NBA Summer League - Scores | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Summer League - Scores

FinNasty said:
Hey Budd... how many TOs did Dorell Wright have?
He's been a turnover machine, but I expected it in the summer league. He's been running the floor for the most part, and that's kind've new to him, although he has great potential to do so. We know he can score, so basically, we've been asking him to run the floor more than take the game over. He's averaging about 17-6-4 or something like that, but shooting close to 50% I think. I think we're trying to give the undrafted guards more looks though.

I haven't seen a box score where he's attempted more than 15 shots..

Alex44 said:
Yeah but some guys are just more talented even as rookies

Lebron and Duncan especially

Brand and Carmello were just a tiny notch above Morrison

Its just hard for rookies to score 20 ppg, Im not saying its impossible or he cant, I just dont think he WILL

Id predict between 15 and 17 ppg this year for Morrison

Since we are only referring to scoring and not overall talent, you are saying that 'Melo as a rookie was a better scorer than Morrison is now? Carmelo didnt win ROTY for a reason....he was horribly inefficient. But he and Morrison both have been put in similar situations, on teams without any other scorers. But if Morrison puts up as many shots as 'Melo did he will score 25 a game.

Blueprint said:
He's been a turnover machine, but I expected it in the summer league. He's been running the floor for the most part, and that's kind've new to him, although he has great potential to do so. We know he can score, so basically, we've been asking him to run the floor more than take the game over. He's averaging about 17-6-4 or something like that, but shooting close to 50% I think. I think we're trying to give the undrafted guards more looks though.

I haven't seen a box score where he's attempted more than 15 shots..

The undrafted guards havnt been doing anything. This is the Wright and Barron show. He turns it over so much b/c they are constantly doubling him and he seems to be trying to do his best Wade imitation. Granted I didnt see the one game where dished out 8 assists, but the two I've seen havnt been all that impressive performances. It doesnt help that they arent really playing team basketball, and in reality its nothing more than a pickup game with nba players.

Morrison scored 27 in his final summer league game this year :wink: :wink: :wink:

24.6 ppg over 5 games :woot: Adam Morrison

Ferretsquig said:
The undrafted guards havnt been doing anything. This is the Wright and Barron show. He turns it over so much b/c they are constantly doubling him and he seems to be trying to do his best Wade imitation. Granted I didnt see the one game where dished out 8 assists, but the two I've seen havnt been all that impressive performances. It doesnt help that they arent really playing team basketball, and in reality its nothing more than a pickup game with nba players.

Exactly - that's why I laugh at those who get overly hyped about these summer league performances. Some players will score 25+ every game and have an average at best career. Some may not play at all and become potential superstars. The summer league does absolutely nothing for players who are already locks to make their team's roster (i.e. Dorell Wright). It's more of an opportunity for undraftees and players who haven't found homes in the league yet. Come on now, we're talking about a league where Jackson Vroman is a starting PF. :lol:

I won't judge Dorell Wright until the preseason where we'll actually play team ball..

Blueprint said:
Exactly - that's why I laugh at those who get overly hyped about these summer league performances. Some players will score 25+ every game and have an average at best career. Some may not play at all and become potential superstars. The summer league does absolutely nothing for players who are already locks to make their team's roster (i.e. Dorell Wright). It's more of an opportunity for undraftees and players who haven't found homes in the league yet. Come on now, we're talking about a league where Jackson Vroman is a starting PF. :lol:

I won't judge Dorell Wright until the preseason where we'll actually play team ball..

still exciting to hear morrison have no drop off in production right from college...of course means nothing til he does it in the season :wink: :wink: :wink:

Buddwalk said:
still exciting to hear morrison have no drop off in production right from college...of course means nothing til he does it in the season :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yeah, it's great to see - I was happy when Wade did well too.

I'm talking about some people on RealGM's forums. I saw a thread calling some undrafted kid a lock to make the 2006-2007 All-Star team due to his performance in the Vegas Summer League. The poster was dead serious too..:lol:

Blueprint said:
Yeah, it's great to see - I was happy when Wade did well too.

I'm talking about some people on RealGM's forums. I saw a thread calling some undrafted kid a lock to make the 2006-2007 All-Star team due to his performance in the Vegas Summer League. The poster was dead serious too..:lol:
wtf:sidelol:

Time to fill you guys in :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rocky Mountain

July 14th Scores

76ers 88
Rodney Carney - 17 points 2 rebounds 1 assist 1 steal 2 blocks
Sonics 74
Saer Sene - 7 points 4 rebounds 1 steal 5 blocks [Hes a shot blocking machine]

Spurs 79
Taquan Dean - 5 points 4 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal
Mavericks 71
Darius Washington - 8 points 3 rebounds 4 assists 1 steal

Jazz 98
Deron Williams - 16 points 7 assists 1 steal
Dee Brown - 12 points 1 rebound 2 assists 2 steals
Ronnie Brewer - 11 points 4 rebounds 3 assists
Hawks 76
Shelden Williams - 8 points 5 rebounds 2 steals 1 block
Marvin Williams - 22 points 4 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal
Salim Stoudmire - 20 points 4 rebounds 2 assists

July 15th Scores

Spurs 73
Taquan Dean - 10 points 4 rebounds 5 assists
Sonics 70
Saer Sene - 8 points 5 rebounds 1 assist 2 blocks

Hawks 93
Shelden Williams - 6 points 3 rebounds 1 block
Marvin Williams - 30 points 10 rebounds 5 assists 2 steals 1 blocks
Salim Stoudamire - 22 points 2 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal
Mavericks 94
Maurice Ager - 12 points 4 rebounds 2 assists 2 steals
Jose Juan Barea - 20 points 2 rebounds 8 assists 1 steal
Kevin Pittsnogle - 11 points 2 rebounds (4-7 shooting)

76ers 81
Louis Williams - 27 points 4 rebounds 5 assists 2 steals
Jazz 74
Ronnie Brewer - 17 points 3 rebounds 3 assists 2 steals 1 block

Buddwalk said:
Morrison scored 27 in his final summer league game this year :wink: :wink: :wink:

24.6 ppg over 5 games :woot: Adam Morrison

yea adam morrison is good.he will be good with the bobcats.that team is young and will be great in a couple years

Buddwalk said:
Time to fill you guys in :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rocky Mountain

July 14th Scores

76ers 88
Rodney Carney - 17 points 2 rebounds 1 assist 1 steal 2 blocks
Sonics 74
Saer Sene - 7 points 4 rebounds 1 steal 5 blocks [Hes a shot blocking machine]

Spurs 79
Taquan Dean - 5 points 4 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal
Mavericks 71
Darius Washington - 8 points 3 rebounds 4 assists 1 steal

Jazz 98
Deron Williams - 16 points 7 assists 1 steal
Dee Brown - 12 points 1 rebound 2 assists 2 steals
Ronnie Brewer - 11 points 4 rebounds 3 assists
Hawks 76
Shelden Williams - 8 points 5 rebounds 2 steals 1 block
Marvin Williams - 22 points 4 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal
Salim Stoudmire - 20 points 4 rebounds 2 assists

July 15th Scores

Spurs 73
Taquan Dean - 10 points 4 rebounds 5 assists
Sonics 70
Saer Sene - 8 points 5 rebounds 1 assist 2 blocks

Hawks 93
Shelden Williams - 6 points 3 rebounds 1 block
Marvin Williams - 30 points 10 rebounds 5 assists 2 steals 1 blocks
Salim Stoudamire - 22 points 2 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal
Mavericks 94
Maurice Ager - 12 points 4 rebounds 2 assists 2 steals
Jose Juan Barea - 20 points 2 rebounds 8 assists 1 steal
Kevin Pittsnogle - 11 points 2 rebounds (4-7 shooting)

76ers 81
Louis Williams - 27 points 4 rebounds 5 assists 2 steals
Jazz 74
Ronnie Brewer - 17 points 3 rebounds 3 assists 2 steals 1 block

looks like marvin is doing well

dorsaroll156 said:
looks like marvin is doing well

He definitely is...thats good news for the hawks too

I think Jose Juan Barea and Pittsnogle may end up making the mavericks roster after failing with two other teams so far

I really want to see Sene develop an overall game. Even though he's pretty raw, there's no doubting his defensive presence/shot blocking skills. He has the frame to add a lot of weight (strength), and I think it's obvious that he'll work on that. He reminds me a lot of Samuel Dalembert, hopefully without the excessive injury problems. I think he and Chris Wilcox can make for a solid frontcourt for years to come.

Buddwalk said:
He definitely is...thats good news for the hawks too

I think Jose Juan Barea and Pittsnogle may end up making the mavericks roster after failing with two other teams so far

yea the hawks might need some help:chuckle:

Pittsnogle is one of the worse prospects I've ever seen. If he can make an NBA roster & become an effective rotation player, then Keith Traylor can start on a playoff team at SG. :lol:

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom