More McMichael Overlooking.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More McMichael Overlooking....

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I have to disagree. Maybe 5 years ago with the knowledge that Toomer is going to have 4 good seasons, then maybe GMs would take Toomer over Chambers. However right now, and how things stand now, I don't see one GM taking Toomer over Chambers. Why would you take a WR on the downside of his career over a WR who is going to get better and better?

That I would agree w/. Toomer is older and at this stage of his career compared w/ this stage of CCs career then you'd take CC first BUT my thoughts on taking toomer first were w/ all things being equal and both players in their primes- if that's the case I take Toomer.

nyjunc said:
We can agree to disagree on this subject but yuo ignored my post about Santana Moss. He was better than Chambers last year, I don't believe that makes him a better player but in your toomer comparisons that is how you guys seems to feel- that 1 better year(slightly) makes you better.

I think your arguement is too dependant on stats.

nyjunc said:
We can agree to disagree on this subject but yuo ignored my post about Santana Moss. He was better than Chambers last year, I don't believe that makes him a better player but in your toomer comparisons that is how you guys seems to feel- that 1 better year(slightly) makes you better.

Santana Moss is really good IMO. Tell you the truth, right now I'd take him over Toomer too. Like I've said, I've seen too much of Toomer (and a lot of Moss for that matter) to know that he is too much of a hot and cold reciever and it seems to me that his cold streaks are getting longer.

Because of Chamber's athleticisim, I'd have to pick him ahead of S.Moss.

nyjunc said:
That I would agree w/. Toomer is older and at this stage of his career compared w/ this stage of CCs career then you'd take CC first BUT my thoughts on taking toomer first were w/ all things being equal and both players in their primes- if that's the case I take Toomer.

The only reason I see taking toomer is you know where is prime is. Hopefully, CC hasn't reached his prime. I think he is going to improve, however it isn't definate yet. Not saying Toomer is bad or anything. If I was a GM and I had to choose between Toomer or CC, I wouldn't feel like I lost with either choice.

LIQUID24 said:
Hey junc, do you think Toomer is better than Santana too? Just curious.

At this point yes I he is. Santana was better last year but he has to be more consistent to catch Amani.

The only reason I see taking toomer is you know where is prime is. Hopefully, CC hasn't reached his prime. I think he is going to improve, however it isn't definate yet. Not saying Toomer is bad or anything. If I was a GM and I had to choose between Toomer or CC, I wouldn't feel like I lost with either choice.

I agree w/ this(especially the last sentence) and much like w/ santana CC has to become more consistent to catch up to Toomer.

I think your arguement is too dependant on stats.

You missed my point.

Oh, and BTW, why do you think Chambers is our #1 and Boston #2??
Do you actually think that Toomer is better than Boston?? :shakeno:

Superself said:
Oh, and BTW, why do you think Chambers is our #1 and Boston #2??
Do you actually think that Toomer is better than Boston?? :shakeno:

If Boston plays like he is capable then he will not be your #2, he will be your #1 but Boston has some issues. IF Boston plays like he is capable he is definitely better than Toomer but that's a big if.

I think S. Moss and Chambers are very comparable and neither has reached their prime yet, which is why I would take both of them over Toomer. That's not a knock against Toomer.

LIQUID24 said:
I think S. Moss and Chambers are very comporable and neither has reached their prime yet, which is why I would take both of them over Toomer. That's not a knock against Toomer.

I agree at this point b/c toomer is much older.

Boys if your going to argue stats at least get yourselves into Stat's Inc. site.

These stats mean nothing without adding in the number of passes made their way & dropped passes. Not to mention factoring in the systems these players run in. We won't really know about McMicheal until they throw to him more then 2-5 times a game cause they are to busy giving the ball to Ricky.

man.....they must have the really good "hooch" in New Yawk.....

Toomer is BETTER than Chambers???????? :roflmao: :roflmao: :lol: :l

What's next...Tiki is better than Ricky? :roflmao:

dcm said:

It would be crazy to think anyone could ever be better than the great Chris Chambers :rolleyes: How could I ever compare anyone to him! :eek:

nyjunc said:
The that would make him less valuable than the other players, right? So if he's not being used as much as the other guys he's not producing as much as them. On pure talent he might be on their level but not production wise.

Here's another comparison- Shockey isn't the main receiving threat on his team either, the Giants have Amani Toomer(who by the way is better than Chambers) and ike Hilliard(who is a good 32) yet Shockey put up outstanding #s as a rook and was on pace for better #s in his 2nd season before injury. Also, in 7 less games Shockey's #s were nearly indentical to randy's.

I was gonna point that out. Randy Mc Michael doens't belong in this conversation at all. His blocking needs a lot more work and he needs to stop dropping passes when we need him. Shockey spent a couple of games blocking in his rookie year until 5 games after which Fassel took over the playcalling he began having a lot of receiving production. He's stronger than Mc Michael, faster, blocks better and is just a better athlete. Mc Michael is good but he has a way to go and has to worry about his own career.

dcm said:

Toomer is one of the best receivers in the league. Tiki Barber is a top back in the league which can receive and run the ball and i believe he's been top 5 in overall yardage in the past 3 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom