Nfl draft big board top 32

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by futurescout, Jan 4, 2014.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. futurescout

futurescout Well-Known Member

1. CJ Mosley LB Alabama

2. Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State

3. Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M

4. Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina

5. Marqise Lee WR USC

6. Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech

7. Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

8. Greg Robinson OT/G Auburn

9. Dominique Easley DT Florida

10. Derek Carr QB Fresno State

11. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

12. Stephon Tuitt DE/DT Notre Dame

13. Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State

14. Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington

15. Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU

16. Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville

17. Vic Beasley DE/OLB Clemson

18. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon

19. Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State

20. Michael Sam DE Missouri

21. Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

22. Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo

23. Zack Martin G Notre Dame

24. Anthony Barr OLB UCLA

25. Blake Bortles QB UCF

26. Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida

27. Cedric Ogbuehi OT/G Texas A&M

28. Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor

29. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix FS Alabama

30. Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

31. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt

32. Lamarcus Joyner DB FSU

2. jlfin

jlfin old pro

CJ Mosley is a good player, but I was not overly impressed with him in the Sugar Bowl. I've seen him listed at 232, which seems a little undersized to me.

3. futurescout

It's a passing league now and his ability in pass coverage is outstanding. Look for him to have a similar impact to Luke Kuechly or Lavante David. Personally reminds me of NaVarro Bowman

4. ProStyle

ProStyle Well-Known Member

CJ Mosley is really good, I am not going to disagree with your choice here. I do see some names I think should not be in top 32, Lache Seastrunk, ASJ. Blake Bortles is too low. While he may not be the best pure passer, his decision making is excellent. Kyle Fuller DB should have made top 32, if Dennard was #2 overall and Joyner made the list.

5. futurescout

In these rankings I balanced out every position as much as I could. I think Bortles will be a pretty good- average starting QB. I see more Jake Locker then Andrew Luck. He will never be ~ the top 10-12 QBs in the league. As for Fuller, I am a fan but he struggles in press. I have him in the top 50 range. Good player, good ball skills.

6. ProStyle

Yeah, I will have to disagree with you. I do not think Bortles resembles Locker in any way. Bortles is better at just about everything, from presnap reads, through processing of information, pcoket navigation and comfort, delivery, everything.

7. futurescout

I agree with everything that is underlined. There are no real similarities between them, and I wasn't trying to compare the two in anyway. I was simply trying to say I don't feel he will ever be close to being one of the best 10 quarterbacks in the NFL, and think he will be in that 15-25 range his whole career.

8. ProStyle

OK that's fine. My feeling on 15-25 is that those are QBs you misidentified as potential SB-leading QB and are looking to replace with a potential top 5 as soon as you get the chance. I am much more bullish on Bortles than other QBs rated high, other than Manziel who is utterly outside of norms. I feel Bortles has potential to be SB contending QB, much like some of the QBs we see in the playoffs, like Smith.

I also see you have Easley as the only DT worthy of top 32 grade, and he is fairly high in your ranking. I find that cool. But it let's me know that you are not high on Aaron Donald and Anthony Johnson who are also disruptive high energy DTs. I guess you do not feel they use their hands as well as Easley to be rated top 32.

9. silverfin

silverfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Ekpre-Olomu went back to school.

No Cam Erving??

Agree with having Mack above Barr, but Mack needs to be higher. IMO.

Sammy Watkins looks like the best WR in this class to me.

Nice job.

10. futurescout

I could definitely see Bortles being a Eli Manning- Joe Flacco type QB (less interceptions probably) Easley has the best motor of any defensive lineman I have ever evaluated. As well as the best get off. Johnson is strictly a 3 tech and his motor runs hot and cold. Donald might only be an interior nickel rusher. He struggles to hold the point with his smallish size (and probably short arms) whereas Easley can play any spot on the DLine in any scheme 4-3 or 3-4 aside from a 3-4 Nose Tackle.

11. futurescout

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...regon-cb-ifo-ekpreolomu-no-draft-decision-yet

Erving is way overrated. Mack is a good role player on a good defense but is not a pro bowl caliber player. Bucky Brooks said it best in his scouting report that he is more an Ahmad Brooks of the 49ers type player than he is a Von Miller type player.

12. ProStyle

I agree, Easley is a motor and punch guy. But, he spends way too much time on the grass for my liking. I see Easley as hot and cold. When he is on this feet he is burning hot, but when he lays on the grass he is cold turkey. I would characterize Easley as hot and cold. The other two are not like that as far as I can see..

13. silverfin

Fair game on Ekpre-Olomu. Must have missed that.

Have to disagree on Erving. Sure his technique needs refinement but scouts are going to go crazy over his athleticism...

14. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Watkins as the #3 WR in the draft is a hard sell. Nothing against Lee or Evans, but Watkins is the more explosive athlete, and he can beat you in more ways. I think the two best RB's in the draft are Jeremy Hill and Melvin Gordon. At this point, I wouldn't put any other RB's in the top 32. Despite issues with his stature, I think Manziel has done enough to be in the top 32 - without needing too much argument. I'd place him in the top 10, but that would require more backing.

I like that you have Robinson as the 2nd best OT - though I think you're a little low on some of the other OT's.

Anyway, solid effort. Welcome, and I hope you're a regular contributor to the draft forum.

15. finsfanjay13

finsfanjay13 Rookie Donator

Gordon is staying at Wisconsin. Hill hasn't said either way. All I know is that if one is in need of a RB, stop-gap until next year. That class is looking to be damn deep.

16. j-off-her-doll

That's right. I forgot about Gordon. Think it's a mistake on his part, but ah well. Based on what I've heard/read, it seems pretty certain that Hill will enter the draft. If he comes back, it'll be to spend a year as a good citizen - if he learns that's a legitimate concern. He's proved everything he needs to as a player. 1st RD talent all the way.

17. finsfanjay13

finsfanjay13 Rookie Donator

Agreed with everything. If he comes out, I think he's top RB this year.

18. j-off-her-doll

The RB's and WR's from this draft and last are flipped in one key area - physicality. Last season, the draft was deep with quick, smallish WR's, but there were very few good, physically imposing WR's. This season, it's loaded with big, strong, really good WR's. Last season there were multiple RB's who were 210+, and a solid number of them were good. This season, Hill really stands out for his physicality in an otherwise small class. To me, that's what we're missing in our running game. I said before the season - or maybe early in the season - that we should contact the Saints about Mark Ingram, because - to that point - they weren't getting the value out of him that they should. Obviously, I don't know what it would have taken to pry away Ingram, but he's the kind of back we're lacking.

But I agree that we should look to upgrade the RB position.

19. futurescout

I think Sammy Watkins is going to be a very, very good receiver. Nothing against him being #3 just the fact that I believe Marqise Lee and Mike Evans will be superior players. Jeremy Hill will never be a Miami Dolphins as long as Philbin is the head coach. Battery charge over the past off-season and he had some sexual charge out of high school. Melvin Gordon made a MAJOR mistake by not declaring. Next year's RB class will have Georgia's Todd Gurley, South Carolina's Mike Davis, Alabama's TJ Yeldon, Miami's Duke Johnson.. etc. Gordon would have easily been the top RB drafted this year, now he may not even be picked on Day 2 due to the rare strength of next year's running back class. Thanks for the welcome and I will be a regular in the draft forum. I am in the process of position rankings now.

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

mosley as the top player in the class...wow...i have some reservations about his run defense and getting off blocks but i think his instincts are very good and it's critical in lbs and agree his coverage skills are very good...i dont think he will be the enforcer that a navarro bowman is...not that physical not that level thudder...a little light also...may be more a wolb pro

i don't see it with bortles...i see a bail tendency against inside pressure that throws off his accuracy...he bails out...the arms ok nothing special and i see a lot of throws off his back foot...

teddy bridgewater is the top qb in this class imo and the only one i would pound the table for...his presnap reads are damn good and he climbs the pocket very well already against wide pressure...like his footwork and he can throw with paste and accuracy rolling to his strong or weak side...a pocket qb who's slightly built but can add good weight...

too high on mike evans...vincent jackson comparisons that i see are lazy...doesnt have long speed...big body that outmuscles smaller dbs...gets off the los pretty well for a big guy but the separation he gets is from pushing off and ripping thru...all depends on what they let him get away with at the next level...wouldn't surprise me if he times very slow

21. futurescout

He is listed at 6'3 196lbs... that concerns me a lot... He is probably 6'1 1/2-6'2 and 190.. He has had some minor injuries at Louisville. I think Teddy can be a pretty good starting QB but I don't think he is in the same league as Tannehill. I agree with you on Bortles.. I think his ceiling is a Joe Flacco caliber starting QB (not comparing the players at all, just saying from a talent perspective) and his floor is a Christian Ponder type (again, not comparing Bortles to anyone). I think Mosley is much more physical than you give him credit for. He may be slightly undersized at 232 but he can lay the wood.

22. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i loved lavonte david when he came out if i had the choice as a prospect i would choose him over moseley...bridgewater is slight no doubt but his game isn't built around one read and take off or playing to contact...i guess we will see what he measures out at but off what i see if i'm houston teddy bridgewater come on down...

mosley will strike you i get that but bowman crushes you...

i'm glad to see someone else doesn't feel anthony barr warrants a top 5 pick...i don't see the explosion and burst off the edge to justify it...34 olb all the way i like mack more pass rush tools wise real strength in his hands and explosion off the ball...both destined to be 34 olbs not strong enough vs the run at the poa to be 43 ends

23. futurescout

My biggest issue with Barr is that I don't know where he would play. I will give him credit for having an outstanding motor, but his instincts are very poor, and he struggles to hold the point, or set the edge. I see him as a Bruce Irvin type prospect. I see his only fit is as a nickel rusher. He can bend and run the hoop, but lacks an inside counter move when tackles overset, and doesn't convert speed to power like Mack can do. I think Barr is still a first round pick, and the best thing to due might have him slowly bulk up to 260 and put his hand in the ground. But to me, playing him on 1st and 2nd down at this point, he would be a liability. Has the athletic ability to play in space, but lacks the instincts and awareness.

24. hoops

hoops exited stage left

that's part of the problem with dion jordan right now on the edge vs tackles...he has no counter or redirect back inside rush move...all wide speed around the edge and dip the shoulder or bull rush...

jordan also needs to get off the snap better...once he starts he's explosive but he's late off the ball...

25. futurescout

I would argue that Jordan is superior in every category outside of motor and pursuit. He had a torn labrum and those things suck. I just had one. He needs time to recover so he can bulk into the 260-270 range. He can stack against the run he actually has pretty good power for his build. But yeah he definitely needs to add an inside counter. Club-swim or spin move.

26. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

guess im gonna stop talkin up seferian jenkins.....whoof.

27. futurescout

why?

28. silverfin

Surprised to see no Louis Nix on this list...

29. futurescout

Watched about 5 games and 2 cut-ups. Not really impressed. Nowhere near Star Lotuelei or Dontari Poe from the past 2 years, who were both top 15 picks. He may very well get drafted in the 1st round I have him in the 50-64 range.

30. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

Why do you have Seastrunk over Andre Williams? I feel like we could have a dangerous backfield with Millers quickness and Williams' outstanding power, he is an absolute bruiser.

31. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

I couldn't take Carr above Bridgewater or Bortles. Never sold on his brother and the same applies to him. Accuracy issues and I fear his release will drop lower and lower. The Mountain West is historically inept in pass defense, inflating numbers and impression. More than half the teams allowed 7.8 YPA or higher. USC was nothing special this year but Carr did little early and allowed USC to take an insurmountable lead.

Too bad Sammy Watkins stood out in the Orange Bowl. I was hoping he might drop to the Dolphins' spot, or near enough for a cheap trade up. If we can move up for a projection like Dion Jordan I don't see why we wouldn't target a flash and snag guy like Watkins, who could transform the energy level of the entire offense. A guy like that isn't going to stand around and allow a bunch of mediocrities to be content with zero points on the scoreboard.

32. futurescout

Andre Williams can't play on 3rd down. 10 career catches and ZERO this year.

33. futurescout

To each is own, but USC is VERY good up front. Leonard Williams will be a top 10 draft pick in 2015. George Uko is a late day 2 early day 3 guy. Carr had no time the entre game but made some very impressive throws. He is gonna dominate the Senior Bowl.

34. ProStyle

IMO Bortles and Manziel are top 5 must have prospects, when it comes to talent and creating mismatches against opposition. Bridgewater and Carr do not come close.

35. futurescout

What is Manziel without 3 top 15 picks at Offensive Tackle, and a top 15 WR? He has bust written all over him. The time he gets in the pocket is ridiculous. Not gonna be able to run around and play sandlot at the NFL. NFL is about winning in the pocket, always has been, always will be. Can't rely on improv, it's too random.

36. ProStyle

Manziel is a matchup nightmare. First, he is a QB; second, he has great football IQ, he is a great football player; third, he destroys every defensive game plan. You have teams spending $50 mil on pass rush, they will scheme blitzes, and he throws all that down the drain. You can't sack him. His best plays are on the move. He is defensive nightmare.

37. futurescout

Not dedicated enough to football to succeed at the quarterback position in the NFL.

38. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Does your affiliation with KC temper your ratings? I mean, do you look at players differently as to how they fit in KC or is this as neutral as you can be? I'm not suggesting anything, just curious.

39. futurescout

I don't grade anyone higher or lower because of KC's WCO or 3-4 D. I simply try to grade every player and position evenly. I'm a Dolphins fan through and through, one day I want to work in the scouting department here. Having said that it is an amazing opportunity, and if they can have some sustained success it would help me climb the ladder so to speak.

40. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Ok. I was wondering, because I'm sure some scouts tailor their report depending on what the team runs, or maybe produces a secondary list/blue markups or whatever. Great opportunity for you.

41. futurescout

every scout tailors towards fits for their respective teams, but considering I may not intern until 2015 I just thought it would be best to make it general

42. Kebo

Kebo I'm your huckleberry

Manziel is Fran Tarkenton.

43. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

What's so great about Tuitt...not seeing it. What sticks out to you? I don't agree with more than a few of your rankings, but definitely like a fresh look and a different perspective which you're offering. Seem low on Mack too, who I really like. Also Hageman?

44. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Because according to this, he is ranked way higher than other sites. I would like to keep him somewhat a secret for 1st round.

45. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

When you think how many DEs and DTs are usually taken in round 1, it's pretty interesting to see how little consensus there is over whether anyone is a worthy first-rounder. I like Easley a lot I have to say, but he's torn both ACLs now and that has to be a concern. Donald can be unblockable in college, but I agree he could end up only being a nickel rotation player in the pros. DaQuan Jones is a guy I like a lot, but you'd struggle to put him in Round 1 territory.

It's really not a deep class for d-line at all.

I want to like Derek Carr (love the tools, the arm, the winning mentality), but I can't get enthusiastic about him as a high first round talent. I certainly would be very nervous drafting him to start in the coming season. He gets too pumped up and starts overthrowing everything. Way to jittery a player for me, not sufficiently in control of the adrenaline. When the NFL-level heat comes on, I don't like the thought of how that natural "nervous energy" would manifest itself. With a clipboard in his hands for a season or so he might calm down, but then I wouldn't be taking him in the top 10, or top 20 for that matter.

46. futurescout

this list was from before bowl season.. I am in the processing of updating it now and it looks a bit different. Will post a new thread by the end of the week. Thanks.

47. ProStyle

Looks like a prototype 3-4 DE, unique in that sense in this draft class, and has some playmaking ability.

48. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

Like he's a nice guy to have, he'll etch out a nice long career but he doesn't have the explosiveness or versatility to warrant where he's getting pegged IMO. He's a top 15 guy most everywhere I've looked, to me he reminds me of a Kendall Langford type prospect. Really underwhelmed with his tape, no he put on some weight in his senior year after an injury but still.