More McMichael Overlooking.... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More McMichael Overlooking....

juniorseau55 said:
It seem to you that way but the situation varies and it isn't straight forward. There are two starting receiver which are the main possession receivers then there are those brought in to make plays in other packages. In miami's situation Chambers is the most reliable target and last year he got the most passes thrown his way because he was open more often than the other receivers. In the giants you have Toomer, Hilliard, Carter and Tyree. Tyree is the rookie receiver and Carter is the third option. They both performed well when needed in situations and due to their limited reps. The giants also throw the ball alot out of the backfield to Barber. They have more options and guys to help him off. The dolphins last year had about only one good receiver which was chambers the others stank and played horrible.

Wouldn't that be an arguement for chambers? With the GIants, you can't constantly double team Toomer, because they have so many weapons. Being one of the few weapons for the Dolphins, that just makes defenses key on Chambers more.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Wouldn't that be an arguement for chambers? With the GIants, you can't constantly double team Toomer, because they have so many weapons. Being one of the few weapons for the Dolphins, that just makes defenses key on Chambers more.

You seem to be getting a wrong grasp of "what double teaming is". The thing about chambers getting doubled all the time is so overated. I never seen Chris Chambers being double team in all the games he's played as a dolphin. Not a lot of teams last season played the dolphins against the pass because they wanted to stop ricky and our mediocre quarterback, they brought in 8 men on the box to stop the dolphins meaning that he wasn't double teamed a lot. Chambers has been out there a lot man to man. Nobody in this league respects us against the pass so I don't suppose people wanna key on Chambers at all more on fiedler and Ricky.

juniorseau55 said:
You seem to be getting a wrong grasp of "what double teaming is". The thing about chambers getting doubled all the time is so overated. I never seen Chris Chambers being double team in all the games he's played as a dolphin. Not a lot of teams last season played the dolphins against the pass because they wanted to stop ricky and our mediocre quarterback, they brought in 8 men on the box to stop the dolphins meaning that he wasn't double teamed a lot. Chambers has been out there a lot man to man. Nobody in this league respects us against the pass so I don't suppose people wanna key on Chambers at all more on fiedler and Ricky.

You are the one who doesn't understand double teams, even with 8 in the box, you can still double team a reciever and key on him. It is not like putting 8 in the box means those 8 have nothing to do with pass coverage. I don't know what dolphin games you were watching, because Chambers was double teamed a lot. Safties constantly cheated to his side.

Also you contridicted yourself again. No one respected the pass because of the quarterback and the line. Do you not think with a better quarterback and line play that Chambers was not capable of having a better season?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
You are the one who doesn't understand double teams, even with 8 in the box, you can still double team a reciever and key on him. It is not like putting 8 in the box means those 8 have nothing to do with pass coverage. I don't know what dolphin games you were watching, because Chambers was double teamed a lot. Safties constantly cheated to his side.

Also you contridicted yourself again. No one respected the pass because of the quarterback and the line. Do you not think with a better quarterback and line play that Chambers was not capable of having a better season?

You seem to have a bad grasp of double teaming because you make it out to be that Chambers is Double Teamed off the line of scrimmage in most plays. go research on defensive coverage packages if you want, you been playing madden football for a while son. When you put 8 on the box you can have the strong safety covering the side of the field and the free safety playing deep out. The linebackers will play underneath on passing downs unless the weak or sam linebacker have special duties. You make it out to be that Chambers is being played man to man on every down with two defensive backs on him, you must be smoking something good. I dont know what you mean by "safety's" cheating to his side, maybe you can use some better terminology.

I didn't contradict myself, its a fact that defenses keyed on our mediocre Quarterback and they were destined to make us run the ball and stop the run. Chambers is giving our current quarterback what he would give another quarterback, he is not consistent enough.

Nothing against chambers but I don't like it when fans make their players out to be something they aren't. Its the same thing with McMichael and its the same thing with defending Jay Fiedler. They are good players but they have a way to go to stack to the other veterans. In the past history, talent is not even the half of things but its more how you play on the Field. If everything goes well then Chris Chambers will find himself in a good position. If he doesnt play well this upcoming season and Boston Has an amazing year then guess who isn't going to get resigned? He's literally playing for his contract if anything.

juniorseau55 said:
You seem to have a bad grasp of double teaming because you make it out to be that Chambers is Double Teamed off the line of scrimmage in most plays. go research on defensive coverage packages if you want, you been playing madden football for a while son. When you put 8 on the box you can have the strong safety covering the side of the field and the free safety playing deep out. The linebackers will play underneath on passing downs unless the weak or sam linebacker have special duties. You make it out to be that Chambers is being played man to man on every down with two defensive backs on him, you must be smoking something good. I dont know what you mean by "safety's" cheating to his side, maybe you can use some better terminology.

I didn't contradict myself, its a fact that defenses keyed on our mediocre Quarterback and they were destined to make us run the ball and stop the run. Chambers is giving our current quarterback what he would give another quarterback, he is not consistent enough.

