Mr. Ross, It Is Not Too Late. Fire That Head Coach!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr. Ross, It Is Not Too Late. Fire That Head Coach!!!

How about we ban this guy. Everything is anti philbin and he makes up stuff to fit his narrative time and time again

How about we ban this guy. Everything is anti philbin and he makes up stuff to fit his narrative time and time again

Or just use the ignore option. Works great, I'm no longer subjected to any of Gravity's posts.

Ill honestly concede that if I were a head coach, I would honestly and idiotically consider wiretapping rooms in spite of the possible consequences. Well not idiotically, right? If signs are placed alerting players that they are being recorded, does that make it legal? I believe it would.

Trust me. Idiots will forget from time to time that they are being recorded even if they know it. My parents house had a camera on the front door when I was in high school and I was caught skipping school and bringing a hot girl home because I was too stupid to use the back door or to remember to erase the footage.

No idea. I assume tapping phones and recording players is illegal. I have no knowledge of that either way. My consensus is that a head coach will only know so much about his players when he's around them. I don't see Philbin going to a titty bar and hanging with these guys so how is he supposed to know about that sort of thing?

There are a small handful of these posters on here,

I could swear they probably wear tights or something...

They read an article, and then it's like "Presto", Magic time,

all of a sudden whatever they just read became their opinion. :read:

Ted Wells is out there trying to convince the rest of the world that Joe Failbin was unaware of what was going on in the locker room. I do not believe that and evidently former players, and GMs don't believe him either. Armando Salgero is right when he said in his article that the job is too big for this guy (Failbin). Stephen Ross missed out on an opportunity to get very good GMs primarily because they all saw what I see. And that is that Failbin in an idiot. I am sure Dickey will be a much better GM than the last guy we had here, and Ross can still right the ship by firing the HC sometime next week. It is clear Incognito, Jerry and Martin will not be back. But I will also say this; as good as Mike Pouncey is, I hope I never see him in the NFL again. If Ross doesn't clean out the garbage he still has in this organization, I hope the Miami Dolphins get sued by all three men that were harassed. Next season is a washout anyway, Get rid of Failbin now and start bringing this franchise back to relevance.

Which former players?

I think firiing him would be a positive step in putting this thing to rest. The added benefit would be we may actually be something other than mediocre next year. I know money talks but free agents wont be pounding down the door to play for deer in the headlights Philbin.

Why do you believe that free agents will not be knocking on the door? How would you expect firing Philbin to help? Philbin just hired Lazor. Lazor deserves a chance to demonstrate his skills. It is too late to fire Philbin. The organization just hired a GM that they believe is compatible with Philbin. You want to fire him. Then we need to find a coach that works well with Hickey, or we just wasted a lot of time. If you think about the organization as a whole, then some of these immediate knee jerk reaction ideas stop making sense.

Ted Wells is out there trying to convince the rest of the world that Joe Failbin was unaware of what was going on in the locker room. I do not believe that and evidently former players, and GMs don't believe him either. Armando Salgero is right when he said in his article that the job is too big for this guy (Failbin). Stephen Ross missed out on an opportunity to get very good GMs primarily because they all saw what I see. And that is that Failbin in an idiot. I am sure Dickey will be a much better GM than the last guy we had here, and Ross can still right the ship by firing the HC sometime next week. It is clear Incognito, Jerry and Martin will not be back. But I will also say this; as good as Mike Pouncey is, I hope I never see him in the NFL again. If Ross doesn't clean out the garbage he still has in this organization, I hope the Miami Dolphins get sued by all three men that were harassed. Next season is a washout anyway, Get rid of Failbin now and start bringing this franchise back to relevance.

Does your boss know every single thing that happens in your workplace? Does he kno what happen in the change room, in the meal room, on weekends when some of you and your workmates get together? Does he know about comments that you or others make about you, about others, too others, even about himself? No...Why would Philbin be any different?

Just another hate campain.

This is what I said I the VIP forum.

I bet if you ask players that have played for some of the great head coaches, you will find that the players did things that their head coaches never found out about. I would like to think that a head coach knows every aspect of what's going on in their team but realistically that probably isn't the case. The thing is they are in charge of a lot of people. So that means they need help keeping an eye on things. When their hired help fails to inform or enforce their rules then things are going to happen that shouldn't happen.

If you put it in a every day work place situation, a head coach is a store manager. He has assistant managers (coaches) to run things when he isn't around. The store manager relies on his is assistant managers to keep him informed and to enforce the rules he puts in place. When the assistant manager is covering up for the employees under him then the store manager thinks everything is fine because the reports from that assistant manager indicate nothing is wrong.

Again there are times Philbin should check in at spur of the moment times, but that can't always happen. He needs to surround himself with people that are willing to enforce the integrity that he wants instilled in the team.

Well said, but I believe it is worse for the head coach than your store manager. The store manager can fire an employee and replace him more easily than a GM replacing NFL talent. The pool of qualified applicants is small. Also, the NFLPA has negotiated contracts that limit the power of coaches. There a limits on hitting. I expect there are limits on how intrusive the team can be.

I think firiing him would be a positive step in putting this thing to rest. The added benefit would be we may actually be something other than mediocre next year. I know money talks but free agents wont be pounding down the door to play for deer in the headlights Philbin.

Firing him is only half the problem, who are you going to replace him with at this late in the game? It is much to late to fire Philbin this yr, he should be given the 3rd yr to finish what he started

Why would He (Philbin ) allow that behavior? you say many things but it has no substance. Please explain why.

Ok now if you don't believe all of the report by Wells then don't believe any of it. It was a fact finding investigation and it is what it is, deal with it, Incognito is the villain you believed that but you refuse to recognized that Phibin had no knowledge. Man you and I don't even know what's going on in our home from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom