• Florida State

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters
Kev83 said:
That's the root of the Canes' problem. Let me tell you something, every game counts, and winning a bowl game should matter. A LOT.
I don't see the upside for Coker and the Canes, at all. The Defense is nowhere where it used to be and skill players seem to have fewer well-developed fundamentals.

Also, my earlier post said Florida was one of the top athletic programs in the last 10 yrs. And they are. Athletic program does not = football only.

Well that's why I asked you, if you were only talking about football, seeing as how this is the college football forum. I really don't care what UF does in women's soccer, I just look forward to them losing to the Canes like clockwork.

I don't know how you say that our defense isn't what it used to be. That's a very, very ignorant statement. The safety combo we have now is one of the best college football will ever see. I think they'll both be top 10 picks (meriweather and kenny phillips). Willie Williams should be back in there, and we have solid OLB's again. Our defensive line is solid again..anchored by Baraka Atkins..also a future first rounder. If our offense picks up under the new OC, the glory days are back. Kyle Wright is an outstanding QB, who needs to work on getting rid of the ball quicker. Our receivers are talented, but they also have work to do. We're coming back with some great talent at RB with moss, jones, johnson, and thomas. Great recruiting class in RB too. The only real question is offensive line, and with reggie youngblood coming up, and some new talent, they shouldn't be too bad. The new o-line coach is a phenom also. We'll do better than the gators this year...I guarantee it.

Meriweather is a stud, yes. The straw poll is still out on Phillips; he's only a Soph.
And yeah, you might want to improve on those 36 sacks given up last year. The offense just has to find some kind of consistency. I think that's another big problem. You averaged 34 pts in wins and only 6.6 in losses.

Oh yeah, your LBS are weak. Very weak. D-line is above-average, Atkins is good & Pata isn't bad. DB good. O-line weak. RB above-average. QB average, very average. WR average. TE great.

One thing Miami has is a favorable schedule. No doubt. The thing that gets me is the "national title or bust" attitude. You guys should focus on winning a conference title. That, in all seriousness, would be a great accomplishment for this team.

With a favorable schedule and hopes that Canes learn what team football is, I would predict them at 9-3 and at a mid-major bowl. Same as last yr, basically. Which...would appear to be a program decline.

Florida is a much better team than the Canes. If I were a Gators fan, I'd really back them up with players/stats/numbers.

What you've got here is an unbiased sports fan giving his outlook.

kpcane said:
Well that's why I asked you, if you were only talking about football, seeing as how this is the college football forum. I really don't care what UF does in women's soccer, I just look forward to them losing to the Canes like clockwork.

The only reason I mentioned it earlier was b/c it was brought up in this same thread.
And, just for fun........drumroll.....the Director's Cup rank for Best Athletic Program has Miami at......drumroll.....55! :sidelol:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/directorscup/auto_pdf/0506D1Apr13Stand.pdf

Kev83 said:
Meriweather is a stud, yes. The straw poll is still out on Phillips; he's only a Soph.
And yeah, you might want to improve on those 36 sacks given up last year. The offense just has to find some kind of consistency. I think that's another big problem. You averaged 34 pts in wins and only 6.6 in losses.

Oh yeah, your LBS are weak. Very weak. D-line is above-average, Atkins is good & Pata isn't bad. DB good. O-line weak. RB above-average. QB average, very average. WR average. TE great.

One thing Miami has is a favorable schedule. No doubt. The thing that gets me is the "national title or bust" attitude. You guys should focus on winning a conference title. That, in all seriousness, would be a great accomplishment for this team.

With a favorable schedule and hopes that Canes learn what team football is, I would predict them at 9-3 and at a mid-major bowl. Same as last yr, basically. Which...would appear to be a program decline.

Florida is a much better team than the Canes. If I were a Gators fan, I'd really back them up with players/stats/numbers.

What you've got here is an unbiased sports fan giving his outlook.

No, we have an unknowledgeable sports fan giving his outlook. I'm not saying that because you're dogging the Canes, but because you're simply incorrect.
Va Tech rode Marcus Vick to #3 in the polls, but they got steamrolled by the Canes. Imagine what it'll be like without Vick. We aren't losing to Va Tech. FSU was garbage last year, and if we would have had anything that resembled an offensive line, we wouldn't have only lost on a botched field goal attempt. And Ga Tech beat us last year, and I don't really have to say much about that. This year we go into Atlanta. Don't know how our schedule is so "favorable". We're also going into Louisville. And Charlottesville.

Our LB corps is not weak. Willie Williams, Jon Beason, Daryl Sharpton, Romeo Davis, Tavares Gooden...we are absolutely stacked at LB. The only problem we'll have there is getting all these guys playing time. Our LB corps is sick. That you would say they are "very weak" makes me disregard your entire argument.

Kyle Wright isn't an average QB either. Greg Olsen is overrated...he isn't "great". Dajleon Farr is great. Our o-line is what needs work. That's it, and that's all. Now that we won't run a ridiculously vanilla offense, people will shut up about Wright, and about the Canes future, because even though the haters are out there...we're going to be back next year.

kpcane said:
And just for fun...the University of Florida football team has.....1 national championship :sidelol:

wanna talk about it? wanna sooooooooda?

I'm an Alabama Crimson Tide fan.
Got 12????
Got that kind of tradition? No, Miami doesn't quite....where were your pre-80s teams?

Remember Gino Teretta and the 93 Sugar Bowl?

TRUMPED, *****!

kpcane said:
Don't know how our schedule is so "favorable". We're also going into Louisville. And Charlottesville.

Kyle Wright isn't an average QB either.

Did you just base a tough schedule off playing Virginia in an away game? Please, please edit that post so I don't have to laugh at that any longer. Try the SEC, please...wait, my bad.....the ACC is tough enough for you guys right now.
Your hardest away game is Louisville. That is favorable, man...and every preview I've seen agrees.

Kyle Wright flatout sucks. The rest of your team (minus O-line) doesn't. But Wright and the O-Line suck. If you have that kind of talent and do what he does, that's bad. Hopefully the new O works out, though.

I'm having so much fun lately on these boards....bashing U of Miami.

The only thing I hate more than the Bills, Patriots, Auburn Tigers, or Drew Rosenhaus is the U of Miami football program. (For the last 15 yrs...all I can judge).

Enjoying these posts, man.

kpcane said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Miami doesn't need to play a difficult non-conference schedule, because we play Florida State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Boston College, and Virginia. The fact that we have Louisville on our schedule already makes our non-conference schedule tougher than WVU's. I think WVU is a good team, and the only team that should give them problems is Louisville. But WVU wouldn't even be in this conversation if they were in the ACC, Big 10, or SEC. WVU has a VERY easy road to the NC game, and they won't stand much of a chance against teams like OSU, LSU, or Miami.
Funny how WVU can talk a big game after their cakewalk through that joke of a conference. What was that, their first outright conference championship since 1993? Pathetic!
Please...just take your easy schedule and shut up about it. Don't try to act like WVU is something that they aren't.

All I am saying and have been saying is that WVU is a good team. They have been on the rise since Coach Rod took over. Saying WVU is a pathetic team is just being a hater. WVU has had a share of the BigEast title or soley owned it since 2003. No other school can claim that kind of domination of their conference right now. In 1988 WVU played for a NC against ND. We have been consitantly good for a while and hopefully move to a top tier football program.

This 2006 team has the potential to be great. Building on the '05 season with basically the same players with more experience. Hold up our schedule and whine and point at it. If that is all ya got, why don't you shut up, I have heard that before. I also know what is means for our BCS standings and we will just have to deal with it.

I am not trying to act like WVU is something they are not. Last I checked they are NC contenders. That is what this thread is about, and that is what I claim them to be.

Kev83 said:
Got 12????
Got that kind of tradition? No, Miami doesn't quite....where were your pre-80s teams?

TRUMPED, *****!

12 huh? ok so in "Alabamian" that must translate to 6-7?

if you wanna go by the bogus NCs then we have 19

:tongue: jk dude, im glad we have another Tide fan on here, I seem to like you guys alot

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
All I am saying and have been saying is that WVU is a good team. They have been on the rise since Coach Rod took over. Saying WVU is a pathetic team is just being a hater. WVU has had a share of the BigEast title or soley owned it since 2003. No other school can claim that kind of domination of their conference right now. In 1988 WVU played for a NC against ND. We have been consitantly good for a while and hopefully move to a top tier football program.

This 2006 team has the potential to be great. Building on the '05 season with basically the same players with more experience. Hold up our schedule and whine and point at it. If that is all ya got, why don't you shut up, I have heard that before. I also know what is means for our BCS standings and we will just have to deal with it.

I am not trying to act like WVU is something they are not. Last I checked they are NC contenders. That is what this thread is about, and that is what I claim them to be.

Totally agreed, it's not WVU's fault UM, Tech, and BC left the conference, it may be a relatively easy schedule however all the programs are on the rise, look at what UCF did last year, and the improvement of UConn, Pitt's always been a good program and Louisville came into the Big East with so much hype and were supposed to run over WVU, that didnt happen, the Mountaineers and Coach Rod had a core group of offensive FRESHMEN by the way who will do nothn but improve and last I checked WVU ran the **** over Georgia in that sugar bowl I attended loved that *** whoopn couldnt have been in a better place then the dogs backyard. WVU is a NC contender and Steve Slaton will at least be a heisman finalist at some point in his career.

Kev83 said:
Got 12????

TRUMPED, *****!

Odds are...guessing by your user name...you've been alive for 1 national championship. I've been alive for all 5.

Remember the 1990 Sugar Bowl??

Miami has enough tradition buddy...why don't you guys just worry about putting the ball in the endzone.

Kev83 said:
Did you just base a tough schedule off playing Virginia in an away game? Please, please edit that post so I don't have to laugh at that any longer. Try the SEC, please...wait, my bad.....the ACC is tough enough for you guys right now.
Your hardest away game is Louisville. That is favorable, man...and every preview I've seen agrees.

Kyle Wright flatout sucks. The rest of your team (minus O-line) doesn't. But Wright and the O-Line suck. If you have that kind of talent and do what he does, that's bad. Hopefully the new O works out, though.

Never said we had a tough schedule, but I'll say it now...we do. Playing FSU and Va Tech at home doesn't mean they aren't going to be FSU and Va Tech. What I don't understand is how our schedule is so "favorable". Is it because we're playing these two teams at home this year? We still have Boston College too, and Louisville, Ga Tech, and UVA on the road isn't going to be easy. Florida State lost to Virginia on the road last year, so why don't YOU edit your post.

Obviously every preview you've seen "agrees with you", because judging off your comments, you don't form your own opinion. Why do you think Kyle Wright "flatout sucks"? Ever look at his numbers? Ever seen him play? He's a future franchise QB in the NFL, mark my words. He's tough, he can move, and he has a killer arm. Reminds me of a faster, tougher Carson Palmer. You guys will see him this year...trust me. If our o-line is just a little better this year, you'll see him in Tempe.

Kev83 said:
I'm having so much fun lately on these boards....bashing U of Miami.

The only thing I hate more than the Bills, Patriots, Auburn Tigers, or Drew Rosenhaus is the U of Miami football program. (For the last 15 yrs...all I can judge).

Enjoying these posts, man.
And I thought we were getting an "unbiased" fan's POV....:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom