my dream off season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my dream off season

The issue with Landry is if you pay him elite level money or you pay another slot receiver in the Cole Beasley mode 1/3 of the price are you going to see big difference on the score board or in the win column. If Landry only gives you one extra win then you pass if it's two or three games and you think that could be the difference in making the playoffs or not than you sign him. Now if I had a choice between Landry or say Sammy Watkins for less money I'm taking Watson and adding a cheaper slot.

Love everything about that draft, but have a hard time seeing Hubbard fall to round 3

All these posts about letting Landry was is just ridiculous. He's the best player on this offense. The 9 ypc average is a product of this team... and how they utilize him not his play. He's the only one with heart who seems to give it his all every game.

Getting to the Eagles a lot over the years living outside of Philly I will reach into 2 players one past, one present for my off season not including draft
Healthy RT, McMillian, Lippett Parker
UFA Jordan Matthews replaces Landry in the slot yes Matthews coming off surgery so that is a concern, but should be very affordable. Similar players in my view and ho is only 25
UFA Trey Burton is new starting TE
Cut Thomas
Cur Pouncey
Cut James
Include a FB and I formation
New DC losing the wide 9
Leave Suh's contract as is

Thats it for now

Landry is not just a typical "catch and fall" Slot. That dude lives for contact, he breaks tackles like nobodies business and he fires up our Offense consistently.

I've been hearing in the $11m-$13m range, I think you might be sensationalizing the projected contract a bit there. I'm okay with everything else even though James graded out as our best OL this season.

You say Allen Robinson was a true #1 WR. Never mind he has an ACL injury and has only played one game this year. His stats in four seasons in the league:

202 catches, 2,848 yards, 22 TDs.

Landry in four years:

400 catches, 4,038 yards, 22 TDs.

Robinson had a phenomenal year in 2015: 80 catches, 1400 yards, 14 TDs. But his other two full years combined he had 121 catches for 1431 yards and 8 TDs. 2015 looks like an aberration.

One last comment while im on my Landry tirade.What has 400 catches in 4 yrs brought the team?
Wouldnt be nice to spread the ball out to a real t.e. or now that we have one a pass catching rb,
all im saying is that money would be better spent shoring up defense or fixing oline.Not on a slot receiver OK now im done

Umm a consistent target, 227 1st downs, 22 TD's and last year good for 40.2% of his passes ending in a 1st down. Compared to deep threat Kenny Stills who had 1st down on 36.1% of his passes. Can it be possible that he had his worse year since his rookie season because he played with the worst QB of his career?

What has Cameron Wakes 92 sacks brought to the team?....should we have gotten rid of Wake long ago?

Having Wes Welker on the Pats didn't hurt Gronk....if we draft a TE he will be on a rookie deal for a couple years and wouldn't affect the salary cap too much.

Dream off season is this Patriots dysfunction has major legs, BB walks because of the bruised ego and Ross hires him. That's a ****ing dream off season.

Sounds like Gruden to the Raiders is a done deal. Hundred million over 10 years.

isn't robinson always injured? true number 1? no thanks

One last comment while im on my Landry tirade.What has 400 catches in 4 yrs brought the team?
Wouldnt be nice to spread the ball out to a real t.e. or now that we have one a pass catching rb,
all im saying is that money would be better spent shoring up defense or fixing oline.Not on a slot receiver OK now im done

That's like saying what good was Marino...we never won it all?

Silly...Landry is a football player...get a team of them and winning will follow.

Back
Top Bottom