NFL free agent Kirk Cousins vs. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: Who’s better? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL free agent Kirk Cousins vs. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: Who’s better?

Also Marcus Mariota is terrible.

Winston is more abysmal than good.

Keenum is a bad qb in a great situation and will get exposed without Shumur.

Derek Carr's OL finally came back down to earth and he was terrible this year.

Dak is not good, at all.

Goff was ok this year.

Someone in another thread posted Carr's and Tannehills numbers their 1st 4 years in the league to show Carr wasn't far superior. I shall now attempt to do the same. Here are their numbers the 1st 3 years.

Mariota 61.8% 58TD 34int 88.6 rating 7.4y/a-record 20-22
Tannehill 61.9% 63TD 42int 84.0 rating 6.8y/a-record 23-25
Winston 60.8% 69TD 44int 82.2 rating 7.5y/a-record 18-27

I think all 3 are solid QB's who were or are in bad situations.

Someone in another thread posted Carr's and Tannehills numbers their 1st 4 years in the league to show Carr wasn't far superior. I shall now attempt to do the same. Here are their numbers the 1st 3 years.

Mariota 61.8% 58TD 34int 88.6 rating 7.4y/a-record 20-22
Tannehill 61.9% 63TD 42int 84.0 rating 6.8y/a-record 23-25
Winston 60.8% 69TD 44int 82.2 rating 7.5y/a-record 18-27

I think all 3 are solid QB's who were or are in bad situations.
Which one was sacked the most?

Most would agree that Cousin's is the better QB. Tannehill just fits Miami's style much better.

Yes Tannehill fits the Dolphins style of losing much better for sure.

When Tannehill proves you wrong (again), I hope you have the decency to not enjoy the team’s success. I’m sure you were all in during the run to the playoffs in 2016. All you haters were very quiet then, only to scurry back out after he got hurt. If the contrast between 2016 and 2017 didn’t teach you anything, you’re what’s called untrainable.

Lol you always default to that. Dare somebody call him what he is: middle of the road. If somebody dare says that, you claim them to not be a Dolphins fan and to cheer for the team's demise. OF COURSE I WANT TANNEHILL TO PLAY WELL

I'm a fan of the team over a singular player. Go back in my post history. You'll see I'm a Tannehill supporter and fan. Just stop the madness of making him something that he's not. He will NEVER be an elite quarterback.

I can appreciate that Tannehill has some good games. But when a lot changes in the last 6 years, but one constant remains (Tannehill) and the team is still playing poorly, you start to question whether you should change quarterbacks.

Since you claim me to be some epic Tannehill hater, I welcome you to go into my post history and see the things I've said about Tannehill. I'm waiting.

I've also never been absent from this forum for a long period of time, neither the success nor failure.

Keep your head up, pumpkin. Maybe someday we'll have another Marino. Until then, we can pray for something miraculous (multiple playoff appearances in a row).

You probably won't follow through, because your agenda is that anyone who has a real take on your boy makes them a hater, a troll, someone who wishes this team to fail, somebody who wishes ill will on him, etc.

Lol you always default to that. Dare somebody call him what he is: middle of the road. If somebody dare says that, you claim them to not be a Dolphins fan and to cheer for the team's demise. OF COURSE I WANT TANNEHILL TO PLAY WELL

I'm a fan of the team over a singular player. Go back in my post history. You'll see I'm a Tannehill supporter and fan. Just stop the madness of making him something that he's not. He will NEVER be an elite quarterback.

I can appreciate that Tannehill has some good games. But when a lot changes in the last 6 years, but one constant remains (Tannehill) and the team is still playing poorly, you start to question whether you should change quarterbacks.

Since you claim me to be some epic Tannehill hater, I welcome you to go into my post history and see the things I've said about Tannehill. I'm waiting.

I've also never been absent from this forum for a long period of time, neither the success nor failure.

Keep your head up, pumpkin. Maybe someday we'll have another Marino. Until then, we can pray for something miraculous (multiple playoff appearances in a row).

You probably won't follow through, because your agenda is that anyone who has a real take on your boy makes them a hater, a troll, someone who wishes this team to fail, somebody who wishes ill will on him, etc.

Remember that you doubted him. Never mind, not necessary, I'll remind you..... daily...... for years.... and years......

Which one was sacked the most?

So like I said Tannehill got sacked more overall due to having more pass attempts but broken down per pass attempt

Ryan was sacked every 12 attempts
Mariota was sacked every 14.5 attempts
Winston was sacked every 16.3 attempts

Ryan and Mariota weren't too far off from each other. I think all 3 are solid QB's who have had previous issues due to bad coaching.

I'm thinking Foles is more Elway's style, if he can pry him away from Philly.

I hope Tannehill and the Dolphins do well enough to send you 11,111 more. ;)
You see, we all do. But I think SCLSU made a valid point to you above. Those of us who don't believe he's as good as you believe .. you call us haters etc. That's not the fact. We just have a differing opinion to you on Tannehill, we're more wary of him and hope he can do it. You talk about it like it's a completely sure thing and that we're all idiots for not seeing it. It's like you take it personally when anything slightly negative is said about Tannehill.

I'm sure you have .. but to me, it feels like the only posts I see from you on here are pro-Tannehill. I don't see you discussing other things - now, obviously you do, you've so many posts, how could you not have, but that's the impression I get because there are just so many!

So like I said Tannehill got sacked more overall due to having more pass attempts but broken down per pass attempt

Ryan was sacked every 12 attempts
Mariota was sacked every 14.5 attempts
Winston was sacked every 16.3 attempts

Ryan and Mariota weren't too far off from each other. I think all 3 are solid QB's who have had previous issues due to bad coaching.
One thing I would note here is that Tannehill's 1st 2 years were his worst, and also where his skill positions were abmissal, in fact none of them are still in the league except for Wallace. And he's showing constant improvement... While I dont think Tannehill is Elite or anything, my stance is that he's good enough to keep an emphasis on building a team. When that team is built and you can clearly demonstrate that the QB is holding you back, then you spend rescources on the position. This way, the new QB comes in a good situation making him more likely to succeed...

Back
Top Bottom