Nothing against chambers but I don't like it when fans make their players out to be something they aren't. Its the same thing with McMichael and its the same thing with defending Jay Fiedler. They are good players but they have a way to go to stack to the other veterans. In the past history, talent is not even the half of things but its more how you play on the Field. If everything goes well then Chris Chambers will find himself in a good position. If he doesnt play well this upcoming season and Boston Has an amazing year then guess who isn't going to get resigned? He's literally playing for his contract if anything.

I didn't make it anything of the sort. It is your bad reading comprehension that is the problem. You should also work on making sense.

The free safty's job when they are 8 in the box, is to primarily to stop the long ball. Since McMichael and Thompson are not going deep, the free safty main concern is to watch Chambers. Miami's only consistant deep threat last year. Also as you write, you make it out to be that the other team always has 8 in the box. Which of course, is not the case. When Miami is in 3rd and 8 and more, to put 8 in the box would be stupid. Teams are not stupid, they go into a nickel type of defense, somtimes a dime. Miami was in a lot of 3rd and longs last year. I think they actually lead the league in 3rd and 8 or more plays. I know they were in the top 5. Another time when defenses keyed on Chambers due to the lack of weapons Miami had for this situation.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I didn't make it anything of the sort. It is your bad reading comprehension that is the problem. You should also work on making sense.

The free safty's job when they are 8 in the box, is to primarily to stop the long ball. Since McMichael and Thompson are not going deep, the free safty main concern is to watch Chambers. Miami's only consistant deep threat last year. Also as you write, you make it out to be that the other team always has 8 in the box. Which of course, is not the case. When Miami is in 3rd and 8 and more, to put 8 in the box would be stupid. Teams are not stupid, they go into a nickel type of defense, somtimes a dime. Miami was in a lot of 3rd and longs last year. I think they actually lead the league in 3rd and 8 or more plays. I know they were in the top 5. Another time when defenses keyed on Chambers due to the lack of weapons Miami had for this situation.

Man, have you ever played football in high school? Have you even played football in college? Using terms such as "cheating on the side". :roflmao:

Putting 8 on the box while its 3rd and long isn't stupid. The bears did it a lot in the 80's, the eagles do this a lot. You are so misinformed about football that it isn't even funny. You are revolving everything around what the dolphins do so much that you don't even know what other teams use. Miami uses a lot of nickel package on third down thats true but not all the teams in the league do this.

Ya, every team keys on chambers like if he was a Terrel Owens, Good one! Why would teams key on Chambers when they can put pressure on the qb and revolve their gameplan on stopping the run? You make it out to be as if Chambers was the best receiver in the league. We had Receivers like mc Knight which ran deep routes too and he was getting double team too. Makes no difference than Chambers getting double teamed. As a matter of fact a true receiver catches the ball in traffic and makes the catches from any angle.

juniorseau55 said:
Man, have you ever played football in high school? Have you even played football in college? Using terms such as "cheating on the side". :roflmao:

Putting 8 on the box while its 3rd and long isn't stupid. The bears did it a lot in the 80's, the eagles do this a lot. You are so misinformed about football that it isn't even funny. You are revolving everything around what the dolphins do so much that you don't even know what other teams use. Miami uses a lot of nickel package on third down thats true but not all the teams in the league do this.

Ya, every team keys on chambers like if he was a Terrel Owens, Good one! Why would teams key on Chambers when they can put pressure on the qb and revolve their gameplan on stopping the run? You make it out to be as if Chambers was the best receiver in the league. We had Receivers like mc Knight which ran deep routes too.

That is different. The Bears and the Eagles played a 4-6 defense. How many teams play 4-6 defenses today? I believe 0.

Most teams go into nickel and dime formations on 3rd and longs. Miami is one of the few teams that do it on 2nd and long. Miami might use it more, however it is something most teams use.

Generally players play on zones and have sides of the field that they generally are responsible for. When a free safty is alone he can't cover side line to side line. Unless the player is god, that is impossible. So generally he cheats to one side, which generally is the side with the deep threat.

Ok, teams ignore the best wide reciever on the team if the reciever isn't as good as Terrel Owens. Is that what you are trying to say? When teams play the Redskins they don't key on L. Coles? When teams play the Ravens they don't key on Travis Taylor?

Also why would revolving your game plan on stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB, cause teams to not key on stopping chambers as well? Football isn't limited to only having two choices in a defensive scheme.

I don't make it like Chambers is the best in the league. I make it as Chambers is the best on the TEAM. When you play a TEAM, you make a game plan for the TEAM. Not the rest of the league.

Oh yea, McKnight struck fear in the hearts of opposing teams. He is so much better then Chambers.

Junc you are obviously a knowledgeable fan, but I disagree with you assertion wiith McMichael. I believe that Randy is in that class. May not be better, but he has one thing they have, and that is he can take over a game. That is he can dominate a LB or S and make that play when needed, he will make the big play and come up with a clutch catch.. He has to be given the chance, Jay constantly looked other ways than Randy. We will se if he can come out this year.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
That is different. The Bears and the Eagles played a 4-6 defense. How many teams play 4-6 defenses today? I believe 0.

Most teams go into nickel and dime formations on 3rd and longs. Miami is one of the few teams that do it on 2nd and long. Miami might use it more, however it is something most teams use.

Generally players play on zones and have sides of the field that they generally are responsible for. When a free safty is alone he can't cover side line to side line. Unless the player is god, that is impossible. So generally he cheats to one side, which generally is the side with the deep threat.

Ok, teams ignore the best wide reciever on the team if the reciever isn't as good as Terrel Owens. Is that what you are trying to say? When teams play the Redskins they don't key on L. Coles? When teams play the Ravens they don't key on Travis Taylor?

Also why would revolving your game plan on stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB, cause teams to not key on stopping chambers as well? Football isn't limited to only having two choices in a defensive scheme.

I don't make it like Chambers is the best in the league. I make it as Chambers is the best on the TEAM. When you play a TEAM, you make a game plan for the TEAM. Not the rest of the league.

Oh yea, McKnight struck fear in the hearts of opposing teams. He is so much better then Chambers.

Again, you choose to use terms such as Cheat on the side. :roflmao:
The 4-6 scheme revolves around putting as much pressure on the quarterback as they can by bring all 8 men in and leaving the Free safety cover the field back. However many teams borrow the fundamentals on the 4-6 on some instances. The eagles and the patriots use it a lot more now a days. Where has this arguement gone? Nobody was talking about defenses. You must be cheating on the side. There is no double teaming but if you refer as a linebacker or a safety underneath he isn't nessesarily covering that designated receiver , he's covering that area of the field. Unless you mean putting a nickle to play man along with the defensive back who's covering the receiver then thats another thing that I never see in this league when they play against the dolphins.

Bye for now, cheating on the side. :roflmao:

rickeyrunsover said:
Junc you are obviously a knowledgeable fan, but I disagree with you assertion wiith McMichael. I believe that Randy is in that class. May not be better, but he has one thing they have, and that is he can take over a game. That is he can dominate a LB or S and make that play when needed, he will make the big play and come up with a clutch catch.. He has to be given the chance, Jay constantly looked other ways than Randy. We will se if he can come out this year.

Again, Randy is not as great as he's posed to be and that's the harsh truth. You can't compare him to Shockey. In 6 games he had as much production as Randy did the whole season. We give our tight ends a lot of looks in this attack. There was a game whre Randy Made all the catches for an almost scoring drive which he blew up when he missed the block on Rodney. Other than Gonzalez and Shockey, Randy stacks up well against the rest of the competition. He is as good as heap in my opinion, heap is just thrown to more often because he's about their only Reliable target. Travis Taylor is a joke and Robinson didn't cut it. I think Randy Mc Michael almost made it to the pro bowl in his Rookie year and things like that are encouraging. We shall see how better he gets.

juniorseau55 said:
Again, you choose to use terms such as Cheat on the side. :roflmao:
The 4-6 scheme revolves around putting as much pressure on the quarterback as they can by bring all 8 men in and leaving the Free safety cover the field back. However many teams borrow the fundamentals on the 4-6 on some instances. The eagles and the patriots use it a lot more now a days. Where has this arguement gone? Nobody was talking about defenses. You must be cheating on the side. There is no double teaming but if you refer as a linebacker or a safety underneath he isn't nessesarily covering that designated receiver , he's covering that area of the field. Unless you mean putting a nickle to play man along with the defensive back who's covering the receiver then thats another thing that I never see in this league when they play against the dolphins.

Bye for now, cheating on the side. :roflmao:

yes it is a term i have heard highschool coaches, commentators and NFL anaylists use on multiple occasions.

I know the 4-6 formation, and zero teams use it as their base formation. In fact the two teamsyou mention are the exception to the rule of teams. Exceptions to the rule, proves the rule. Most teams bring in extra dbs on third an long.

When you are covering an area of the field, you don't "key" on certain recievers?

Maybe you should try a post where you don't need to try to insult the person you are having the conversation with. It really belittles your side and makes you look like you are using insults to cover up your lack of knowledge and point.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
yes it is a term i have heard highschool coaches, commentators and NFL anaylists use on multiple occasions.

I know the 4-6 formation, and zero teams use it as their base formation. In fact the two teamsyou mention are the exception to the rule of teams. Exceptions to the rule, proves the rule. Most teams bring in extra dbs on third an long.

When you are covering an area of the field, you don't "key" on certain recievers?

Maybe you should try a post where you don't need to try to insult the person you are having the conversation with. It really belittles your side and makes you look like you are using insults to cover up your lack of knowledge and point.
truly..

extreme lack of knowledge

Back
Top Bottom