New Free Agent | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Free Agent

Let's take a look at this FA shall we????

I like you're posts Fin-Attic. I do think you've tended to be more pessimistic than optimistic this off-season however. That's just the way I see it. Your posts as a whole are always very well thought out, and respected by myself. You know how to do some smacking as well, which I feel is very essential. Very versitile, and can play both sides....

You're a die hard fan, showing your deepest concerns for the Phinz IMO. It's all good. You shouldn't have to make excuses for the things you say about the Phinz. You genuinely care, and there's nothing wrong with voicing your concerns when you feel it necessary....

You're signed.:D

PS. I know you and I haven't always seen eye to eye. You and I have also been regulars over on Ganggreen together. It's always good to hear from you IMO, even when we disagree.

I hope once TC starts, and the Phinz get into action, your negativity begins to receed some. I'm positive, being the fan you are, you'll give them every chance to do that...

PHINZ RULE!!!:cpatch:

Nice post, Finatic. I for one truly appreciated it. I know weve butt(ed) heads a few times over the past few seasons and disagreed on some issues, but I know our ultimately passion for the team is the same.

I think the point here is - its completely ok to be critical of the Dolphins, and I for one am FOR critiquing the Teams moves; however, criticism that is incessant, extreme and continuous is often viewed as just plain negative. And noone enjoys a "negative" fan - not most of the other posters, and Im sure not you. And I know that youre perceptive enough to differenciate between the two.

Anyway, I look forward to continuing to butt heads with you on various issues in the future :cool:

Originally posted by fin-atic
I am announcing a new FA aquisition this off season...me!

Well, more or less. Let me explain.

For the last couple of months and at times over the last year I have taken a lot of heat. I mean a LOT of heat! from many members here. Some deseerved but plenty not. Primarily because I am very active in positng my disagreement with many of the posts here that claim we are doing these great things that we are not doing. I call it like I see it. This has gone on and frankly it is gotten to the point to where I don't enjoy this forum half as much as I use to. The sad thing is that I have made some good friends here. Starting with AJ who I have had the pleasure of attending a game with, to Michelle, to Oliver and several more that I went to games with this past year. The thing is I am not a negative person. I am a fun loving, happy, Fin Finatic. I think these people who have actually met me can vouch for me.

Anyway the main reason I appear to be SO negative is because I post frequently here, and there are SO many posts touting our achievements I found myself responding to all of them. Of course then this becomes a large volume of posts on the unpopular side.

So I have decided to lay down my sword, and be a FA aquisition for the hopeful Miami fans. Now understand I do not feel differently about what we have done, and about what our problems still are or how I feel it will turn out. I am real and that will never change. However, I have decided to accept our path as the one we are on and to explore the areas of opportunity out there. I will not respond in the same fashion or frequency as before but will not lie or BS. If a thread is discussing an opinion on something I will state my honest position in a less threatning and be more brief.

I have been a member here for quite some time. I feel I have written some good stuff for the site, and I have been an avid supporter. I am hoping that this will allow me to enjoy this all as much as I did and hopefully it will allow many of you to enjoy what I bring from a knowledge and passion standpoint. I am passionate about the team and that truly is the driving force behind my harsh criticism as I want more for them and for us. I see some realities that are just indisputable. But I will leave them where they are now...back in the 2003 season.

So ladies and gentlemen, now starting for the finheaven.com team at the position of writer, friend. and hopefully better received premium member...FIN-ATIC!

F-A, if I may, to hell with trying to keep up with the Joneses. just be yourself and if you try to "change" your style, you'll likely not come across to anyone the way you intended it. Anywa, i feel ya and know what you go thru as i do quite often myself. I try to base my opinion/s on recent history and the current changes being made as to "if we're really better off now" than we were and also as to just how much better/worse, etc. I look at that as being quite realistic. Sure we all want us to win everygame and the SB, but setting unrealistic, unattainable goals is simply the "blind homerism". Even alot of those folks know deep inside that it really is unlikely to happen, but they preach it anyway, which really is fine with me. but one thing that pizzes me off in a heartbeat is when someone beats ya down for being wrong about som'n. Not that by itself cuz if you're proven wrong and realize it, you just admit to it, apologize and move on. but when you've been beat down about som'n and then prove to them that THEY were the one in error, they don't have balls enough to even acknowledge their mistake and just let it "blow on over". those kind of characters are the ones i have absolutely no repsect for. There's no shame in being wrong as long as you own up to it.
hang in there buddy and just be your old self !! ;)

Originally posted by fin-atic
...So I have decided to lay down my sword, and be a FA aquisition for the hopeful Miami fans...
The sword was never meant to be used against your own team. That requires a more reasonable approach... as a surgeon uses to heal a sick patient...not to put him out of his misery.

The sword is meant for the Jets, Patsies, Bills...and the like. Pick that sword up and swing it in the right direction.

There are certain people (inFINSible, fin-atic, DrAstroZoom, Justasportsfan, Bazinet37, MDFINFAN, Muck, DeDolfan, BLITZKRIEG, CirclingWagons {RIP}, ckparrothead, dolphan39, dolfan06) that make this board what it is - the BEST MIAMI DOPLHINS BOARD on the internet.

