• Florida State

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters
ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
The Title was split in 2003 since WVU and Miami had the same record.
Head to Head machups don't count for the conf. champ.
You come on here and spout out all kinds of Poo and then just shrug off things that are common knowledge for folks that follow football. It isn't like it was 30 years ago.

Ya seem to like to gloat alot. How about LSU 40 Miami 3.
Except for the Sugar bowl that is one of my favorite all time bowl games.

Well if head to head matchups don't count, then why did the Canes go to the Orange Bowl?
Excuse me for not knowing that our Big East title was shared in 2003. I only care about what we do, and we went to the Orange Bowl as Big East champions. If WVU wants to act like they deserved a share of it, then go ahead, I don't really care, we went to the game, you guys didn't. I saw us beat west virginia first hand that year. Good game, I must admit, but the better team won, and the better team went on to the Orange Bowl.

Please talk about the Peach Bowl some more, because that's about all Canes bashers have. I'll take a 40-3 shellacking in an irrelevant bowl game, if I can have 5 national championships in 20 years in the other hand.

Kev83 said:
Are you a douche to everyone on these boards?
If so, I'll just try to post where you aren't posting.

This is ridiculous.

No there's just 2 kinds of people I don't like.

1) Those that spout off the garbage the media says constantly even when it makes no sense at all (Notre Dame is great, Miami is on the downfall). The media, and consequently a lot of "fans", is trying to act like this past year changed the next 20 years of college football. Nobody puts things into perspective, and everyone likes to run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

2) People that jump into others conversations. It's really annoying, especially when all they have to do is read the entire thread for it to make sense.

In this case, I just ran into both types of people.

If you want to tell me that Miami is on the downfall, tell me why vegas has them as the favorites of the ACC. The betting odds are so low, it's not even worth betting...seriously.

I don't see how I fit into those categories...and even when I started to have fun with it and posted that I was enjoying the convo, you took the chance to try and take another shot. Sorry I jumped in the thread, but people have that right. It's a message board and over the past week, I've been getting hooked.

And actually, I predicted you guys at 3 losses for the year...should be close b/w you guys, fla st, & va tech for the title...might give you guys the edge. I've just never been a fan of Big East or ACC football...one of those SEC guys.

Hey KP, how's about this one: Good luck over the next year....I'll be routing against you all the way & I'm sure Kyle Wright arguments are due on this message board in about 5 months.

kpcane said:
Well if head to head matchups don't count, then why did the Canes go to the Orange Bowl?
Excuse me for not knowing that our Big East title was shared in 2003. I only care about what we do, and we went to the Orange Bowl as Big East champions. If WVU wants to act like they deserved a share of it, then go ahead, I don't really care, we went to the game, you guys didn't. I saw us beat west virginia first hand that year. Good game, I must admit, but the better team won, and the better team went on to the Orange Bowl.

Please talk about the Peach Bowl some more, because that's about all Canes bashers have. I'll take a 40-3 shellacking in an irrelevant bowl game, if I can have 5 national championships in 20 years in the other hand.

Well for your first question, You can only send 1 team to a Bowl game. You can't send both and alternate snaps and such. So they have to have some sort of tie-breaker for the purpose of selecting a school to go the the game.

I don't "act" like WVU deserves a share of the title in 2003. It is freaking reality.

I have been a WVU football fan longer then you have been alive. I have seen the ups and downs and am looking forward to our 2006 season. We were the #5 ranked football team last season. This coming season we look to contend for a NC title. That is also reality, try and deal with it.

Kev83 said:
I don't see how I fit into those categories...and even when I started to have fun with it and posted that I was enjoying the convo, you took the chance to try and take another shot. Sorry I jumped in the thread, but people have that right. It's a message board and over the past week, I've been getting hooked.

And actually, I predicted you guys at 3 losses for the year...should be close b/w you guys, fla st, & va tech for the title...might give you guys the edge. I've just never been a fan of Big East or ACC football...one of those SEC guys.

Hey KP, how's about this one: Good luck over the next year....I'll be routing against you all the way & I'm sure Kyle Wright arguments are due on this message board in about 5 months.

Well, to me, you're a huge media spouter. After your assessment of the Canes, I have no other choice but to think that. You said our LB corps was "very weak". Come on......
I don't consider you a conversation jumper...so don't worry about that.

Predict 3 losses all you want. It's not going to happen. Our offense is no longer managed by Dan Werner.

Based on our scheduling, it seems like every other year we're going to have FSU and VA Tech at home. These are the years that we're going to have a legitimate shot at going undefeated. Boston College is replacing Clemson on our schedule for this year (and despite what people say, I actually think that's a good thing for us) and our tough games on the road are UVA, Louisville, and we're going to GA Tech for their homecoming. Should be an interesting year.

You won't find anyone else that will agree with you more about the SEC being the toughest conference by far. But I do think we're better than the Big 10.

As for Alabama...I kinda like them, but I don't think they'll do too well this year, and it's based on nothing more than a feeling. I don't know much about them, except that they didn't put many points on the board last year, and that they have 3 pretty good players leaving. I don't think their schedule is too terribly difficult this season, and they could very easily pick up 8 wins. I don't think they can beat any of the big dogs in the SEC this year, and I expect Tennessee to come back this year. So my Alabama prediction for the regular season is 8-4.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Well for your first question, You can only send 1 team to a Bowl game. You can't send both and alternate snaps and such. So they have to have some sort of tie-breaker for the purpose of selecting a school to go the the game.

I don't "act" like WVU deserves a share of the title in 2003. It is freaking reality.

I have been a WVU football fan longer then you have been alive. I have seen the ups and downs and am looking forward to our 2006 season. We were the #5 ranked football team last season. This coming season we look to contend for a NC title. That is also reality, try and deal with it.

I don't know why you're acting like such a tough guy. I've said over and over that WVU will be competing for the NC. That's common knowledge.

It's also common knowledge that anybody with an above average team could dominate the Big East.

I think Ohio State is way better than WVU next year. But I don't consider Ohio State a legitimate threat for the NC. Why? I don't think they can survive that Big 10 schedule with PSU, Michigan, Iowa, and a few more losable games. Oh yeah, they play Texas too.

WVU is going to suffer SEVERELY in the BCS, and their ONLY hope at actually getting to the NC game is if there aren't 2 undefeated teams and their isn't a very strong 1 loss team (i.e. Ohio State, loser of FSU-Miami, loser of OU-Texas, Notre Dame, etc.)

WVU's season won't even be played at their own field. It's going to be rooting for other teams to lose. I think JV football matches will be more interesting than watching WVU terrorize the Big Easy.

kpcane said:
As for Alabama...I kinda like them, but I don't think they'll do too well this year, and it's based on nothing more than a feeling. I don't know much about them, except that they didn't put many points on the board last year, and that they have 3 pretty good players leaving. I don't think their schedule is too terribly difficult this season, and they could very easily pick up 8 wins. I don't think they can beat any of the big dogs in the SEC this year, and I expect Tennessee to come back this year. So my Alabama prediction for the regular season is 8-4.

8-4 is fair for Alabama. I think the offense will be a tad better, despite losing Croyle. The OL is the key there. But where we will score 3-7 more points a game, I see us giving up that much more. Our LB core took a hit. The DB and DL should be fine. I'll give Bama 8 wins over teams I'd say they have an advantage with. Our non-conference is a joke this year, so we should get into a bowl easily. I see us beating Tennessee or Auburn, so I'll go 9-3. LSU and Florida are definite losses.

Kev83 said:
8-4 is fair for Alabama. I think the offense will be a tad better, despite losing Croyle. The OL is the key there. But where we will score 3-7 more points a game, I see us giving up that much more. Our LB core took a hit. The DB and DL should be fine. I'll give Bama 8 wins over teams I'd say they have an advantage with. Our non-conference is a joke this year, so we should get into a bowl easily. I see us beating Tennessee or Auburn, so I'll go 9-3. LSU and Florida are definite losses.

Wow, thats a pretty bold prediction.

Kev83 said:
even if Alabama's offense is better so what? their offense sucked last year so they should make an improvement. your D also won't be able to carry your team like last year

Motion said:
Wow, thats a pretty bold prediction.
I wouldn't say that....those 2 are strong rivalry games that could go in any direction.

9-3 is hopeful, but I'd say the Tide are slowly rebuilding the program. Several solid years of recruiting have helped Shula, now he just has to back that up for a few more yrs with bowl victories.

nick1 said:
even if Alabama's offense is better so what? their offense sucked last year so they should make an improvement. your D also won't be able to carry your team like last year
Did you read my post?

Offense a tad better....Defense a tad worse....not a lot of change. Probably 1-2 more losses.

LB are the key at the Capstone. Returning letterman Juwan Simpson will lead the group, while Terrence Jones should limit the quality dropoff. In most schemes, Jones would have been a starter last yr.
But of course, they will be weaker than the last few yrs. I believe in Coach Kines...he's one of the best Def. Cord. at the collegiate level.

Kev83 said:
I wouldn't say that....those 2 are strong rivalry games that could go in any direction.

9-3 is hopeful, but I'd say the Tide are slowly rebuilding the program. Several solid years of recruiting have helped Shula, now he just has to back that up for a few more yrs with bowl victories.

Didn't Auburn beat Bama last year? They haven't lost much either, I definitely say Bama would be the underdog in that game at least.

Kev83 said:
Did you read my post?

Offense a tad better....Defense a tad worse....not a lot of change. Probably 1-2 more losses.

LB are the key at the Capstone. Returning letterman Juwan Simpson will lead the group, while Terrence Jones should limit the quality dropoff. In most schemes, Jones would have been a starter last yr.
But of course, they will be weaker than the last few yrs. I believe in Coach Kines...he's one of the best Def. Cord. at the collegiate level.

I thought it was a pretty objective look at your own team. Not sure why it got that kind of response.

Kev83 said:
Did you read my post?

I read it and I was disagreeing with the 9-3 record you gave them, they will lose at least 5. Florida, Georgia, LSU, Auburn and another team (I haven't seen who they play)

Back
Top Bottom