New Hardware and Software Drive | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Hardware and Software Drive

Just a heads up on where we are at...

All threads and posts transferred correctly to the new forum.
You can view it at http://xen.finheaven.com/forum using your same login details as here. The posts are about a week old as that is when we did the import. Please feel free to test it out and give us some feedback. Just remember anything that you post there will disappear when we do the final move. The Thanks did not transfer and I am writing a specific program to have those transferred.

We are currently evaluating some software for the front page. Wordpress seems to be the obvious choice but also a fairly un-secure solution. We will test a few before making our final decision.

Again, a huge thank you to everyone that has helped out with donations making this all possible! You guys rock!!!

Xenforo alerts on fh? :brewskis:

Works great on mobile as expected. Thanks for putting in all this work, I know that it has no doubt been a big job

It looks like one or two of the things that I thought were part of the core xenforo experience are actually addons, but that is no big deal.

I see that the media feature doesn't include twitter yet, when you add this in would it be possible to set it up so that you can put in https://twitter.com/Dave_GeorgePBP/status/842468002725519360 instead of 842468002725519360 ?

The two step verification system is a nice feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who 90% of the time browses FH on my phone I keep banging on about how great this update is going to be for those who use mobiles, seriously you will never need to use tapatalk again. Some dont get this so here are some screenshots I took on my phone:

Please keep in mind this is only how it looks on a phone and that Henrik and Bill could make a lot of changes before it goes live.

The draft forum on current software:
N2lYpoc.png

The draft forum after the upgrade:
nIBf4ug.png

Here is how a very wordy thread looks on my mobile atm (not fun):

H607IR8.png

Here is the same thread on the new software:
xMP0y3f.png

These changes may not look huge, but on a small phone screen? IMO it represents a significant quality of life upgrade

Very cool. I used Tapatalk because of how obnoxious the site was in Safari on my phone. I made my donation but I'm kind of used to Tapatalk now. Do you guys get less advertising revenue from someone using it? What benefits you guys more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easter donation. This $20 is a much better investment to me than VIP dues, which installs that insidious Mobil Chat window that is permanent at the bottom of every page. No help getting rid of it , either, so i just didn't renew VIP and that mercifully killed the chat alert window. For Heaven's sake, everyone knows that chat is available with vip, so we don't need an invasive window that can't be deleted.

Thanks for the donation brother. That chat button is a small price to pay for not having to see ads don't you think ?
Personal I like the chat feature and the ability to send instant messages.

They are changing some of the features with the new software so you might like it.
If you change your mind let us know and we'll make it for a VIP membership.

Easter donation. This $20 is a much better investment to me than VIP dues, which installs that insidious Mobil Chat window that is permanent at the bottom of every page. No help getting rid of it , either, so i just didn't renew VIP and that mercifully killed the chat alert window. For Heaven's sake, everyone knows that chat is available with vip, so we don't need an invasive window that can't be deleted.

We have a upgraded the chat app now and I can have it disabled for you if you so wish.

Back
Top Bottom