Although I often read threads and posts by everyone, there are only a handful of members that are consistent and always "Bring-It" to the Forum on a daily basis. Many times I will stop during a thread and ponder to myself - "What in the hell is (insert member name here) thinking, talking about or saying. Man he/she has really gone off on the deep-end this time". Then I remember that this is a Fin-Fan Based Forum, frequented by ALL NFL Teams. 95 Percent of what is expressed on this board is nothing more than opinions.

If I don't like what you are writing- I will disregard the comments! If you don't like what I write - either ignore me or just skip over my post. If we were all in agreement on this board, there would be nothing to talk about, and it would be rather boring (my opinion).

No one should conform to what everyone else wants - unless mandated by the TOS. Personally, I hate TOS #11 - I had to get rid of my sweet Avatar.

We all need to remember this:

Opinions are like butt holes. Everybody has one, and they all stink!

Bring It!

Originally posted by BigFinFan
There are certain people (inFINSible, fin-atic, DrAstroZoom, Justasportsfan, Bazinet37, MDFINFAN, Muck, DeDolfan, BLITZKRIEG, CirclingWagons {RIP}, ckparrothead, dolphan39, dolfan06) that make this board what it is - the BEST MIAMI DOPLHINS BOARD on the internet.

Although I often read threads and posts by everyone, there are only a handful of members that are consistent and always "Bring-It" to the Forum on a daily basis. Many times I will stop during a thread and ponder to myself - "What in the hell is (insert member name here) thinking, talking about or saying. Man he/she has really gone off on the deep-end this time". Then I remember that this is a Fin-Fan Based Forum, frequented by ALL NFL Teams. 95 Percent of what is expressed on this board is nothing more than opinions.

If I don't like what you are writing- I will disregard the comments! If you don't like what I write - either ignore me or just skip over my post. If we were all in agreement on this board, there would be nothing to talk about, and it would be rather boring (my opinion).

No one should conform to what everyone else wants - unless mandated by the TOS. Personally, I hate TOS #11 - I had to get rid of my sweet Avatar.

We all need to remember this:

Opinions are like butt holes. Everybody has one, and they all stink!

Bring It!

The props are appreciated, very much so. I think we all only try to express our views the best way we can/know how. Obviously, some are better writers than others and i don't think of myself as a particularly good one at that. one thing that is hard to dop is be able to put things in proper context on a keyboard. one cannot put that personal feeling into it as they can in personal conversations. I know that i sometimes really get ticked off by that and have to "make myself" try to remeber that. All these smilies help in that regard tho. But i realize that sometimes. hell, even alot of times for that matter, i may come off like a big ******** or som'n, but it is never intended. It's that for me, i know what i want to say and just can not express it properly into words. for that much, i must apologize but if there is one thing that i know i AM right about is meeting folks. What I mean by that is getting the chance to personally meet a board mate. In the past, I used to have certain reservations about meeting someone cuz he's just an ******* or whatever. But I'm telling everyone that it is quite rewarding. I've met several folks over time during my teks to Finland and have never regretted either one. Matter of fact, i look forward to it as often as I can. When you get the opportunity to do so, go for it. The real fun part comes when you always try to "peg" this person and once you meet them, is a whole other game then. But for me, Ive spent so much time on here lately cuz I'm sitting at home recuperating from achilles surgery but i hope to make it down to Finland next month for a couple weeks or so. Then again, of course for most of the home games in the fall. Thanks again!! :)

You like me ... you really like me!!!! :sniff:

This is a great board, and I give props to EVERYONE who speaks out on it -- and especially AJ for being Dolphin Web God.

Listen Fin-atic, I enjoy your posts, and we've got in some spitting fights with other members, but if you flake on me now...

Dude, it's not about being popular. I'm adiment about sticking up for Rivers if he's there, a VERY unpopular stance right now, as the board is obviously very taken with the Hogs in this draft, but I do it because that's what I think should be done. He'll we could write novels on the arguments that role through here, and more often than not, your one of the few that backs me up. I ain't changin, you shouldn't either.

Okay enough of this. I will be the same old Fin-atic with a measure of restraint . I think if I at least start posting some positves (and there are some) then it will help balance out the negatives. O)nce again thanks to the many of you who have said many good things.

I didn't intend for this to become the lengthy discussion that it has. However, considering the hot tempers and frustrations I was starting to see on this board, maybe it was timely. Everyone got a chance to purge and get it out on the table. Maybe we can now turn to the focus of the team and get back to being fans.

We are all on the same side even though we may not aqree. Happy 2004 to everyone.

Originally posted by BigFinFan

That it most certainly is!!! This is the coolest place I've ever been a member of. It's the reason I basically left the official board after several years of loyal service. I still go there from time to time, but it's lame compared to this place!!!

FINHEAVEN RULES!!!

PS. Thanks for the props.:) Very cool of you. Let's get a brewski. :drinkers:

PHINZ RULE!!!:cpatch:

Originally posted by DENVERDOLFAN
Infins - you are one of my favorite posters here and I'm not trying to take sides at all but ... although I've never met Fin-atic he did try to look me up when he was in Denver to go watch the game together so I know he is a true fin fan. He may get a little to negative from time to time, and it's hard to know how people really mean there comments to be taken when you can't see their expressions, but in my limited p.m.'s with him he seems like a pretty good guy. I don't think he would write this thread if he didn't care what you or I thought of him. Maybe give the guy a second (or third or whatever) chance.
Not a problem Denver...I've heard good things about him too. Both jaydog and Michelle said he was a real nice, funny guy...Fun to be around.

I'd like to see that here sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom