My Opinion:Tony Sparano gave a clue to who is a top of MIA's draft board!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Opinion:Tony Sparano gave a clue to who is a top of MIA's draft board!!!

Just because you may think we need a QB, what makes you think RYAN is the answer?He may not even be the best QB in this draft. I would much rather take Henne in the second, who could end up being even better in the pros than Ryan. Who really knows who the answer is? Just because our front office was talking about a QB being vital to the success of the team, does not mean they were talking about Matt Ryan. And to think that way would be foolish.

Dude? Did u not take a look at my two vids that I included with my original post? That, my friend, should all but quelm any doubts!!!!

Matt Ryan is the next Eli/Peyton Manning! Take a look, see why EVERY, and I mean EVERY single draft expert/nfl person/period....has Matt Ryan as not only the #1 QB.....but by far! as they have him as the "only" QB worthy of a 1st round pick. Mike Mayock, has him as the #1 "prospect/player", period in the entire draft......and all have him as a top 5 pick.

Trust me....John Beck would not be considered a 1st rounder, less a top 5 pick.....and ask around....Chad Henne and Joe Flacco are "2nd" round prospects, not 1st rounder......and "zero" have them rated as top "5" picks, r u crazy? No. Matt Ryan is by far the best QB in the draft.....he is the "only" QB who is on a consensus level, rated a top 5 pick.

And according to BP/JI/TS's exboss.....the "ONLY" player worth trading UP to the #1 pick for....:up: Make no bones about it....Matt Ryan is by far, the best QB in the draft and according to some.....the BEST "PLAYER/PROSPECT" in the entire draft.

:sidelol: u just ignored all the points and just come out with unfounded picks? :sidelol:

Er, actually there were no points......your points were deconstructed by the Carmichael thing.

Miami will NOT pick Matt Ryan with the first overall pick and I'm sorry if this sounds arrogant, but I know this better than you do.

Dude? Did u not take a look at my two vids that I included with my original post? That, my friend, should all but quelm any doubts!!!!

Matt Ryan is the next Eli/Peyton Manning! Take a look, see why EVERY, and I mean EVERY single draft expert/nfl person/period....has Matt Ryan as not only the #1 QB.....but by far! as they have him as the "only" QB worthy of a 1st round pick. Mike Mayock, has him as the #1 "prospect/player", period in the entire draft......and all have him as a top 5 pick.

Trust me....John Beck would not be considered a 1st rounder, less a top 5 pick.....and ask around....Chad Henne and Joe Flacco are "2nd" round prospects, not 1st rounder......and "zero" have them rated as top "5" picks, r u crazy? No. Matt Ryan is by far the best QB in the draft.....he is the "only" QB who is on a consensus level, rated a top 5 pick.

And according to BP/JI/TS's exboss.....the "ONLY" player worth trading UP to the #1 pick for....:up: Make no bones about it....Matt Ryan is by far, the best QB in the draft and according to some.....the BEST "PLAYER/PROSPECT" in the entire draft.

Once again Ryan is a good prospect, but that is all he is. The video shows him throwing TD's against college competition and does not show the 19 picks he threw. This is not me saying Ryan sucks this is me saying you can't even try to compare him to the Manning's at this stage. If you go with that arguement anyone can easily say Leaf was a can't miss prospect. And yes I watched those videos that you included in your post, and by the way I loved watching that VT game, but those videos don't mean jack! The only videos that matter are the ones that the scouts, GM, and coach watch. Mr. Ed just remember the only absolute with Ryan is that he's a NFL prospect right now....and I think that's something that everyone should be able to agree on:up:

Great post. If there's only one quote the Beck backers read, I hope it's this one -

"sure, we 'HAD' a high opinion of him coming out of college, sure."

I can't count how many times I've heard the argument, "Talent evaluators like Beck." No. Talent evaluators LIKED Beck. Opinions change after watching a performance like last season's.

Do we really need an English lesson here? Would it have made sense for him to say, "sure, we HAVE a high opinion of him coming out of college, sure" (when he was speaking of past events)? The fact that he used the word "HAD" means two things.....the first is that he knows how to speak proper english and the second is that fans with an agenda will go to any length to try to push that agenda.

Nothing in those quotes states that they will take Ryan with the first pick.....or at all. Expect them to pick up a QB in the draft.....but barring injury, I believe you will see JB starting next year with a new offense around him.

There's hardly anyone disputing Ryan being the best QB in the draft, most people are saying he's not worth the number 1 pick. Your right he may not end up being the best QB in the draft, but that's a fluke thing that a guy could be picked in the 6th round and be one of the best in the game. He's the best QB heading into the draft, how his career ends up is anyones guess.
Some say Brohm and even Flacco are just as good if not better. The statement of "hardly anyone disputing Ryan as the best" is not right.

There are better videos of Beck's outstanding play in college than these of Ryan. These videos do not prove he is the consensus #1 at all.

Some say Brohm and even Flacco are just as good if not better. The statement of "hardly anyone disputing Ryan as the best" is not right.

You could say that any year although no team would think of Flacco high in the draft. Some people liked Leaf better than Manning, Rivers over Big Ben,Obrien over marino, Kolb over Beck, Beck over Edwards, Couch over Mcnabb. I dont know why this yeat is supposed to be so differant.

I agree Brohm should be rated with Ryan and actually deserves to go top 10 also as for Flacco I pass I would rather have Henne.

There are better videos of Beck's outstanding play in college than these of Ryan. These videos do not prove he is the consensus #1 at all.

I go some great Texas Tech videos of Kliff Klingsbury but does that prove anything?

Mr. Ed,
You say your tired of all the hate and madness, then why in the world are you starting another thread just to try and incite disagreement again. If they Take Ryan they Take him, if they don't they don't! That's how simple this really is. Don't constantly try to read into everything they do or say and claim you know what the plan is! If you were sitting right next to Parcells and Ireland you still wouldn't know what their plan is. So lets just leave it at if they want him they'll take him, Nothing more, nothing less!

Well this is certainly true. The fact is nobody knows. We don't even know for sure that the Dolphins will want to trade down when its all said and done. For instance if they decide the guy they want is Ryan they wouldnt be able to get him trading down. It could be any one of four guys IMO (Ryan, Long, Long, Gholston). But none of us know.

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/bytesandbits/?action=view&current=2007JBExhibitionPerf.flv

Above is the exact video the coach was referring to. As you can see it was from the NFL preseason. The last two passes in particular showed incredible touch and accuracy. The things you mentioned about holding the ball and inaccuracies were clearly the result of being put in before he was ready. He had the usual not knowing what to do/speed of the game problems that you should expect a rookie to have. And of course he was inconsistent, he's still learning what to do. But what you look for when you analyze a QB is if he can do these things. You look for whether mistakes are correctable and whether the QB is learning. With Beck he clearly has the ability and his history shows a high ability to learn.

I'll agree with a lot of the things you said that beck does have alot of the tools needed to be successful, but i'll still stick to what i said originally. Just based on the actual games beck has played you can't say he has great accuracy, great touch, great timing, or great feel for the game mainly because I havent seen him do it consistently enough. Your right you do look at his ability to do those things and he can put it all together and look really good one play, but you dont just look at select plays and say look at this singular throw or this one play because the most important thing about a qb is consistency. Sure you could see glimpses in players and any player who is good enough to play in the nfl will show glimpses but theres a list with thousands of players on it who looked good at times and just never turned the corner. It's obvious that beck has to turn the corner and I hope he does but until he turns the corner and plays consistley its really an unknown as to what kind of qb he will be.

Anyone of these 3 is as likely to be a difference maker as the other. We take either one I'm satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom