Mr. Ross, It Is Not Too Late. Fire That Head Coach!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr. Ross, It Is Not Too Late. Fire That Head Coach!!!

He knows about as much about the team/locker room as he did about game planing the last two games of the season!!

Ross is in damned if he does, damned if he doesn't scenario.

Which would've been eliminated if he simply cleaned house hen he fired Ireland.

Ireland is the least of the issues in this report.

Phibin was in charge of the locker room, he brought in the coaching staff and all of this **** was happening under his eyes.
When does the guy on top take responsibility for what happens while he's in charge, do you need the NFL to suspend Philbin or do you deal with it yourself.

Ask any player and they will tell you the players are in charge of the locker room not any coach but keep convincing yourself Philbin is to blame.

Why would the nfl suspend Philbin?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is what I said I the VIP forum.

I bet if you ask players that have played for some of the great head coaches, you will find that the players did things that their head coaches never found out about. I would like to think that a head coach knows every aspect of what's going on in their team but realistically that probably isn't the case. The thing is they are in charge of a lot of people. So that means they need help keeping an eye on things. When their hired help fails to inform or enforce their rules then things are going to happen that shouldn't happen.

If you put it in a every day work place situation, a head coach is a store manager. He has assistant managers (coaches) to run things when he isn't around. The store manager relies on his is assistant managers to keep him informed and to enforce the rules he puts in place. When the assistant manager is covering up for the employees under him then the store manager thinks everything is fine because the reports from that assistant manager indicate nothing is wrong.

Again there are times Philbin should check in at spur of the moment times, but that can't always happen. He needs to surround himself with people that are willing to enforce the integrity that he wants instilled in the team.

This is well said.

That this point the team needs to heal. Philbin will not be going anywhere.
I want to see the team perform with a new oline, new OC, and new GM before I would make any more changes.
In 2-3 years, if the team has not improved to division titles. You blow it up and start over.

This is what I said I the VIP forum.

I bet if you ask players that have played for some of the great head coaches, you will find that the players did things that their head coaches never found out about. I would like to think that a head coach knows every aspect of what's going on in their team but realistically that probably isn't the case. The thing is they are in charge of a lot of people. So that means they need help keeping an eye on things. When their hired help fails to inform or enforce their rules then things are going to happen that shouldn't happen.

If you put it in a every day work place situation, a head coach is a store manager. He has assistant managers (coaches) to run things when he isn't around. The store manager relies on his is assistant managers to keep him informed and to enforce the rules he puts in place. When the assistant manager is covering up for the employees under him then the store manager thinks everything is fine because the reports from that assistant manager indicate nothing is wrong.

Again there are times Philbin should check in at spur of the moment times, but that can't always happen. He needs to surround himself with people that are willing to enforce the integrity that he wants instilled in the team.

Great post.

However, this certainly has now got to change. Philbin needs to apply more micro management due to the situation. It may not be the right move or even the needed move but its the only move.

As much as I defend Philbin in this matter, you have to employ some sort of maneuver to gauge your locker room. Hide behind chairs while players arent looking if thats what it demands (i exaggerate to clarify).

I am one of the biggest Philbin detractors around here, but it would be dumb as hell to fire him now. Ross already made his bed when he wouldn't accept Caserio's vision and tied Hickey to Philbin. Now we must all sleep on it.

Firing Philbin now would do more harm than good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am one of the biggest Philbin detractors around here, but it would be dumb as hell to fire him now. Ross already made his bed when he wouldn't accept Caserio's vision and tied Hickey to Philbin. Now we must all sleep on it.

Firing Philbin now would do more harm than good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully agree with you. Make whatever decisions are necessary with the players, fire the OL coach and move on.

It's funny because he put this whole thing into place. I mean seriously, he was masterful in putting this situation into place. Think about it, you couldn't have mixed all 4 of these guys together with a result like this if you tried. Ireland was truly a mastermind in that regard. :chuckle:

Ross is in damned if he does, damned if he doesn't scenario.

Which would've been eliminated if he simply cleaned house hen he fired Ireland.

Completely agree on the damned if he does/doesnt point. We all killed him for swinging for the fences and horribly missing on Harbaugh but no one came to his defense pointing out how at least the guy is trying to swing for the fences. Thats one mere example but it happens to the guy in every situation. I have almost gone from an on the fence perspective to all out feeling sorry for the guy and rooting for him more than he is deserving.

I do not agree that cleaning house wouldve eliminated anything that has been the result of such an atrociously embarrassing explosion. Those who are bias would damn Ross for not showing backbone and supporting his coach. The constant criticism of the man not being able to properly run an organization would not have lightened. Again, damned and damned no matter what.

Another zinger of a thread from phinking.

Keep it up, we all love your persistence.

Its always about bashing the next guy for some so-caled fans.

Phibin was in charge of the locker room, he brought in the coaching staff and all of this **** was happening under his eyes.
When does the guy on top take responsibility for what happens while he's in charge, do you need the NFL to suspend Philbin or do you deal with it yourself.

Are you saying he needed to wiretap players phones? How else can a person know what's going on when those with issues didn't tell him about it?

Ted Wells is out there trying to convince the rest of the world that Joe Failbin was unaware of what was going on in the locker room. I do not believe that and evidently former players, and GMs don't believe him either. Armando Salgero is right when he said in his article that the job is too big for this guy (Failbin). Stephen Ross missed out on an opportunity to get very good GMs primarily because they all saw what I see. And that is that Failbin in an idiot. I am sure Dickey will be a much better GM than the last guy we had here, and Ross can still right the ship by firing the HC sometime next week. It is clear Incognito, Jerry and Martin will not be back. But I will also say this; as good as Mike Pouncey is, I hope I never see him in the NFL again. If Ross doesn't clean out the garbage he still has in this organization, I hope the Miami Dolphins get sued by all three men that were harassed. Next season is a washout anyway, Get rid of Failbin now and start bringing this franchise back to relevance.

I'm still waiting for you to answer why Philbin should be fired.

Are you saying he needed to wiretap players phones? How else can a person know what's going on when those with issues didn't tell him about it?

Ill honestly concede that if I were a head coach, I would honestly and idiotically consider wiretapping rooms in spite of the possible consequences. Well not idiotically, right? If signs are placed alerting players that they are being recorded, does that make it legal? I believe it would.

Trust me. Idiots will forget from time to time that they are being recorded even if they know it. My parents house had a camera on the front door when I was in high school and I was caught skipping school and bringing a hot girl home because I was too stupid to use the back door or to remember to erase the footage.

Back
Top Bottom