NATIONAL CHAMPS Baby!!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NATIONAL CHAMPS Baby!!!!!

Yes i know it was a joke...i did not get upset or offended one bit...it just looked like you were really getting pissed after reading some of your posts!!! And it should have been USC and LSU not OU...but that did not happen...anyway...i was just joooooking also about LSU wrecking the USC QB...it would be a great game though...but we will never know!!! I was never offended at all...I just felt that from reading your other posts...you came out sounding irritated...that's all.

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
WOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!

And don't hand me any of this USC garbage, WHO HAS THE TROPHY????

That's cuz they didn't play the #1 team !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They ARE the #1 team.

Only in one poll and only because that poll is contractually obligated to make them so. It's a foregone conclusion that, had the coaches been granted a choice, they would have named USC the #1 team in the nation.

LSU earned a share of the national championship. It is a shame that there are 2 champions but they both earned it. LSU played well all season long and they received what they deserved, which is a share of the national title.

USC also played very well this season and they earned a split of it as well. However, if they wanted to be considered outright National Champions, they should have taken care of business and beaten Cal.

For those who don't think LSU deserves a split of the title, look at their schedule, which was a lot harder than USC's. LSU had to play teams like Ole Miss, Florida, Georgia, etc., who are all better than the soft teams USC gets to play in the Pac 10. Getting through SEC play with only one loss is very impressive.

LSU #1
great game by both teams...sorry USC that you could not be there so the tigers could put a pounding on you!

LSU TIGERS...NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

God won't this die already? I agree with someone else who said college football, in general, sucks anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Of course, if it did matter.... Cough (usc) Cough :lol:

They ARE the #1 team.

In your mind only, 28. In your mind only. There needs to be one more game that will never be played. There be controversy about it no matter how much you hoot. They are not the unanimous choice. The AP says USC and the Coaches and ESPN say LSU out of prior obligation and agreement, otherwise they would say USC also. Either way, they are just co-champs!

Yeah, my mind only. I'm the ONLY one in America that thinks LSU would beat USC. Please.

Like iceblizzard said, getting through the SEC with only one loss is way more impressive than playing in the Pac 10 and losing to Cal. LSU beat a top 5 team twice, and then beat Oklahoma. Yeah, USC is great, but LSU's defense is one of the best ever in college football.

USC should be the ones to consider themselves lucky to share a Championship due to their soft schedule and lack of a conference championship game.

Yeah, my mind only. I'm the ONLY one in America that thinks LSU would beat USC. Please.

Like iceblizzard said, getting through the SEC with only one loss is way more impressive than playing in the Pac 10 and losing to Cal. LSU beat a top 5 team twice, and then beat Oklahoma. Yeah, USC is great, but LSU's defense is one of the best ever in college football.

USC should be the ones to consider themselves lucky to share a Championship due to their soft schedule and lack of a conference championship game.

Dude, you still don't get it do you. USC has been at the top of the polls for two years now! They've been this good for a long time now and it looks like they're only going to get better next year with guys like Leinart, Mike Williams, Lendell White, etc. all having yet another year under their belts; this team will be frightening!

The only team that got "lucky" in this whole mess is OU since they should never have been in that game in the first place. USC was the overwhelming number one team in the country before the bowl games and would have remained so afterwards had there not been a contractual obligation for the Coaches Poll to vote with the BS. Deal with it.

BTW, if you would have looked at USC's schedule in the preseason anyone would have said that they had one of the toughest- if not thee toughest- schedule in the nation; it's not their fault teams like Auburn and Notre Dame turned into total pieces of crap. USC did what it had to do and therefore should be the national champions period.

.............I wonder how long this thread is going to get with the continued circular arguments.... :lol:

Allright, don't start throwing this "you don't get it" garbage around. We all have valid points to prove our arguments. I agree OU did get lucky. You shouldn't even sniff the National Championship if you don't win your conference.

And have you seen the awesome recruiting LSU has been doing? We will be very good for a while too.

You're right. the coaches poll is obligated to vote for the BCS National Champ. Including Carrol. He agreed to it. Accept that!

LSU did what it had to do, and therefor should be National Champs. I don't mind sharing with USC, but you Cali fans need to give the Tigers respect! LSU has the trophy, and usc should be the ones thankful for a split!

Allright, don't start throwing this "you don't get it" garbage around. We all have valid points to prove our arguments. I agree OU did get lucky. You shouldn't even sniff the National Championship if you don't win your conference.

And have you seen the awesome recruiting LSU has been doing? We will be very good for a while too.

You're right. the coaches poll is obligated to vote for the BCS National Champ. Including Carrol. He agreed to it. Accept that!

LSU did what it had to do, and therefor should be National Champs. I don't mind sharing with USC, but you Cali fans need to give the Tigers respect! LSU has the trophy, and usc should be the ones thankful for a split!

Dude, I've been giving them mad props for their defense, I just happen to believe that, as a whole, USC is better...sue me. :)

One thing you should stop saying however is that Carroll agreed to this system, he didn't. His name is not on the contract and he does not even vote in the Coaches Poll so I'm quite certain that he has no loyalty or obligation to the system.

In the interest of ending this thing however here's a big YAAAAAAAY LSU! You won the Crystal Football, the Sugar Bowl, and the contractual end of the National Championship!
:goof:

Marcus Spears, and especially Marquis Hill are both as good or better than Osldfnepasld Xodfnoeapsdlrh or whatever his name is.

Hill will go top 15 in the draft.

Hill may not go round one. If Kenechi Udeze declares he'll go round one because he's the 2nd best DE prospect in the country. That's not a bias opinion, that's fact.

Allright. We split. Hooray. End of story. The TWO best teams in America. Case closed.
i think i'd rather have a bunch of coaches vote me the best in football than some fool machine!:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom