• Florida State

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters
DonShula84 said:
I cant believe that's a real schedule. I know they make them years in advance but if you look at that only 3 maybe 4 teams ever have a chance of being decent. So it isnt like they made the schedule and got lucky by a few of the teams being unusually bad. Hopefully Louisville beats them though.

hey Don, how would u like an old school NC game between 2 of College Football's most storied school? OU v.s ND is my DREAM next to USC, we owe you guys for ruining our streak! :D

:lol: go ****s :lol:

jk dude, but could u imagine if Oregon St and South Carolina played?

The Beavers against the Game****s :D

Tommy_Cane said:
The University of Florida: The Arrogance of Notre Dame, The Tradition of Wake Forest

How original :rolleyes2

I love college football trash talk.
BUT
any Miami Hurricanes fans should probably remain silent and remember the glory days. I like South Florida's program direction more than Miami's. Seriously.

And the U of Florida, to clear it up, is one of the best athletic schools in the past 10 years.

They deserve recognition of NC talk. Personally, I like LSU to come out of the SEC next yr as the top team.

The 2006 WVU football team is basically returning the same players from the 2005 season with an extra year of experience. They lost both OT, and a few guys in the secondary, plus our DT. The new players filling in on D are looking to be much better then last year. Defending the pass was WVU's biggest problem, and things look much better this year. The new guys playing OT are gonna be raw starting out and probably will be our biggest hurdle to overcome.

You can rant and cry about the easy schedule of WVU if it makes ya feel better. Fact is it is very hard to be on top of your game every week and go undefeated, and if WVU can pull it off they deserve the shot at the NC depending on what the other schools in the top 10 or so do.

You can't fault WVU either, they didn't kick Miami, VT, and BC out of the BigEast. They didn't drop VT from their schedule. I would personally like to see us play one more big school in our Non-Conference schedule but it isn't gonna happen for a couple more years when we have other top schools showing up on the schedule.

Talk about how weak the BigEast is a valid point as of last year. Louisville is a tough team and that will be a big game. After that as of last years results there isn't much to speak of. Pitt and Syracuse will improve this year as the 2nd year under a new coach. Lets talk more about how weak the BigEast is after week 4. I bet it is much improved over last year.

Non-Conference schedule for most teams have 1 tough game. WVU has Miss St. for 2 years.(We then get Auburn, Mich St., Fl St. for 2 each.) Miami gets Louisville this year, gonna be a good game too. After that ummm Florida A&M, Houston, and Florida International this year. Yeah heard of those teams alot. You can pick apart alot of schedules. WVU will suffer for the weaker schedule in the rankings. If we go undefeated and play for a NC, then ya better bring yer A game.

Bottom line is the shedule is set and we gotta play it. Hopefully we play up to our potential and show what this talented team is capable of. There will always be excuses as to why WVU shouldn't be there. Best thing to do is come to play and prove you are better then us.

I really like the Sugar Bowl trophy we don't deserve. If things work out right I will get to enjoy the NC trophy that we don't deserve either.

Kev83 said:
I love college football trash talk.
BUT
any Miami Hurricanes fans should probably remain silent and remember the glory days. I like South Florida's program direction more than Miami's. Seriously.

And the U of Florida, to clear it up, is one of the best athletic schools in the past 10 years.

They deserve recognition of NC talk. Personally, I like LSU to come out of the SEC next yr as the top team.

I agree with LSU, but nothing else you said. If you're talking college football, UF is not one of the top schools of the past 10 years. Miami, USC, and Oklahoma are the top 3 schools of the past 10 years.
I am really having a difficult time seeing how Miami isn't going anywhere and that they're on the downfall. It wasn't too long ago that we jumped an undefeated team in a major conference in the polls in november...and there was even talk about us jumping eventual national champion Texas. Yeah we lost to Ga Tech later, mostly because they caught us by surprise, but also because our OC couldn't call the right plays at the right time.
And people love to talk about the Peach Bowl. Let me tell you guys something. If you're not playing for the NC, then the game doesn't mean a thing, and unfortunately our guys looked at it that way. I'm hoping for a rematch in the Fiesta this year with them.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Non-Conference schedule for most teams have 1 tough game. WVU has Miss St. for 2 years.(We then get Auburn, Mich St., Fl St. for 2 each.) Miami gets Louisville this year, gonna be a good game too. After that ummm Florida A&M, Houston, and Florida International this year. Yeah heard of those teams alot. You can pick apart alot of schedules. WVU will suffer for the weaker schedule in the rankings. If we go undefeated and play for a NC, then ya better bring yer A game.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Miami doesn't need to play a difficult non-conference schedule, because we play Florida State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Boston College, and Virginia. The fact that we have Louisville on our schedule already makes our non-conference schedule tougher than WVU's. I think WVU is a good team, and the only team that should give them problems is Louisville. But WVU wouldn't even be in this conversation if they were in the ACC, Big 10, or SEC. WVU has a VERY easy road to the NC game, and they won't stand much of a chance against teams like OSU, LSU, or Miami.
Funny how WVU can talk a big game after their cakewalk through that joke of a conference. What was that, their first outright conference championship since 1993? Pathetic!
Please...just take your easy schedule and shut up about it. Don't try to act like WVU is something that they aren't.

kpcane said:
I agree with LSU, but nothing else you said. If you're talking college football, UF is not one of the top schools of the past 10 years. Miami, USC, and Oklahoma are the top 3 schools of the past 10 years.
I am really having a difficult time seeing how Miami isn't going anywhere and that they're on the downfall. It wasn't too long ago that we jumped an undefeated team in a major conference in the polls in november...and there was even talk about us jumping eventual national champion Texas. Yeah we lost to Ga Tech later, mostly because they caught us by surprise, but also because our OC couldn't call the right plays at the right time.
And people love to talk about the Peach Bowl. Let me tell you guys something. If you're not playing for the NC, then the game doesn't mean a thing, and unfortunately our guys looked at it that way. I'm hoping for a rematch in the Fiesta this year with them.

i agree, dont worry Miami will come back they always do, but Oklahoma for the past 10 years, b 4 Stoops got here, we had alot of trouble that I do not want to adress

things are looking up for the hurricanes as much as things are looking up for the marlins. neither team will be that great this year. the future will be nice i guess...

UF Fin Kat said:
things are looking up for the hurricanes as much as things are looking up for the marlins. neither team will be that great this year. the future will be nice i guess...

things are looking up for the university of florida. experts agree that 10% of UF graduates will now know what a book is after the urban meyer "read" campaign.

hey...maybe they can beat south carolina this year...who knowwwwws?

kpcane said:
\ I am really having a difficult time seeing how Miami isn't going anywhere and that they're on the downfall.

Let me tell you guys something. If you're not playing for the NC, then the game doesn't mean a thing, and unfortunately our guys looked at it that way.

That's the root of the Canes' problem. Let me tell you something, every game counts, and winning a bowl game should matter. A LOT.
I don't see the upside for Coker and the Canes, at all. The Defense is nowhere where it used to be and skill players seem to have fewer well-developed fundamentals.

Also, my earlier post said Florida was one of the top athletic programs in the last 10 yrs. And they are. Athletic program does not = football only.

Back
Top Bottom