My Opinion:Tony Sparano gave a clue to who is a top of MIA's draft board!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Opinion:Tony Sparano gave a clue to who is a top of MIA's draft board!!!

Good points, I forgot about that...Boomer should take a read at your post...he seems to be blinded by his own misinformation...

You hit the nail on head about misinformation...it happens quite frequently leading up to the draft. While I think Boomer has it right about the Dolphins first pick possibilities, he is dead wrong about the Fins courting Carmichael as a link to their like/dislike for Beck. That is beyond comprehension. I am curious as to where he gets his information/misinformation from...it can't be from within the Fins organization as he claims to have information with each regime change. By the way as a self professed draft expert he only picked two of the top 15 drafts picks correctly last year. Just stating the facts!

How many assistants are hired because they have worked with a coach?
Every coach hires assistants that they have worked with. The NFL is loaded with this relationship. Look at the coach and GM that Parcells hired, do you think thier prior relationship was a factor? If you think I'm reaching for straws please show me where this is not common practice in the NFL. Coaches take thier people onto thier staffs. I guarantee you can go through every team in the NFL and there is at least one example per team.

How many teams have hired an offensive coordinator because he worked with a guy that worked with your qb in college. A second year Qb at that.
Please cite one example of this ever happening. I guarantee that might be difficult. Qb coach maybe but offensive coordinator, I know of not one example.

Then you miss on Carmichael and hire Dan Henning who is nothing like Carmichael. Why not hire Crowton Beck's old coach who is an experienced offensive coordinator even at the NFL level or why not Robert Anae OC at BYU.

So in your mind its just as likely that Carmichael was being signed because he coached under Crowton at Louisina Tech as it was he worked with Sparano(our head coach) at Cleveland and Washington. If you were a betting man
what would you say the odds were of each scenario. You seem a logical man. I dont think your being realistic here.

By the way the guy we hired was Bill Parcells OC with the Jets.

Very good points you make! You have it right. Thanks for the background on this situation.

Some say Brohm and even Flacco are just as good if not better. The statement of "hardly anyone disputing Ryan as the best" is not right.

Actually it is, not one scout or Draft expert has any QB ranked ahead of Ryan. I didn't say one of the others might not become or have better careers then Ryan, there's a big difference. Everyone, I mean everyone has stated Flacco has a big arm and is a project. That does not mean he's better than Ryan it means the kid has potential and with hard work he may reach that potential years down the road.
You yourself may rank these differently but that's just your opinion, probably with some sort of bias I imagine. If no QB had been selected in the first round I guarantee you we would select Ryan even if BP loved Beck.

What u fail to realize was that "I" nailed the Ginn pick as well!!!!!!!
a lot of people nailed the ginn pick last year...it really was a no brainer for a lot of us. all you had to do was watch all the pressers, understand randys personality, and what the team lacked in terms of impact players and bingo... tedd ginn.

According to Dave Lewin of Football Outsiders, Ryan is 2nd round talent:

Henne was never all that accurate at Michigan, but his college pedigree and skill set are similar to Brady Quinn’s. With loads of starts against top defenses, Henne established that he can play at a pretty high level. Scouts do not miss on guys who started all four years. Henne is probably the No. 2 quarterback in the draft, behind only Brohm, and just ahead of Woodson and Ryan.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=Nfl&columnid=60&articleid=29927

Ryan blows and would be a total waste at #1. This team needs to be built from the ground up before we sell the farm on another NE puss at QB.

Take: #1 J Long (because trade down seems impossible) and James Hardy or Quentin Groves at 2a then grab Dan Connor or best available QB at 2b.

Trade out of first 3rd pick for later 3rd and 5th --- and get soem NASTY football players...

Told??? By who??? Mike Mayock? ESPN insider? Miami Herald? Please elaborate.

dear finsup

let me present to you Boomer,

i don't know much about him, but the one thing i do know is that he NEVER elaborates before draft day probably because he knows a looooooooooooooooot and doesn't want to open his mouth ... if i recall, he was the one or CKparrothead to call the possibility of drafting Ginn last year, so yeah he knows his thing

[mod]Draft related threads belong in the DRAFT forum[/mod]

Ok. I'm tired of all the hate madness going on back and forth regarding who MIA should pick #1 come draft day. It has gotten quite childish. People are outright saying anything that comes out of their arse, just to be for beck and/or against matt ryan.

Look. I'm taking it back all the way from the start to why I see Matt Ryan as the pick for MIA at #1. I didn't just fall in love with Matt Ryan and just want him to be our pick, just because I like him. No. There are reasons and signs that have led me to believe that he "should" be our pick...or that MIA is indeed considering it.

Let's start from the beginning...

MIA sucks arse in 2007. QB play was horrendous. John Beck fumbles 7 times, scores "zero" TDs in 4 starts and tops it off with a loss 0-3 where our defense played great.

Enter Bill Parcells. BP gives this disgusting look at Ron Wolf when john beck fumbles another snap due to his small hands. I just about threw up. john beck follows that fumble with several 3 and outs of which i have the game recorded commentators stating, "wow, that was a really bad pass...yeah, that was..."

finally, after the game is over and out of reach...lorenzo booker begins to take over and john beck runs it in for a TD. then, with less than a minute left of a blowout loss, john beck finally throws his "only" TD of the year. finally, its over with.

Enter Jeff Ireland. In his opening PC, JI makes the following statements: "There is a lot of work to be done between now and April's draft, and Parcells and I are continuing to evaluate the team's needs, with the quarterback position being one of the 'HIGHER' priorities".

He adds: "the quarterbacks getting ready to play in the playoffs and their importance to their respective teams is a prime example of how significant that position is. those teams that are playing right now have quarterbacks that play at a "HIGH" level".

when asked if he had a high opinion of beck? JI says, "sure, we 'HAD' a high opinion of him coming out of college, sure."

Enter Tony Sparano. (an OL coach by trade). In his initial PC he makes another telling statement when asked if because he was an OL coach, he thought that that was the main position to build your team around?

Sparano's answer was stunning: "“Make no bones about it, I feel like that is an important position, 'BUT' I look at the eight teams that just played this past weekend – and we were one of them – and they all had "QUARTERBACKS" that were OUTSTANDING. I’m "SURE" that the "QUARTERBACK" position is "THE" POSITION TO BUILD YOUR TEAM AROUND...
With that being said, when we arrived in Dallas with Coach (Bill) Parcells, one of the commitments there was, slowly but surely, to try to get the line to play the way it did this past season. That was a work in progress, but when you see the end result and what happened, you know how important the interiors are on both sides of the ball.â€

He said it, not me.

The Sparano makes these remarks on his impressions of john beck: “None right now. I have not 'WATCHED FILM'. I’ll reserve comment that way. At the end of the day, I need to sit down and 'WATCH TAPE'. For me, it’s 0-0. I need to see what’s happening on the film and watch it.

(then this part): "I’m not interested in watching all the 'GOOD' plays. I need to see what’s happening with the quarterback when he’s not winning, when he’s behind and when he’s doing all of those things.â€

So Sparano's opinion of Beck is based on what he saw on tape last season. he wasn't going to judge john beck based on his "college career" or his "hype coming out of college"....he said that he would judge it based on the "tape he would watch of this past season". is it being biased to say that beck was "AWFUL" last season? i think not.

Come Jeff Ireland at the Senior Bowl. He mentions that "DT" and "QB" are his main areas to focus on "this" offseason. They traded for J Ferguson and signed R Starks via FA to show he meant what he said of focusing on "DT". Now he signed J McCown and is waiting the draft to show he means what he said about fixing the "QB" position. His own words.

BP said earlier that MIA will have a "short" list of players on their draft board. So far they have scheduled private workout/interviews with QB Matt Ryan(one of the two positions that JI said was their two highest priorities), OT Jake Long, and DE/OLB? Chris Long.

Well, MIA pushes hard to sign calvin pace during FA. Meaning that of those "3" players, they intended on signing calvin pace which happens to play the same position that jason taylor plays and that chris long plays.
MIA showed its card. They "want" to draft a player "other" than chris long because they attempted to find a replacement for jason taylor by signing calvin pace.

they failed to do so. thus, BP has emphatically denied any JT trade rumors...and is quoted as saying: "only way JT doesn't play for MIA in 2008, is if he retires."

Chris Long was "not" on top of MIA's wishlist. His attempt at signing pace showed that they tried to "avoid" drafting chris long.
So they have shown that OT Jake Long and QB Matt Ryan are higher on their draft board than chris long.

Well, so who is it? Who is on "top" of MIA's draft board? Well, the answer is obvious.

Sparano mentioned that QB was "higher" than OL in position you build your team around in his opening PC.

Jeff Ireland mentioned at the senior bowl, that "DT" and "QB" are his highest priorities to be addressed this offseason.

Jeff Ireland mentioned being intrigued with Matt Ryan and that, and I will quote: "one of those players that we are interested in is not here at the senior bowl right now..."

So? How in the world does anyone in their right mind come up with someone having an irrational "man crush" on a player...when all these clues have led Mike Mayock and anyone who paid attention to all those hints that MIA does indeed have Matt Ryan a top their draft board?

On top of all this...experts acknowledge that OT class is "deepest in years".

On top of all this...Matt Ryan won the Manning Award, given to the nation's best QB, beating Tim Tebow. He won the Johnny Unitas Award, given to the best senior QB. He proved to be a TD machine by throwing 31 tds and leading a team in the ACC to 11 wins.

On top of all this...Jerry Jones, who is BP/JI/TS's former boss and who hired them because of the same reason that BP hired JI/TS...having a likeminded view when it comes to football...states that "the 'ONLY' player in this year's draft that is worthy to trade UP all the way to #1 for is: QB MATT RYAN of BC!"

For anyone to read this and say that believing that BP is thinking Matt Ryan at #1 is unfounded and ludicrous...is just that....unfounded and pure ludicrous!

shame on all u haters and ostriches!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ri1Kl-5YZgY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=05iR_jqoxLI

i leave u with the words by a "defensive" player, of all people, when asked:

"after all of MIA's offseason aquisitions...what should MIA do with the #1 pick?"

Rod Woodson answers on Total Access during the "state of the miami dolphin franchise": "THEY STILL NEED A FRANCHISE QB".

NUFF SAID? SWOOSH, HE SCORES!!!!!!

Well, it's no secret who you think we should draft. I think that early on during the senior bowl the FO was attempting to gauge interest in the 1st overall pick. So, they may have dropped some hints that we were interested in drafting Ryan just to see if anyone was interested in trading up, because this year unless maybe atlanta or Baltimore was possibly interested enough and enamored enough with Matt Ryan, there wasn't any other position that anyone was likely to trade up for. They found out that there weren't any takers, and they moved on. They barely sent anyone to his pro day, they haven't invited him to Miami, and it is extremely unlikely that they will draft him. Having said that, it is likely that they will draft a prospect like Brohm, Henne, and or Flaco if they are available in rounds 2 or 3, and if not, a developmental prospect in the middle rounds. Everyone gets so focused on the first round pick, especially when it's first overall, but there are many other picks and opportunities to get good players at all positions in rounds 2 and 3. And lastly, Mayock who you were quoting now has Miami not taking Matt Ryan because he realizes it's not going to happen.

If no one is going to trade up, then the only reason for a smoke screen is for conract negotiations with other number one candidates, but the contract for a number one QB is too high, and Nothing the Dolphins FO has done has indicated that they think Matt Ryan is worth it.

i dont see us wasting such a high pick on a qb when he cant even help us for 2 years. if last years 2nd round qb didnt work wat makes u think one this year will. mccown is better than any 2nd round qb with mabey the exception of brohm, but the diffence is very minimal, IMO. a 1-15 team has a lot more than 2 needs which is where some of u want us to take flacco, a guy who will take at least 2 seasons to learn the pace of the game. we need a T, G, INL, CB, and you can even make the case of a TE, and those arent even upgrades as much as picks to play right away. i cant justify wastin, which is exactly what it will be, a pick on a qb when we have such a plethora of needs. beck will not hider the play of our team, as wont mccown. at the very least they will be solid qb's leading ( barring a terrible draft) a solid rebuilding team.

[mod]Draft related threads belong in the DRAFT forum[/mod]

Ok. I'm tired of all the hate madness going on back and forth regarding who MIA should pick #1 come draft day. It has gotten quite childish. People are outright saying anything that comes out of their arse, just to be for beck and/or against matt ryan.

Look. I'm taking it back all the way from the start to why I see Matt Ryan as the pick for MIA at #1. I didn't just fall in love with Matt Ryan and just want him to be our pick, just because I like him. No. There are reasons and signs that have led me to believe that he "should" be our pick...or that MIA is indeed considering it.

Let's start from the beginning...

MIA sucks arse in 2007. QB play was horrendous. John Beck fumbles 7 times, scores "zero" TDs in 4 starts and tops it off with a loss 0-3 where our defense played great.

Enter Bill Parcells. BP gives this disgusting look at Ron Wolf when john beck fumbles another snap due to his small hands. I just about threw up. john beck follows that fumble with several 3 and outs of which i have the game recorded commentators stating, "wow, that was a really bad pass...yeah, that was..."

finally, after the game is over and out of reach...lorenzo booker begins to take over and john beck runs it in for a TD. then, with less than a minute left of a blowout loss, john beck finally throws his "only" TD of the year. finally, its over with.

Enter Jeff Ireland. In his opening PC, JI makes the following statements: "There is a lot of work to be done between now and April's draft, and Parcells and I are continuing to evaluate the team's needs, with the quarterback position being one of the 'HIGHER' priorities".

He adds: "the quarterbacks getting ready to play in the playoffs and their importance to their respective teams is a prime example of how significant that position is. those teams that are playing right now have quarterbacks that play at a "HIGH" level".

when asked if he had a high opinion of beck? JI says, "sure, we 'HAD' a high opinion of him coming out of college, sure."

Enter Tony Sparano. (an OL coach by trade). In his initial PC he makes another telling statement when asked if because he was an OL coach, he thought that that was the main position to build your team around?

Sparano's answer was stunning: "“Make no bones about it, I feel like that is an important position, 'BUT' I look at the eight teams that just played this past weekend – and we were one of them – and they all had "QUARTERBACKS" that were OUTSTANDING. I’m "SURE" that the "QUARTERBACK" position is "THE" POSITION TO BUILD YOUR TEAM AROUND...
With that being said, when we arrived in Dallas with Coach (Bill) Parcells, one of the commitments there was, slowly but surely, to try to get the line to play the way it did this past season. That was a work in progress, but when you see the end result and what happened, you know how important the interiors are on both sides of the ball.â€

He said it, not me.

The Sparano makes these remarks on his impressions of john beck: “None right now. I have not 'WATCHED FILM'. I’ll reserve comment that way. At the end of the day, I need to sit down and 'WATCH TAPE'. For me, it’s 0-0. I need to see what’s happening on the film and watch it.

(then this part): "I’m not interested in watching all the 'GOOD' plays. I need to see what’s happening with the quarterback when he’s not winning, when he’s behind and when he’s doing all of those things.â€

So Sparano's opinion of Beck is based on what he saw on tape last season. he wasn't going to judge john beck based on his "college career" or his "hype coming out of college"....he said that he would judge it based on the "tape he would watch of this past season". is it being biased to say that beck was "AWFUL" last season? i think not.

Come Jeff Ireland at the Senior Bowl. He mentions that "DT" and "QB" are his main areas to focus on "this" offseason. They traded for J Ferguson and signed R Starks via FA to show he meant what he said of focusing on "DT". Now he signed J McCown and is waiting the draft to show he means what he said about fixing the "QB" position. His own words.

BP said earlier that MIA will have a "short" list of players on their draft board. So far they have scheduled private workout/interviews with QB Matt Ryan(one of the two positions that JI said was their two highest priorities), OT Jake Long, and DE/OLB? Chris Long.

