NATIONAL CHAMPS Baby!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NATIONAL CHAMPS Baby!!!!!

LSU only made the champnionship game because it was in Louisiana and it was a major money maker for the NCAA, New Orleans and the TV markets.

USC is a better team, most would say that. However, to try and say a team that really dominated that game last night (If White played woth a damn last night OU would have won though) is not a rightful owner of half of a championship game that was agreed upon by the coaches is a little trivial.

We all know who we think is number one, but you can't prove your point anymore than another. USC lost to an unranked Cal team and if they had taken care of their own business they wouldn't be here now. If they had beefed up their non-conference schedule a little more they wouldn't be here now.

USC has noone to blame but themselves, they're already in a poor position on the West Coast as far as national attention so they should have known it would take more to overcome their shortcomings than others.

USC is better though w/o a single doubt from 90% of viewers.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
LSU only made the champnionship game because it was in Louisiana and it was a major money maker for the NCAA, New Orleans and the TV markets.

Wow :lol:

When did Louisiana become a major TV market?

C'mon peps...LSU would whoop the crap out of USC...no doubt!!!

LSU...National Champs!!!

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

USC is a better team, most would say that. However, to try and say a team that really dominated that game last night (If White played woth a damn last night OU would have won though) is not a rightful owner of half of a championship game that was agreed upon by the coaches is a little trivial.

We all know who we think is number one, but you can't prove your point anymore than another. USC lost to an unranked Cal team and if they had taken care of their own business they wouldn't be here now. If they had beefed up their non-conference schedule a little more they wouldn't be here now.

USC has noone to blame but themselves, they're already in a poor position on the West Coast as far as national attention so they should have known it would take more to overcome their shortcomings than others.

USC is better though w/o a single doubt from 90% of viewers.

Beefed up their non-conference schedule? How exactly could they have done that considering when the preseason rolled around they had TWO non-conference top 10's in there. It's not USC's fault that both Auburn and Notre Dame turned out to be piles of crap therefore, they should not get punished for that. In fact, shouldn't they get rewarded for scheduling the tough games in the firsrt place? Think about that one for a minute.

Oh well, we all know USC would have made LSU look silly on a neutral field so this argument is moot anyway.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
How did I know you would be the first one to respond???

Hey, even you can't take away my happiness right now. LSU IS NATIONAL CHAMPS. And there's nothing you can do about it.

dolfan06, I'll give you one chance to eat your crow and apologize to me with dignity. You SWORE Oklahoma was going to beat us. Remember? So what do you have to say now?

I have something to say.

Who cares?

College ball is boring :(

Cranx, and all you other usc whineys, I wasn't telling dolfan06 to eat his crow because of the LSU/usc deal. He PROMISED me and swore by everything he owned that OU was going to beat LSU.

...AND HE STILL HASN'T OWNED UP TO THE FACT THAT HE WAS WRONG.

Be a man and stop beating around the bush. ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG DOLFAN!!!

...and you're nuts to say usc would blow out LSU. That's just stupid. Did you even see LSU's defense???

It's a split title, plain and simple, which happens all-too-often in college football. The only way it would be unjustified is if Oklahoma had won. Oklahoma didn't even belong in that game because they didn't even win their conference. But alas, the brilliant BCS has failed to account for winning the conference as a qualification in two of the last three years (remember when Nebraska didn't even win their DIVISION and got in??). Hopefully this is changed for next year.

"LSU is sorry"

HAHA. Yeah, we're sorry that we don't have a chance to beat usc and prove once and for all that we are the best.

We just won the National Title, have a brand new trophy, and we're sorry? PLEASE.

You just won HALF the national title, let's not forget that.

You only have a trophy becuase the HALF that gave the title to you was the one with the big money deal.

Would you be saying the same about a freaking trophy if it were the other way around?

BTW, I take more stock in the AP poll anyway. The coaches can't even THINK about another team except for the one they're playing that week that they couldn't even tell you anything about how another team is playing. AP watches plenty of games and sees how teams actually PLAY on the field the whole season and not one game against a way overrated team in OU.

Gloat all you want, it will never make your half any more important than the other half of it. Chew on that for a minute.

It doesn't matter anyway, when Miami actually lets Kyle Wright play next year they'll win it all again. The only reason they lost to Tenn was Berlin and Berlin surely played a huge part in that VT loss as well.

LSU did not impress me much last night at all really. Both QB's sucked.

Cranx, and all you other usc whineys, I wasn't telling dolfan06 to eat his crow because of the LSU/usc deal. He PROMISED me and swore by everything he owned that OU was going to beat LSU.

...AND HE STILL HASN'T OWNED UP TO THE FACT THAT HE WAS WRONG.

Be a man and stop beating around the bush. ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG DOLFAN!!!

...and you're nuts to say usc would blow out LSU. That's just stupid. Did you even see LSU's defense???

I saw the rest of their team give up 3 (should have been 4) turnovers and I saw an offense that was...well...offensive. USC not only has some of the best skill position players in the country but they also have one of the best, if not thee best, offensive line in the country so I'd certainly put my money on those guys to slow down LSU's defense enough for Leinart to get most of his passes off on target.

USC also has what is probably the best defensive front four in the country (yes, LSU has the edge in overall defense but the "Wild Bunch II" is utterly amazing) and Pete Carroll has been masterful in his blitz scheming so I'd take USC's defense to harrass, beat up, and punk LSU's mediocre (and only mediocre when they're playing their best) offense all day long.

Unfortunately we'll never know but I, and most other people I know of who are neither USC nor LSU fans agree that USC would likely have the edge in this matchup. Again however, we'll never know so I suppose we should just keep arguing. :lol:

No, we just won the National Title because we won the system that PETE CARROL AND EVERY OTHER COACH AGREED TO. You live by the rules, you die by the rules. The BCS Championship Game winner is the NATIONAL CHAMPION.

USC needs to accept the fact that they can be the "newspaper champs" but in the NCAA history book, it will be LSU as CHAMPS!

Cranx, you just admitted that LSU has the best defense, but usc's front four are better because in your mind they are "utterly amazing"???

Whatever. Spears, Lavalais, Williams and Hill is the best D-line in the country.

No, we just won the National Title because we won the system that PETE CARROL AND EVERY OTHER COACH AGREED TO. You live by the rules, you die by the rules. The BCS Championship Game winner is the NATIONAL CHAMPION.

USC needs to accept the fact that they can be the "newspaper champs" but in the NCAA history book, it will be LSU as CHAMPS!

Actually, the NCAA history books will, in fact, show a split national title since they place equal merit in both polls. LSU won the BS championship but that means absolutely nothing more than USC winning the AP championship in the grans scheme of things; you're blatantly wrong in this instance.

BTW, Pete Carroll has only been USC's coach for three years now while the BS system has been around for six so riddle me this one sport: how did Pete Carroll have anything to do with the BS one way or another? I suppose that since he did not explicitly agree to this system he and his team should not thus be bound by the BS system, and therefore should be the sole posessors of the national championship.

Back
Top Bottom