NFL free agent Kirk Cousins vs. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: Who’s better? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL free agent Kirk Cousins vs. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: Who’s better?

No one can handle gronk...they have to hit Brady with the front 4. We will see if that d travels

If they don’t hit him he will murder the lb level with those slot skill set WRs

And you can set your watch to New England getting away with multiple illegal shifts for not being set a full second at the snap.
Philly key will be to run from 11 personnel in the shotgun. Same concepts Jax used, we also applied it at times in December. Going to have use ball control.

This forced NE into a nickel, which has been an unfavorable option throughout they year. as for most teams when you run on their nickel.

Out of 32 teams, NE ranked 32nd in yards allowed per rush (6.6) and defensive efficiency (success rate on them was in the 60s).

On defense Cox and Jernigan will have to disrupt the middle early and often. I don't think Philly will be able to withstand Brady if they rely on their zone either.

Philly key will be to run from 11 personnel in the shotgun. Same concepts Jax used, we also applied it at times in December. Going to have use ball control.

This forced NE into a nickel, which has been an unfavorable option throughout they year. as for most teams when you run on their nickel.

Out of 32 teams, NE ranked 32nd in yards allowed per rush (6.6) and defensive efficiency (success rate on them was in the 60s).

On defense Cox and Jernigan will have to disrupt the middle early and often. I don't think Philly will be able to withstand Brady if they rely on their zone either.

One thing I’m sure Philly will do is force New England out of that bear front

But they also have to give foles easy reads and primary throws which means the scoreboard better allow the run game to keep them in striking distance cause all of that is sticks and scoreboard precedented

Last edited:
Cousins plays in a tougher division but, neither has ever won a play-off game. Equally mediocre.
Given that Tannehill is a top 12 QB, the odds favor that opinion.

(and this is a Dolphins fan site)

Top 12?

Carson Wentz
Tom Brady
Matt Ryan
Ben roethlisberger
Matthew Stafford
Aaron Rodgers
Case keenum
Andrew luck
Marcus Mariota
Alex Smith
Kirk cousins
Philip rivers
Derek Carr
Drew Brees
Cam Newton
Jared Goff
Jameis Winston
Russell Wilson
Dak Prescott
(In no order)

All of those qbs are arguably better than tannehill, or a few of them are just as good.

Top 12, huh?

Top 12?

Carson Wentz
Tom Brady
Matt Ryan
Ben roethlisberger
Matthew Stafford
Aaron Rodgers
Case keenum
Andrew luck
Marcus Mariota
Alex Smith
Kirk cousins
Philip rivers
Derek Carr
Drew Brees
Cam Newton
Jared Goff
Jameis Winston
Russell Wilson
Dak Prescott
(In no order)

All of those qbs are arguably better than tannehill, or a few of them are just as good.

Top 12, huh?

All opinion. I put Tannehill ahead of Keenum, Mariota, Smith, Newton, Winston, Prescott, Carr, Goff, and on par with Wentz, Stafford, Rivers, Luck, Wilson, Ryan, Cousins.

IMO, unless you are talking about Rodgers, Brady, Brees, or Roethlisberger, there is not a lot to separate the QBs on that list.

The last season that Tannehill played, he finished 12th in passer rating. Putting him in that range is just not far fetched.

Top 12?

Carson Wentz
Tom Brady
Matt Ryan
Ben roethlisberger
Matthew Stafford
Aaron Rodgers
Case keenum
Andrew luck
Marcus Mariota
Alex Smith
Kirk cousins
Philip rivers
Derek Carr
Drew Brees
Cam Newton
Jared Goff
Jameis Winston
Russell Wilson
Dak Prescott
(In no order)

Top 12, huh?

You actually put Winston in that list? Your argument is over.

Also Marcus Mariota is terrible.

Winston is more abysmal than good.

Keenum is a bad qb in a great situation and will get exposed without Shumur.

Derek Carr's OL finally came back down to earth and he was terrible this year.

Dak is not good, at all.

Goff was ok this year.

Dak is not good, at all.

Goff was ok this year.

As I have said, every QB that doesn't suck balls and plays for another team is considered a better QB than Tannehill by many on this forum. If Tannehill is traded for a 3rd round pick and another player or let go unsigned, they will consider that PROOF POSITIVE that Tannehill sucks. When the same happens to other QBs, it's no big deal. OTOH, I can say that the situations don't make Smith or Cousins a worse QB.

As I have said, every QB that doesn't suck balls and plays for another team is considered a better QB than Tannehill by many on this forum. If Tannehill is traded for a 3rd round pick and another player or let go unsigned, they will consider that PROOF POSITIVE that Tannehill sucks. When the same happens to other QBs, it's no big deal. OTOH, I can say that the situations don't make Smith or Cousins a worse QB.

Tannehill is judged by his worse games/seasons and other QBs are judged by their best games/seasons. I guess that comes from watching the Dolphins complete games when they struggle and comparing it to the highlights of other QBs.

Dak is not good, at all.

Goff was ok this year.

OK, still doesn't account for the 15 others on the list.

I would absolutely still take Dak, Goff, and Carr over Tannehill. Mariota and Winston are at least comparable to Tannehill. And Keenum had a better season than Tannehill has ever had. He's most definitely trending upward.

I was responding to the post that Tannehill was a top 12 quarterback. Which is absolutely not the case. He's right at the 16-18 range.

All opinion. I put Tannehill ahead of Keenum, Mariota, Smith, Newton, Winston, Prescott, Carr, Goff, and on par with Wentz, Stafford, Rivers, Luck, Wilson, Ryan, Cousins.

IMO, unless you are talking about Rodgers, Brady, Brees, or Roethlisberger, there is not a lot to separate the QBs on that list.

The last season that Tannehill played, he finished 12th in passer rating. Putting him in that range is just not far fetched.

lmfao on par with Wentz, Stafford, Rivers, Wilson, Luck, and Ryan? You can't be serious. You absolutely cannot be serious. The delusion runs deep. My lord.

I wonder if anybody considers Stafford a top 6 QB since his QB rating was 6th this year. Or last year if anyone thought Mariota was a top 10 QB due to his top 10 QB rating.

Report: Vikings No. 1 on Cousins' wish list
7486.jpg

Paul Allen of KFAN Minneapolis reports the Vikings are "number one with a bullet" on Kirk Cousins' wish list.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer agrees that Minnesota would be a "prime location" for the impending free agent. Cousins has garnered widespread interest since Washington traded for Alex Smith last week with the Broncos, Cardinals, Jaguars, Jets and Vikings emerging as his top suitors. Cousins reportedly has a desire to "win right away," which would make Minnesota an appealing destination. The Vikings also boast one of the league's strongest receiving duos in Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs. With Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater and Case Keenum all headed for free agency, the NFC runner-ups will be aggressive in pursuing a quarterback this offseason.

Ozzy rules!!

I wonder if anybody considers Stafford a top 6 QB since his QB rating was 6th this year. Or last year if anyone thought Mariota was a top 10 QB due to his top 10 QB rating.

Was that from a clean pocket?

Back
Top Bottom