Mort Thinks Fiedler Keeps Starting Job | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort Thinks Fiedler Keeps Starting Job

BLITZKRIEG said:
Hey, at least we have a showing....We're always in the division race. :D

The Bills are usually out of the playoff race by mid-season... :lol: :lol:

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

I'll give you that.... Always in the division race until December. :)

ScottLawrence said:
I'll give you that.... Always in the division race until December. :)

Enough.... if you want to stay on topic ... fine, you're welcome in the main forum...

If you want to make it "smack"...proceed quickly to the Depths forum and stay there....

Otherwise, you won't be welcome at all...

WharfRat said:
Enough.... if you want to stay on topic ... fine, you're welcome in the main forum...

If you want to make it "smack"...proceed quickly to the Depths forum and stay there....

Otherwise, you won't be welcome at all...
Wow Wharf, twice in one thread....keep preaching :D

finfan54 said:
I actually think JF will start the first four games or so.......then the world will be totally surprised. :cooldude:

What do you mean by surprise?

JF's team record since 2000 over the 1st 6 games of the season has been 18-6 (.75%). What is he going to do, win the 1st 4? That is no surprise :shakeno:

Now his team record since 2000 over the last 4 games of the season is 8-8. A surprise would be seeing the team win all 4 games or at leat 3 out of 4 in December... :)

IMO it has never been what JF and this team can do in the early part of the season, but it's the later part that puts the team in a tail spin... :yell:

Disnardo said:

JF's team record since 2000 over the 1st 6 games of the season has been 18-6 (.75%). What is he going to do, win the 1st 4? That is no surprise :shakeno:
By "surprise" I think he meant that after week 4 they will put AJ in and somehow "surprise" or "fool" other teams with AJ...:roflmao: :roflmao:

ScottLawrence said:
Yep... Just like CNNSI, and ESPN who pick Miami to win the AFC East every year. :roflmao:

And just about every year we are in that race with the last few games.

thats exactly what i said about aj when we picked him up how in the world could this great qb be backing up skinny *** koy detmer yeh he is the holder for the field goals whatever dudes? but god bless him if he comes out and proves me wrong ill eat my words with a bar of soap :cry:

I agree...

dolphan39 said:
Mort's comment sounds quite uneducated. He s/comment on what he knows about Feeley not about why he was a 3rd stringer. It w/b like saying "how could the Rams put in Kurt Warner for Trent Green when he was not even in the NFL last year"

The reason Fiedler will start has nothing to do with Feeley's nominal third string slot with the Eagles behind an all pro and the place kick holder...

Fiedler is simply proving to be the better QB right now. Hell, he may also be the better OC if the reports that Jay knows the system better than the current offensive staff are true!

Maybe they should allow Fiedler to audible and see what would happen...

islandah said:
Let's review: In the past few years, we've had a 2nd stringer (Lucas) and a previous starter (Griese) as an option to Fiedler. Both years, some fans thought they should start. Both had ample opportunity to prove themselves when Jay was injured. Neither shined, to say the least. I just don't understand why anyone believes that now a third stringer (behind Koy Detmer) is going to succeed. Do you think Andy Reid can't evaluate QB talent?

Jay is by no means a top level QB and I'd love to see an upgrade, but I'm not counting on Feeley being it! Also, give credit where it's due: like it or not, Jay has consistently been the best QB on this team. Again, not great, but how would the "greats" have done last year behind that line, with the receiving options we had, and Ricky having no running room?!

The upgrade at the QB position will come from the upgrade from the line and receiving corps. Unknown wha that upgrade is yet.

Nice first post buddy welcome to the truth! Personally I think Mort is a piece of dogsh!t. He only knows what "inside" information his informants give him. He's no boomer. I hope Feely ends up showing the world something. And if not the QB position at least won't be any worse than last year.

As far as the "you rooted for Griese last year" let's understand that first off we didn't even get Griese until after June 1st and he had to play catch-up learning Norv's offense. He had consistently sucked in Denver and we picked him up for a one year deal. We knew he sucked but we had seen some flashes before the suckage had begun with him. Feely has played awesome when given the chance. Maybe Koy Detmer has a picture of Andy Reid humping the back fat of his siberian wolfhound who knows? We'll see in training camp my friends. Oh we'll see.

Ive said this b4 in a previous thread, but ill write it again. Im 90% sure(just throwin out a figure) A.J. will start week 1. Does anyone remember when Fiedler came in 4 years ago? Almost all fans/media wanted Huard to start. Fiedler got hurt and only played the last pre-season game, and he didnt leave a good taste in fans mouths, he threw 3 (i believe) pics while Huard had a solid offseason. In the end of course jay got the nod. Now with A.J. we paid more for him, more ppl support him, and most importantly hes preforming pretty well, and hes preforming amazing compared to Jay when he came in....just my take on the sit.

Disnardo said:

Now his team record since 2000 over the last 4 games of the season is 8-8. A surprise would be seeing the team win all 4 games or at leat 3 out of 4 in December... :)

IMO it has never been what JF and this team can do in the early part of the season, but it's the later part that puts the team in a tail spin... :yell:

JF (jugf@cker?) anyways JF didn't win a majority of those games asx most qb's would be asked to. He threw poorly in most of the games I watched. If your gonna try to tell me you don't take a deep breath whenever he throws a deep pass (hoping agaisnt an INT) you are lying. I still think he was trying to get Chambers turned into a parapalegic in that Denver game two years ago. Oh too bad Jay you broke your thumb in Denver. The broken thumb thing really seemed to slow Favre down in Green Bay. Did'nt he just have 757th career start? What BS! :goof:

FinFan24 said:
Ive said this b4 in a previous thread, but ill write it again. Im 90% sure(just throwin out a figure) A.J. will start week 1. Does anyone remember when Fiedler came in 4 years ago? Almost all fans/media wanted Huard to start. Fiedler got hurt and only played the last pre-season game, and he didnt leave a good taste in fans mouths, he threw 3 (i believe) pics while Huard had a solid offseason. In the end of course jay got the nod. Now with A.J. we paid more for him, more ppl support him, and most importantly hes preforming pretty well, and hes preforming amazing compared to Jay when he came in....just my take on the sit.

Keep thinking that.

RICKYSABEAST said:
JF (jugf@cker?) anyways JF didn't win a majority of those games asx most qb's would be asked to. He threw poorly in most of the games I watched. If your gonna try to tell me you don't take a deep breath whenever he throws a deep pass (hoping agaisnt an INT) you are lying. I still think he was trying to get Chambers turned into a parapalegic in that Denver game two years ago. Oh too bad Jay you broke your thumb in Denver. The broken thumb thing really seemed to slow Favre down in Green Bay. Did'nt he just have 757th career start? What BS! :goof:

:shakeno:

There nothing that can change your Bias opinions even if you're presented with Facts.

PhinSoldia said:
i love what this guy said...we all know that Jay hasnt been playing well and isnt a starter. BUT if he gets the nod at the begining of the season I feel he will play signifcantly better because we have another threat at the Wr that people can remotely fear. AND because of a revamped line. If AJ comes in and tears it up I'm happy and he will prove anybody wrong, but I honestly think if Jay steps back in he will play better and have a significantly better year than his previous four. (BELIEVE ME I AM NO FIEDLIER SUPPORTER)
I agree with you. If Jay starts this year, it will be his best performance since he's been with Dolphins barring a serious injury. I don't think he'll light the league on fire but he's put up avg. numbers in the past with less talent on O. This years O can be Miami's best since Jay's been here. He's never had a #2 WR that can draw double teams and take a short pass and turn it into a big gain. Boston's ability to do that will help Fiedler's numbers tremendously. If our Oline jels and our running game gets back into shape, I can definitely see Jay putting up much better numbers this year.

Back
Top Bottom