More McMichael Overlooking.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More McMichael Overlooking....

Superself said:
Oh, and BTW, why do you think Chambers is our #1 and Boston #2??
Do you actually think that Toomer is better than Boston?? :shakeno:

Toomer has been a lot more productive than David.

I'd take Chambers over Toomer any day, easy. It's not a knock on Toomer (hes a very good WR) or me being a blind homer, I'm just saying that Chambers is an athletic freak of nature that can make the jaw-dropping catch (week 1 against houston...that was incredible) and is a very, very talented player who will continue to improve.

nyjunc said:
Show me the #s, prove me wrong. You can't do it b/c I am right.

why do numbers always have to be the be all/end all?

Fiedler can't throw a catchable ball over 20 yards. I would argue that KC has been the better QB over the years therfore increasing ATs production.

SO yes production wise give AT the nod. Age/potential/miraculous catches/physique, the nod goes to CC.

Why are you people being so ignorant? Amari Toomer has been one of the most productive receivers in the league since 1999. Chambers yet has to catch 1,000 yards.

For those of you who made the comment:

"stats mean nothing when the ball isnt' thrown your way"

You obviously haven't even played football. You don't throw a receiver that isn't open. Thus meaning that the player could have improve his route running. If the receiver isn't open or if there isn't any room to catch then guess what, that ball won't go there. Delusional fans always make up things to make their team and players better. Amari Toomer is better than any of the receivers we have in this team who have been nothing but "he has the potential to be this and that".

FiN.in.RI said:
why do numbers always have to be the be all/end all?

Fiedler can't throw a catchable ball over 20 yards. I would argue that KC has been the better QB over the years therfore increasing ATs production.

SO yes production wise give AT the nod. Age/potential/miraculous catches/physique, the nod goes to CC.

Trying to Argue that Chambers is better than Toomer? Your arguement is poor and makes no sense. Toomer has been one of the most productive receivers in the last 5 years. He's one of the best receivers in the NFC.
Nobody talks about him however but he's a great receiver. Chambers needs
to find ways of being more productive. Thats like comparing Chris Chambers with Marvin Harrison.

juniorseau55 said:
Trying to Argue that Chambers is better than Toomer? Your arguement is poor and makes no sense. Toomer has been one of the most productive receivers in the last 5 years. He's one of the best receivers in the NFC.
Nobody talks about him however but he's a great receiver. Chambers needs
to find ways of being more productive. Thats like comparing Chris Chambers with Marvin Harrison.

You can't compare Marvin Harrison to Armani Toomer. Marvin Harrison is heads over heals better then Toomer.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
You can't compare Marvin Harrison to Armani Toomer. Marvin Harrison is heads over heals better then Toomer.

Who is comparing Toomer with Harrison? They are both great receivers in my opinion. Toomer is one of the best in the nfc and so is Harrison in the afc. Going as far as saying Chambers is better than toomer is just an insult to his play. It has become apparent that most of the posters in here have seen Toomer play in one game if not even. I see a lot of talking out the butt in here and this is a prime example.

Who said Chambers is better? All I said I would rather have Chambers. I have seen Toomer play. He is a good reciever, even under rated, however I like Chambers speed and potential. I also think that Chambers would of had a much better season with KC throwing him the ball.

juniorseau55 said:
Who is comparing Toomer with Harrison? They are both great receivers in my opinion. Toomer is one of the best in the nfc and so is Harrison in the afc. Going as far as saying Chambers is better than toomer is just an insult to his play. It has become apparent that most of the posters in here have seen Toomer play in one game if not even.
I am talking out the butt in here and this is a prime example.

The only reason why I will say that Toomer is better than Chambers is because Toomer has been in the leauge for 4 more years, so he has better numbers.

If you want to compare apples and apples, Toomers first 3 seasons royally sucked(injury?) so Chambers blows him away.

Seriously though, if you multiply 2.5(years) times 47(games) it will roughly give chambers the same number of games played as toomer. Multiply 2.5(years) times 21(TDs) it gives Chambers 52 touchdowns - a little more than Amani.. Do the same with yards and chambers squeaks out toomer by a hundred or so yards.. its all hypothetical anyway, but until they play the same amount of seasons you can't accuratley compare stats b/w two similar players.

SO the conclusion, boys(term used lightly) and girls,
is to take CC because his "Age/potential/miraculous catches/physique/TDs/durability", makes him a more valuable(better) WR than TOOMER, ty.

TOOMER('96-'03) 8 Years in the NFL​

G REC YDS AVG TD​
119 418 6366 15.2 37​

CHAMBERS('01-'03) 3 Years in th NFL​

G REC YDS AVG TD​
47 164 2580 15.7 21​

FiN.in.RI said:
The only reason why I will say that Toomer is better than Chambers is because Toomer has been in the leauge for 4 more years, so he has better numbers.

If you want to compare apples and apples, Toomers first 3 seasons royally sucked(injury?) so Chambers blows him away.

Seriously though, if you multiply 2.5(years) times 47(games) it will roughly give chambers the same number of games played as toomer. Multiply 2.5(years) times 21(TDs) it gives Chambers 52 touchdowns - a little more than Amani.. Do the same with yards and chambers squeaks out toomer by a hundred or so yards.. its all hypothetical anyway, but until they play the same amount of seasons you can't accuratley compare stats b/w two similar players.

SO the conclusion, boys(term used lightly) and girls,
is to take CC because his "Age/potential/miraculous catches/physique/TDs/durability", makes him a more valuable(better) WR than TOOMER, ty.

TOOMER('96-'03) 8 Years in the NFL​

G REC YDS AVG TD​
119 418 6366 15.2 37​

CHAMBERS('01-'03) 3 Years in th NFL​

G REC YDS AVG TD​
47 164 2580 15.7 21​

You know whats the problem, you are getting hyped up about this post too much that you don't realize what's going on. The only thing you know is the stats that you are reading from the nfl and that you are too inlove with Chris Chambers. Everyone knows that Toomer is one of the best receivers in the nfc. While you are still trying to make an attempt to make Chris Chambers look good. I'm not going to bother with someone who is delusional. Amari Toomer has made many spectacular catches in his career.

What does the first 3 seasons have to do anything with an athlete who has been consistent through most of his career? Chambers has yet to do anything in this league but dissapear from games. He's plays good in some games and dissapears in others. Amari Toomer is the better receiver because he has been consistent for that period which Chambers isn't showing any consistency. Toomer spent his first seasons as a punt returner and as a third wide out so get your facts straight. Just like Ticky Barber started his career as a return man then moved up to the starting line up.

Now, you just said you cna't compare both athletes then why are you comparing them?

Physically? If anything Toomer is an explosive and fast receiver who knows how to run his routes. Chambers has started since he came in the league and as a lead receiver he isn't a go to guy. What makes a receiver isn't speed or strengh but its the ability to get open. That what made rice one of the best of all time if not the best. Chambers has had trouble getting open a lot and he needs to improve in his consistency.

Conclusion, you can't compare a player who has had consistency and a lot of production in 5 years as a starter than a player who is going to his 4th season and has yet to have back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Your multiplications and pathetic attemps to come up with somethign to defend your arguement are useless. I love Chris Chambers but no, I can't compare him with Amari Toomer or can Compare Boston to him. For once David Boston has underachieved and Chambers needs to keep improving to reach a level of consistency. I dont' care to see those catches that he makes, I care to see how he plays when the game is on the line and we need him. Big plays are for the highlight reels, consistency builds outstanding athletes at their position.

I like McMichael and think he is a talented TE but he is definitly a fan darling of this team. He talked the talk all week leading up to that second New England game and in the game he certainly did not walk the walk. He did not have a single catch against old man Rodney Harrison and to make matters worse missed the blitz pickup, on Harrison, which cost Miami the game.

juniorseau55 said:
You know whats the problem, you are getting hyped up about this post too much that you don't realize what's going on. The only thing you know is the stats that you are reading from the nfl and that you are too inlove with Chris Chambers. Everyone knows that Toomer is one of the best receivers in the nfc. While you are still trying to make an attempt to make Chris Chambers look good. I'm not going to bother with someone who is delusional. Amari Toomer has made many spectacular catches in his career.

What does the first 3 seasons have to do anything with an athlete who has been consistent through most of his career? Chambers has yet to do anything in this league but dissapear from games. He's plays good in some games and dissapears in others. Amari Toomer is the better receiver because he has been consistent for that period which Chambers isn't showing any consistency. Toomer spent his first seasons as a punt returner and as a third wide out so get your facts straight. Just like Ticky Barber started his career as a return man then moved up to the starting line up.

Now, you just said you cna't compare both athletes then why are you comparing them?

Physically? If anything Toomer is an explosive and fast receiver who knows how to run his routes. Chambers has started since he came in the league and as a lead receiver he isn't a go to guy. What makes a receiver isn't speed or strengh but its the ability to get open. That what made rice one of the best of all time if not the best. Chambers has had trouble getting open a lot and he needs to improve in his consistency.

Conclusion, you can't compare a player who has had consistency and a lot of production in 5 years as a starter than a player who is going to his 4th season and has yet to have back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Your multiplications and pathetic attemps to come up with somethign to defend your arguement are useless. I love Chris Chambers but no, I can't compare him with Amari Toomer or can Compare Boston to him. For once David Boston has underachieved and Chambers needs to keep improving to reach a level of consistency. I dont' care to see those catches that he makes, I care to see how he plays when the game is on the line and we need him. Big plays are for the highlight reels, consistency builds outstanding athletes at their position.

yea and id still take Chambers in a heartbeat over Toomer...no one will ever convince me to take AMANI TOOMER OVER CHRIS CHAMBERS

I knew you wouldnt understand the math involved(multiplyng is so complicated), but like i said before its all hypothetical and you cant compare two recievers stats accuratly unless they have played a similar number of games. YEA TOOMER has had a consistint 4 year span of 1000 yard seasons BUT i would still take Chambers in a heartbeat based on his "Age/potential/miraculous catches/physique/TDs/durability",

game over.

juniorseau55 said:
You know whats the problem, you are getting hyped up about this post too much that you don't realize what's going on.

Funny I was going to say the same about you.

Randy is just as talented as shockey, he hasnt had the opportunity to get the numbers shockey has b/c we give the ball to ricky so much. Skockey is overrated, thanks to the NY hype machine. Shockey is not faster than mcmicheal, randy has better hands and he is more athletic than jeremy. Shockey gets to thrive in a pass happy offense and yall go ahead and compare numbers as if mcmicheal gets the same number of chances to make plays. Defenses doubled chambers and mcmicheal all day b/c we didnt have a legit number 2 receiver make the D respect them, Derrius (butterfingers) Thompson, unlike NY who had hilliard. Now that we have boston, everything will change. Defenses will be forced to pick their poison with miami. Mcmicheal will thrive this year, esp with a former tight ends coach as O coordinator, on top of the addition of boston, and an upgraded o line to give our qb a CHANCE to make something happen. Chambers is hands down better than toomer. As i said before Chambers get doubled all day, Chambers can get open when he isnt doubled all daywhereas toomer gets to work against man coverage b/c shockey gets doubled. So basically it isnt fair to compare apples and oranges, there are many factors which contribute to toomers stats. Stats dont tell the whole story.

FiN.in.RI said:
yea and id still take Chambers in a heartbeat over Toomer...no one will ever convince me to take AMANI TOOMER OVER CHRIS CHAMBERS

I knew you wouldnt understand the math involved(multiplyng is so complicated), but like i said before its all hypothetical and you cant compare two recievers stats accuratly unless they have played a similar number of games. YEA TOOMER has had a consistint 4 year span of 1000 yard seasons BUT i would still take Chambers in a heartbeat based on his "Age/potential/miraculous catches/physique/TDs/durability",

game over.

Age potential, you seem to overexert yourself by using words such as miraculous because I don't remember chambers flying across the field jumping through defenders. Physique, Durability blah you are boring me. Last time I heard we have an employed wide receiver that has fit in that category and hasn't done crap in the nfl but for one season. Since you have no further arguement other than coming out with homosexual multiplications that can be solved by a child, I say that you have no arguement. Just building your comments out of your preference instead of basing them by core facts. Last time I heard, a player keeps his spot because of what he has done in the present not the past, ask kurt warner.

Bottomline is , chambers has yet to hit a 1,000 yard season and Toomer has build himself back to back 1,000 yard seasons for the 4th straight season. The potential is big on chambers but I don't care, I want someone who is reliable on the get go.

Back
Top Bottom