crucial draft since 2005....and we know how Nicky Saban's inaugural draft ended up.

I say that in this thread because the physical trait of the team becoming more athletic will help develop RT even more. The Fins margin of error to win since the Parcells, Ireland and Sparano has always been so thin. The Fins need to become more athletic and hence more explosive.

I have been thinking about the G position and I think Incog will stay and they just let his contract fizzle out next year and then replace him. Jerry would be more athletic if he could lose 20 more lbs. They need to ride his ass hard again. Party til you puke.

I don't know what team, Dilfer is watching, but I just don't see Tannehill becoming a good player. He doesn't have that swag like a Andrew Luck or a Russell Wilson, have. Tannehill just doesn't have the FIRE, like a Kapernick. You can have all the pieces in place and still have a garbage team, if you don't have that swag.

Swag? seriously? Swag?

Let me tell you something, in this league, you can make a splash, only to find out that the rest of the NFL evolves with you. The run option will be stinked out just like the wildcat. Notice the 49ers didnt run the option with kaepernick much but handed it off to Gore. That is evolving already. They know teams will pick up on it. The element of surprise is over.

Plus, Seattle doesnt have to play NE twice a year. Yeah they beat them, but on their court and just barely. Swag is nothing but confidence. Tannehill does not lack confidence. In fact, what he lacks is a full deck of players to play with. He did the best with what he had to work with. Now he has one year under his belt with a big offseason coming. I dont think you will be positing much next year with this attitude IMO.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Dude Flacco is money. if not for Lee Evens - Ravens would be in back to back Superbowls.
Your right Flacco is above average but there are only a few top tier QB _ Brady / Manning / Brees / Rodgers - aftrer those guys everyone is either above average , average , or stink.

And it took how long for Flacco to get to the big dance? People have to remember this.

And it took how long for Flacco to get to the big dance? People have to remember this.[/QUOTE]

This is his 4th year!!! Should have been in the big dance in his 3rd.

I'd say that is pretty damn good??? I'm missing something?

Swag? seriously? Swag?

Let me tell you something, in this league, you can make a splash, only to find out that the rest of the NFL evolves with you. The run option will be stinked out just like the wildcat. Notice the 49ers didnt run the option with kaepernick much but handed it off to Gore. That is evolving already. They know teams will pick up on it. The element of surprise is over.

Plus, Seattle doesnt have to play NE twice a year. Yeah they beat them, but on their court and just barely. Swag is nothing but confidence. Tannehill does not lack confidence. In fact, what he lacks is a full deck of players to play with. He did the best with what he had to work with. Now he has one year under his belt with a big offseason coming. I dont think you will be positing much next year with this attitude IMO.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

And it took how long for Flacco to get to the big dance? People have to remember this.[/QUOTE

What is your point? Is this another "be patient with Tannehill". plea?

Flacco has never missed the playoffs. Like him or not, that is impressive.

Every year is different. A player can come out and be great one year but that doesn't necessarily equate to 10 years of consistent production at that level...ask Cam Newton. Russell Wilson may or may not continue down the same path but players get figured out, talent around them degrades and they lose the ability to have miracle plays, and so forth. It's the ULTIMATE team sport and thus so many factors are at play that nothing is a sure thing.

All I'm saying is - It was mentioned that someone thought T-hill would develope into a Flacco like player.

If T-hill develops into Flacco like player that is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flacco has his times yes but every QB does.
If Tanny develops to that then we hit on the pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it took how long for Flacco to get to the big dance? People have to remember this.

This is his 4th year!!! Should have been in the big dance in his 3rd.

I'd say that is pretty damn good??? I'm missing something?[/QUOTE]

I believe this is his 5th year, should have been in his 4th. Still, pretty damn good. He hasn't missed the playoffs, and has had a really solid last 2 years - especially in the postseason. He is on track to break some post-season records, that's for sure.

Heard Dilfer on the radio this morning coming back from the gym....he said that the "pistol" is the truth and causes nightmares for defensive coordinators. He said a lot more teams are currently studying it and that Kap - even if he never runs - is a beast because the threat to run is a serious one. He also said the the pistol can be run out of any offense - west coast, Air-Coryell, etc...I hope that we can get Tanny doing some more pistol-esque things next year.

Swag? seriously? Swag?

And Andrew Luck had good players to work with? Let me tell you something, it's not all about stats. I don't care if Tannehill threw 30 INTs, last year; it's all about how you command that huddle. It's about how you lead the team, and your confidence level. Joe Theisman once said, good leadership is the ability to get people to follow you. I just don't see that in Tannehill. Yea, it's his first year, but you can't really use that excuse anymore, because Luck, Wilson, and Kapernick made the playoffs in their first year.

I agree with this to a point. I think Tannehill's lack of "swag" is what will keep in from being great. BUT I still think he'll be good. Worst case Tanny will be a top 15 QB.

What are you, 16 years old? Swag?!? Really?!? This is what you bring to the table?!? You have no credibility whatsoever. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom