Mort Thinks Fiedler Keeps Starting Job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort Thinks Fiedler Keeps Starting Job

NLude33

Section 415, Row 17
Reaction score
This was asked and responded to on ESPN chat with Chris Mortenson.

Displaced Eagles Fan (NY, NY): Two Birds related questions: Are the Eagles seriously thinking about bringing Trotter back into the mix? He's not Ray Lewis or anything, but I nor many bird fans are really sold on their LB core. Do you think Feeley will come out on top in Miami? I think he showed flashes of being a big timer in Philly.

espn-1.gif
Chris Mortensen: (11:36 AM ET ) I'm not sure what level of interest the Eagles have yet, but I do know that Trotter is very interested in going bavck to Philly. He's not a great player, but he is solid and he's still young. The Eagles love the speed that Mark Simoneau gives them at that MLB spot, but Trotter might give them more bulk. I'm thinking Fiedler will keep the job in Miami. Feeley is improving as he gets comfortable witht he system and because the Dolphins invested a 2nd rounder in him, he may get the benefit of doubt. But if he had potential as a big-timer, why was he still third string when the Eagles played Carolina? Koy Detmer isn't that dynamic.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5467

NLude33 said:
This was asked and responded to on ESPN chat with Chris Mortenson.

Displaced Eagles Fan (NY, NY): Two Birds related questions: Are the Eagles seriously thinking about bringing Trotter back into the mix? He's not Ray Lewis or anything, but I nor many bird fans are really sold on their LB core. Do you think Feeley will come out on top in Miami? I think he showed flashes of being a big timer in Philly.

espn-1.gif
Chris Mortensen: (11:36 AM ET ) I'm not sure what level of interest the Eagles have yet, but I do know that Trotter is very interested in going bavck to Philly. He's not a great player, but he is solid and he's still young. The Eagles love the speed that Mark Simoneau gives them at that MLB spot, but Trotter might give them more bulk. I'm thinking Fiedler will keep the job in Miami. Feeley is improving as he gets comfortable witht he system and because the Dolphins invested a 2nd rounder in him, he may get the benefit of doubt. But if he had potential as a big-timer, why was he still third string when the Eagles played Carolina? Koy Detmer isn't that dynamic.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5467

These talking heads should be called out when they are wrong. When Feeley wins the job, nobody will call out Mort. Everybody will have forgotten his prediction.

phinman1 said:
These talking heads should be called out when they are wrong. When Feeley wins the job, nobody will call out Mort. Everybody will have forgotten his prediction.
I agree, but Mort is usually right with stuff regarding information anyway. This is more of a prediction, but he says that we may throw him in even if he's not 100% ready. I hope he is wrong.

Mort's talking from his backside (Im being nice) Still way to early, alot of time left for Feeley to show his stuff one way or another. He just has to keep getting more comfortable with the offense, and I think the decision could go deep into the pre-season myself.

I like it, I hope everyone keeps selling Feeley short. He will throw more TD passes in his first year as starter than Fiedler has thrown in his best year. I hope everyone keeps writting off this team, especially once they start winning.

midwest_phinfan said:
I like it, I hope everyone keeps selling Feeley short. He will throw more TD passes in his first year as starter than Fiedler has thrown in his best year. I hope everyone keeps writting off this team, especially once they start winning.

:eek:
BOLD Prediction.

Mort's comment sounds quite uneducated. He s/comment on what he knows about Feeley not about why he was a 3rd stringer. It w/b like saying "how could the Rams put in Kurt Warner for Trent Green when he was not even in the NFL last year"

Let's review: In the past few years, we've had a 2nd stringer (Lucas) and a previous starter (Griese) as an option to Fiedler. Both years, some fans thought they should start. Both had ample opportunity to prove themselves when Jay was injured. Neither shined, to say the least. I just don't understand why anyone believes that now a third stringer (behind Koy Detmer) is going to succeed. Do you think Andy Reid can't evaluate QB talent?

Jay is by no means a top level QB and I'd love to see an upgrade, but I'm not counting on Feeley being it! Also, give credit where it's due: like it or not, Jay has consistently been the best QB on this team. Again, not great, but how would the "greats" have done last year behind that line, with the receiving options we had, and Ricky having no running room?!

The upgrade at the QB position will come from the upgrade from the line and receiving corps. Unknown wha that upgrade is yet.

LIQUID24 said:
I like Mort, but he flip-flops more than any reporter I've seen. This means nothing to me.
Yeah, I agree. Mort has lost much of his credibility over the past couple of years. Guys like Clayton and Pasquarelli are more useful for inside info anymore.

islandah said:
The upgrade at the QB position will come from the upgrade from the line and receiving corps.
i love what this guy said...we all know that Jay hasnt been playing well and isnt a starter. BUT if he gets the nod at the begining of the season I feel he will play signifcantly better because we have another threat at the Wr that people can remotely fear. AND because of a revamped line. If AJ comes in and tears it up I'm happy and he will prove anybody wrong, but I honestly think if Jay steps back in he will play better and have a significantly better year than his previous four. (BELIEVE ME I AM NO FIEDLIER SUPPORTER)

Back
Top Bottom