nfl draft rumors | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nfl draft rumors

evidently daniel thomas will not run today at the k state pro day...still got a hammy issue...some rumors that there are teams that have ot james carpenter with a early 2nd round grade...

Wow, Phil Taylor a top 10 pick? Guess that extra year really paid off for him.

Disappointing to read about Titus Young's demeanor.

and Taylor's off field issues were overblown. IIRC he had one incident where he got in trouble for getting in a fight at a party, but he was suspended and kicked off the team as a scape goat because a lot of PSU players (really not that many, but there were a couple incidents all around the same time).

this isn't rumor but evidently fact...mike lombardi says robert quinn has a benign brain tumor he's been dealing with since high school...so i would have to think some teams at least will have a medical red flag/questions there

i'd still take him without blinking an eye

I have a bad feeling Ireland will trade down, get a late 2nd rounder for moving down to the end of the 1st, and then draft Kaepernick with the late 1st and DJ Williams with the late 2nd. I think DJ Williams will be okay but I'm not sold on Kaepernick at all.

The better move would be to just draft Mallett or Locker at 15 (whichever one is still available) but Ireland will probably try to get cute. This will be just like last year when we passed on elite guys (like Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas) for a couple of JAGs (just another guy) in Odrick and Misi. Ireland likes quantity over quality b/c he doesn't have conviction for elite talent.

I think that sometimes we all get caught up in the hype of palyers. In the NFL Quantity of picks usually works out better than higher picks. The averages of hitting on a player are the same everywhere in the draft. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th round have the most value. If trading our first nets us a later 1st and a late 2nd and we get 2 chances to hit on a great player I'll take that any day. There are more than 10 elite players in college football that are going to get drafted. Honestly Adrian Peterson considered a can't miss talent ran for less yards than an undrafted free agent. Gholston couldn't hit the field and Wake was 3rd in sacks. This is not a science, 1+1 does not equal 2.

I think that sometimes we all get caught up in the hype of palyers. In the NFL Quantity of picks usually works out better than higher picks. The averages of hitting on a player are the same everywhere in the draft. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th round have the most value. If trading our first nets us a later 1st and a late 2nd and we get 2 chances to hit on a great player I'll take that any day. There are more than 10 elite players in college football that are going to get drafted. Honestly Adrian Peterson considered a can't miss talent ran for less yards than an undrafted free agent. Gholston couldn't hit the field and Wake was 3rd in sacks. This is not a science, 1+1 does not equal 2.

This is completely untrue.

mike lombardi says that the redskins are looking to trade down and have made teams around the league aware the #10 pick is available

more rumors including bomb shells on blaine gabbert and cam newton...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-draft-rumors-8838.html

I'm not sure any of that is a bombshell.. I always figured that Blaine Gabbert was handling this entire evaluation process like he was the clear-cut #1 quarterback in this draft... Yeah... based on what? It damn sure ain't based off game film..

The kid hasn't even competed... he's been hiding. I always thought it was risky for Gabbert to do nothing. If he's that good, prove it.

None of it involving Scam Newton is shocker either... So many people fall for that flashy smile he puts on for the cameras.. If you ever watched him play enough there's no way you could miss him blowing kisses to himself, skipping around like a teenage girl, etc..

There's a LOT of people in and around college football who had both of the Knewtons nailed a while back... These NFL scouts are only learning what quite a few people have known for a long time..

Last edited by a moderator:
No thanks to Newton for me..i know alot of people like him,phin fans included,but i don't want any part of him,and i hope our FO&Coaching Staff doesn't either...

Yeah, those rumors are almost wholly negative. Smells like a bunch of smokescreens to me.

Back
Top Bottom