New Hardware and Software Drive | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Hardware and Software Drive

Even though it already hit the goal I just donated.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Just out of curiosity, what are the monthly operational costs for the site? If you can't divulge that no worries.

:brewskis: Thanks!

Henrik or Bill would be the one to ask about that. But I do know its a lot more than the ad revenue, especially in the offseason

Just a quick update, with the generosity you guys showed us, we hit our goal and then some! so... right now we're cooking up a special badge for the members who made it possible to upgrade our hardware and software. also of course vip subs and super donator subs will be forthcoming.

Damnit. I wanted to throw down some loot. Badges rule.

Quick update, by far you guys have exceeded our expectations, so much so that some of your generosity is going towards a few features that we think will improve user experience on the new forum.

Also as an added bonus, i've gone through the donators list, and if you donated 5 or more i've bumped your vip accordingly. I've even gone back and added some vip time to previous donators. those of you who already are vip, i'll get your time updated sometime in the next week.

Even though it already hit the goal I just donated.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Just out of curiosity, what are the monthly operational costs for the site? If you can't divulge that no worries.

everything i've ever cared to ask about cost indicates that it's around 650 a month for the bandwidth and server rental that finheaven draws. what really hurts is the lack of VIP subs and the fact that as far as advertising goes, many people employ ad blockers so our ad revenue stream isn't as good as it used to be which means we have to rely on vip subs (oops) and generosity.

Bill, yesterday I couldn't access this site the first half of the day. Was something going on? It literally wouldn't load for me in any browser I tried.

There should not have been any issues yesterday. Two days ago I made a major database import to the new forum but that should not have affected you yesterday.

Did anyone else notice anything?

Problems early yesterday from my home PC using Chrome. Did not check later in the day and it appears to be working fine now.

There should not have been any issues yesterday. Two days ago I made a major database import to the new forum but that should not have affected you yesterday.

Did anyone else notice anything?

I primarily use Safari on my phone for FH and it wouldn't load. I tried using Chrome next and same issue. I then went to IE on my PC and it would load but then would crash.

It's been fine for me since midday or early afternoon yesterday. I was just curious as to what was up.

Just a heads up on where we are at...

All threads and posts transferred correctly to the new forum.
You can view it at http://xen.finheaven.com/forum using your same login details as here. The posts are about a week old as that is when we did the import. Please feel free to test it out and give us some feedback. Just remember anything that you post there will disappear when we do the final move. The Thanks did not transfer and I am writing a specific program to have those transferred.

We are currently evaluating some software for the front page. Wordpress seems to be the obvious choice but also a fairly un-secure solution. We will test a few before making our final decision.

Again, a huge thank you to everyone that has helped out with donations making this all possible! You guys rock!!!

Those Tennessee Titan colors need to be changed :lol: . Looks like a good layout, it will take awhile to get used to it though.

Back
Top Bottom