nfl draft rumors | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nfl draft rumors

Thank god the draft is nearing. As much as I love the discussion and breakdown of players. The rumors about the type of guy a player might or might not be gets really old. There are a very small number of people on this site (and they know who they are) who have more information than the general public when it comes to these players as people. I'm not one of them. We'll see how teams really feel about all these character issues come draft day.

Yeah, those rumors are almost wholly negative. Smells like a bunch of smokescreens to me.

maybe so...but i don't think its too much of a stretch to think that cam newton may carry himself differently when no cameras are around...universal drafts newton break down with accounts from people around cam would seem to say different though

i can still see it as very possible

maybe so...but i don't think its too much of a stretch to think that cam newton may carry himself differently when no cameras are around...universal drafts newton break down with accounts from people around cam would seem to say different though

i can still see it as very possible

That's why it would be such an effective way to sabotage the guy, because the very act of observing him would change his behavior. Plus it fits within the realm of things we're all willing to believe about him.

That's right, I just compared scouting Cam Newton to particle physics.

At the end of the day, all of these guys are different with the cameras off of them. To a man, the Dolphins players all say Chad Henne is a jokester behind closed doors, whereas with a camera on him he has all the personality of cement. We've all heard what people like Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning are like behind closed doors. Manning, in particular, is as disingenuous as they come.

I'm not as much a fan of Bunting's "draft rumors" column as I am of some others. Either his sources aren't particularly good (or not high up enough in their organizations that their opinions are representative of what their teams are thinking), or they're using him at times to throw ink in the water.

I'd be weary of moving out of the #28 spot. There's going to be a lot of left over high-end talent there. But, the Patriots love moving.

I'd be weary of moving out of the #28 spot. There's going to be a lot of left over high-end talent there. But, the Patriots love moving.

I wonder if they are trying to stockpile picks for the next draft. I don't pay enough attention, but I've been hearing that it is going to be stocked in QB talent. Brady turns 33 or 34 this year. It would be a genius move for them to draft an elite prospect, sit him behind Brady for a few years, then let him take over. Some team would give a 2nd-3rd round pick for a 36-37 year old Brady...

so what we know is that washington at #10 is looking to get out and the pats at #28 are willing to deal...i've seen nothing to date that miami is shopping pick #15

I think that sometimes we all get caught up in the hype of palyers. In the NFL Quantity of picks usually works out better than higher picks. The averages of hitting on a player are the same everywhere in the draft. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th round have the most value. If trading our first nets us a later 1st and a late 2nd and we get 2 chances to hit on a great player I'll take that any day.

That is such a pile of poop.

Because the same holds true every year. Everyone always gets hyped up over 2nd and 3rd round prospects. The truth always remains that the best prospects are at the top, and that the middle range extends well past the 2nd and 3rd round.

For example, here is the number of Probowlers by round from 2000 to 2008:

1st: 83
2nd: 33
3rd: 14
4th: 12
5th: 10
6th-7th: 14

And of the 2nd round 14 of those picks were taken between 33 and 40. So that leaves only 19 Pro Bowlers from picks 41-64 of the 2nd round.

So in those drafts there were 97 pro bowlers taken in the top 40 picks, 19 taken between 41 and 64, 14 in the 3rd, 12 in the 4th, and 10 in the 5th.

There isn't much difference between the middle of the 2nd through the 5th round, and there is a great imbalance towards the top of the draft.

IMO its good value to trade up within the top 40, and trade down in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to pick up as many picks in the 4th and 5th rounds as you can. But its not worth it to trade out of those top 40 picks to stockpile on 2nd and 3rd rounders. The caveat being, of course, to avoid the top 5 whenever possible unless there is an elite talent.

mayock today on path to the draft "i would not draft nick fairley in the 1st round" referenced he's a 1 year wonder says there are concerns about his work ethic and toughness

i told you guys this cat was buyer beware...

Wtf, I understand not top 5. But I would most definitely take Fairley with picks 10-32.

Wtf, I understand not top 5. But I would most definitely take Fairley with picks 10-32.

These draftniks throw the out the term "I wouldn't draft him in the first round" much too loosely. Mayock needs to stay away from the DL portion of the evaluations, because that McCoy over Suh prediction is still following him around today. I can respect not top 5 as well . . . but Fairley was arguably the most dominant DLineman in college football last year . . . how don't you take this guy in the top 32?

Back
Top Bottom