Most overated---Just an opinion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most overated---Just an opinion

WiGGy said:
In your opinion he's overated plain and simple. I'm not about to try to change a Dolphins fans mind. If Brady goes on two win another in the next 2 seasons you will still be bitter and claim him overated. That is sad and also bitterness.

Actually I think Brady could win 10 more superbowls in a row and I would still think he is over rated.

You need more then one player to win a superbowl.

Also Zach is a good player, however he is very overrated

I understand what you're saying about no help on the other side, but let's compare Chambers to Jimmy Smith over the past two years. Smith has arguably had less help, but he broke 1000 two years ago and would have broken 1000 last year if he hadn't been suspended those 4 games and had kept up the same pace. I have high hopes for #84, but I think my fellow fans do overrate him a bit based on what he has proven so far.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Madison last year? Try Marion.

I don't have a right to reply on the Chambers thing, because of my name(that's what some idiots here said last offseason). Chambers being overrated is funny as hell.

Give Randy Moss...Jay Fiedler, our 2003 offensive line, & Thompson as his #2 WR. I guarantee you his numbers drop significantly.

Seau is now the most overrated player. I laugh when I see so many people with Seau jerseys.

Well Said.

I don't think Chambers is overrated because I don't think people really rate him that high. He is a good reciever who needs to learn how to come back for the ball. Especially with Fiedler as his quarterback.

I think that what makes this so controversial is that we all have different experiences that shape who we think is overrated. I don't see people in Seau jerseys. In fact, I only see RW jerseys up here for whatever reason. I also don't know anybody who has been that hyped up for Brock Marion. I do know several people who thought that Sam Madison was going to be huge last year. As far as Chambers goes, I'm basing that pick mostly on people on this board. You guys love Chambers even more than I do, so that leads me to the overrated conclusion.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I don't think Chambers is overrated because I don't think people really rate him that high. .

Actually, there was a thread on KFFL about top 10 WR's...& most people had Chambers on their list from 6-10.

I had Chambers #10. ;)

LoXiN said:
Personally Im surprised no Jill has offered their opinion. If they exsist in the offseason. Maybe they crawl back into the hole they came from.
who would want to offer an opinion when you have stupid posts like that as a possible reply. DUH!

Jimmy James said:
I think that the public at large would put Brady ahead of many Hall of Fame-calibur QBs who performed at a level above the level Brady has performed at. That is the very essence of being overrated. What you're suggesting with this Super Bowl BS is akin to suggesting that Orlando Hernandez is a better pitcher than Greg Maddux because he has more rings.

Or that Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino :roflmao:

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Seau is now the most overrated player. I laugh when I see so many people with Seau jerseys.
Do you laugh when people wear Marino jersey's?

Seau is only overrated by those who thought he was still a top player just because he was going to be a fin.

Jimmy James said:
I think that what makes this so controversial is that we all have different experiences that shape who we think is overrated. I don't see people in Seau jerseys. In fact, I only see RW jerseys up here for whatever reason. I also don't know anybody who has been that hyped up for Brock Marion. I do know several people who thought that Sam Madison was going to be huge last year. As far as Chambers goes, I'm basing that pick mostly on people on this board. You guys love Chambers even more than I do, so that leads me to the overrated conclusion.

To be honest, I like Chambers more for his potential & skill than his production. Chambers hasn't been "all-world" as far as production goes yet, but he certainly has the ability to do so. I look at Chris as an UNDERRATED player, because of the numbers(64-964-11 ain't bad) he has put up with an average at best QB, terrible compliment receiver, & a bad offensive line. All you have to do is watch the tapes of every game. I lost count on how many times he killed his man deep(we're talking Antoine Winfield, Chris McAlister TWICE, & guys like that), & got over/underthrown.

I would love to see what he would do on a team with a good QB, decent OL, & a decent compliment receiver. Hopefully, this year we'll see that with the Dolphins.

Justasportsfan said:
Do you laugh when people wear Marino jersey's?

Why would I? Oh, because Jim Kelly was better, right?

ChambersOwnz84 said:
As for QB, I'd have to go with McNabb.

I dont know about that one... i still think he is underappreciated... he took his team to 3 straight nfc championships with those whack a*ss Receivers... cmon!

I think a good argument could be made that the most overrated Dolphin from an average NFL fan's perspective is Olindo Mare. I think there is a perception that he is on the top tier, but he has slipped to the second tier of kickers if you ask me.

I would really prefer to think about who the most underrated Dolphin is. I would say that Fiedler is underrated simply because of all the hatred he gets, but I have to think somebody else deserves the title as most underrated. Any thoughts?

How about this
Most overated QB-Bledsoe
Most overated RB-Eddie George
Most overated WR-MESHAWN
Most overated DL- Sapp
Most Wasted Talent- (due to injury) Bo Jackson

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Why would I? Oh, because Jim Kelly was better, right?
you don't get it, people wear Seau jersey's because he was once the best at the position he played in and what he's done for the game just like Marino.

If you laugh at those who wear Seau jersey's because he's washed up or overrated all the more you should laugh at those who wear Marino jersey's because he's retired. Get it? Nothing to do w/ Kelly.

Back
Top Bottom