Well, MIA pushes hard to sign calvin pace during FA. Meaning that of those "3" players, they intended on signing calvin pace which happens to play the same position that jason taylor plays and that chris long plays.
MIA showed its card. They "want" to draft a player "other" than chris long because they attempted to find a replacement for jason taylor by signing calvin pace.

they failed to do so. thus, BP has emphatically denied any JT trade rumors...and is quoted as saying: "only way JT doesn't play for MIA in 2008, is if he retires."

Chris Long was "not" on top of MIA's wishlist. His attempt at signing pace showed that they tried to "avoid" drafting chris long.
So they have shown that OT Jake Long and QB Matt Ryan are higher on their draft board than chris long.

Well, so who is it? Who is on "top" of MIA's draft board? Well, the answer is obvious.

Sparano mentioned that QB was "higher" than OL in position you build your team around in his opening PC.

Jeff Ireland mentioned at the senior bowl, that "DT" and "QB" are his highest priorities to be addressed this offseason.

Jeff Ireland mentioned being intrigued with Matt Ryan and that, and I will quote: "one of those players that we are interested in is not here at the senior bowl right now..."

So? How in the world does anyone in their right mind come up with someone having an irrational "man crush" on a player...when all these clues have led Mike Mayock and anyone who paid attention to all those hints that MIA does indeed have Matt Ryan a top their draft board?

On top of all this...experts acknowledge that OT class is "deepest in years".

On top of all this...Matt Ryan won the Manning Award, given to the nation's best QB, beating Tim Tebow. He won the Johnny Unitas Award, given to the best senior QB. He proved to be a TD machine by throwing 31 tds and leading a team in the ACC to 11 wins.

On top of all this...Jerry Jones, who is BP/JI/TS's former boss and who hired them because of the same reason that BP hired JI/TS...having a likeminded view when it comes to football...states that "the 'ONLY' player in this year's draft that is worthy to trade UP all the way to #1 for is: QB MATT RYAN of BC!"

For anyone to read this and say that believing that BP is thinking Matt Ryan at #1 is unfounded and ludicrous...is just that....unfounded and pure ludicrous!

shame on all u haters and ostriches!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ri1Kl-5YZgY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=05iR_jqoxLI

i leave u with the words by a "defensive" player, of all people, when asked:

"after all of MIA's offseason aquisitions...what should MIA do with the #1 pick?"

Rod Woodson answers on Total Access during the "state of the miami dolphin franchise": "THEY STILL NEED A FRANCHISE QB".

NUFF SAID? SWOOSH, HE SCORES!!!!!!

Great post. I agree with you, funny because I still prefer drafting Run DMC but when I mention I believe Ryan will be the first pick I get the "Matt Ryan man crush" junk thrown at me. I can't till draft day and this is over...and we can get back to arguing about if R. Brown is a bust or not or maybe is Ginn a #1 WR.

I will bet you those arguing against Ryan now will be the first ones to order his jersey and put him as their AV if we draft him.

I will bet you those arguing against Ryan now will be the first ones to order his jersey and put him as their AV if we draft him.

I see this kind of statement made frequently and I don't get the point. Of course a Miami fan should be a fan of whomever we draft, even if it's not who they wanted. We can be upset on draft day and debate who we should've taken, but come game time we root for whomever lines up for the Dolphins.

dear finsup

let me present to you Boomer,

i don't know much about him, but the one thing i do know is that he NEVER elaborates before draft day probably because he knows a looooooooooooooooot and doesn't want to open his mouth ... if i recall, he was the one or CKparrothead to call the possibility of drafting Ginn last year, so yeah he knows his thing
You Don't believe Finsup is a new comer do you? Its obvious that he is a regular poster on here that has created a new name just so he could defend himself and insult respectful people such as Bommer. How cowardly is that?:shakeno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post. I agree with you, funny because I still prefer drafting Run DMC but when I mention I believe Ryan will be the first pick I get the "Matt Ryan man crush" junk thrown at me. I can't till draft day and this is over...and we can get back to arguing about if R. Brown is a bust or not or maybe is Ginn a #1 WR.

Except for those of us who already have.

didnt you make a thread like this for Jake long too? loll

Back
Top Bottom