NFL Gregg Rosenthal says Ireland looks desperate | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Gregg Rosenthal says Ireland looks desperate

Who cares how many games Ellerbe started? The guy tore it up. I love how people are saying losing himmis a devastating blow to the Ravens, but we overpaid for him and its a desparate signing for us.

Don't see what's wrong with what he said, Ireland is desperate trying to save his job. I'm sure if he had a 3 year window he would build through the draft instead. But he doesn't. This better work out or we may have screwed ourselves a few years.

And if he missed on Wallace and didn't go after an Ellerbe or a Wheeler, he'd be getting killed by everyone. Ireland can't win in the eyes of some people.

THERES A REASON FOR THAT!

no playoffs [that 1st year wildcat was a fluke and had NOTHING to do with anything ireland did], maybe the most untalented team in the nfl and slow, poor drafts, bust free agents, weird interviews..................... .

this is why. some fans think ireland has done no wrong and everything he has failed at is over blown or someone elses fault.

SHOW ME THE PLAYOFF WINS! SHOW ME THE SUPERBOWLS! SHOW ME THE PROBOWLS!!!

and i like the moves so far in this f/a. but, i dont see the pats quaking in their cleats over any of them. billichek has dealt with and beat much more badaz players than ellerbe and wheeler. the money to production [and attitude] with dansby and burnett were not up to par with the money they were paid and we got younger and cheaper in those two spots. we have NO ONE right now who can stop the pass . doesnt matter if you can score 37 points a game if your oponents can put up 47. [see the marino years].

ireland IS desperate. he has failed big time to make this team a winner and some of his actions have tarnished the reputation of the club with players avoiding us like aids for the last 3 years. no more parcells to blame. he is naked [eek] and alone in this thing and he HAS to grab all he can.

he better get some REAL db's and a couple more playmakers in this draft or he is likely gone. and rightfully so.

What in the world was this guy Rosenthal saying? All players, coaches and GM's in this league are WAAAYYY out on an edge - desperate - if you will!

That's what makes this whole thing so amazingly exciting and real. It mirrors some aspect of life - masculine life.

It's war and war is desperate.

Ireland made moves that showed him to be lying low and accumulating assets. Now he is exploding!

He has the bank roll to sign 7 to 10 more impact players. That's unprecedented. And he has bank in the draft too!

People cannot believe that our Dolphins are no longer gonna be the mother freaking LA Rams of old, or The N.O. Saints of old where they stunk or mediocre for decades.

Its over - and all of these overpaid, low IQ prognosticators are squirming in their own skin at the reality that our beloved Dolphins are on the brink of a long-term turn around.

Thank you Jawfree Ireland - as much as you aged many of us fans for several years - it seems you might actually add some years back on to our lives after all!

If you're judging our team based on what we lost to or took from the market Dansby and Burnett are two of the best linebackers on the market now so thats a wash and we lost one of the best left tackles, one of the best running backs and one of the best cornerbacks to the market so I don't see how you can say we're MUCH better now. We're not even back to even yet imo but we still have money so we'll see.

We got younger and faster at linebacker for about the same amount of money. We got the best overall free agent in Mike Wallace, who greatly improves the WR corps and strengthens the passing game with a quarterback who now has a year of experience under his belt.

Fasano is already gone. Bush will be gone, and Long and Smith are likely gone. Free agency is far from done(not even 24 hours into it) and they still have the draft to fill some of those holes with close to equal or superior talent. I think it can be argued that Lamar Miller is at least a comparable replacement for Reggie Bush since he can do a lot of the same things without all the backfield dancing. Still sad to see Bush go though. The Dolphins still have about $10 million left to spend on free agents(I am setting aside the other $10 million in space for draft picks and in-season money) and 9 total draft picks(should be 10 by next week) that include 5 picks in the top 82.

Maybe my comment of better today than yesterday was premature if comparing it to the end of 2012 season roster. However, with what they already added and the resources they still have to continue adding, I think it is safe to say the roster will be better than last year. At least on paper.

Hater-1.gif

Don't see what's wrong with what he said, Ireland is desperate trying to save his job. I'm sure if he had a 3 year window he would build through the draft instead. But he doesn't. This better work out or we may have screwed ourselves a few years.

Shocking!

Rosenthal is by no menas the only one. Just watch 10min. of the 4-letter or listen to the national sports-blab radio shows on XM. Ieralnd is "overpaying and the Phins still have no shot at the playoffs. NE still wins the AFC East going away. "

I don't have a problem with this perspective. Ireland is desperate. But all that's gonna matter is the results on the field. This is a performance and results oriented based business. If Philbin and Tannehill get the job done, we will be good. That simple.

If you're judging our team based on what we lost to or took from the market Dansby and Burnett are two of the best linebackers on the market now so thats a wash and we lost one of the best left tackles, one of the best running backs and one of the best cornerbacks to the market so I don't see how you can say we're MUCH better now. We're not even back to even yet imo but we still have money so we'll see.

Let's just stop with the superlatives.

One of the best RBs? Adrian Peterson is the BEST RB in the league. Comparing Reggie Bush to Adrian Peterson in 2013 is ridiculously laughable. He's not even in the same class. Bush notched 986 yards 6 TDs in 2012, 1,086 yards 6 TDs in 2011... while running behind that supposed "one of the best left tackles". Adrian Peterson had 2,097 yards and 12 TDs LAST YEAR. That's more than Bush in TWO seasons.

In 7 seasons, Reggie Bush has 967 attempts, 4,162 yards, 29 TDs for 4.3 ypa. He has 372 receptions, 2,730 yards, 15 TDs for 7.3 ypc. 6,892 total yards, 44 TDs in SEVEN seasons.

In 6 seasons, Adrian Peterson has 1754 attempts, 8849 yards, 76 TDs for 5.0 ypa. He has 177 receptions, 1,526 yards, 4 TDs for 8.6 ypc. 10,375 total yards, 80 TDs in SIX seasons.

Reggie Bush is an average RB who once had Elite MEASURABLES. And I'm tired of hearing how "elite" he is. He is AVERAGE. You can draft anyone and achieve the numbers he has given us while he rehabbed his career. Yes, he was just about done as a starter in this league.

One of the BEST cornerbacks in the league? Please, you jest. Smith's niche is supposedly his ability to cover the bigger WR1's in the league. He was drafted, in part, to stop Randy Moss, at the time. Last year, Andre Johnson torched us for 8 receptions, 119 yards and a TD. Larry Fitzgerald had 8 receptions, 64 yards and a TD. Michael Crabtree 9 receptions, 93 yards. The Colts LIT US UP for 433 passing yards. Take your pick of ANY of their 4 WRs that had at least 5 receptions and 75 yards. A.J. Green 9 receptions, 65 yards and a TD.

There's your ELITE CB. And that doesn't even illustrate his weakness to smaller, quicker WRs such as Welker and Steve Johnson. Because no matter what excuses you have about the offense moving away from him on the WRs above, he was slid smaller WRs like Welker and Johnson just as much. His supposed strength only illustrates his huge glaring weakness. He's a liability, at best.

Sean Smith is an AVERAGE CB with ELITE MEASURABLES. A situational CB at best.

Jake Long.... where do I begin? I was once one of his biggest fans. And I was going to look up stats to prove/disprove his elite abilities in the past two years. But there's no game tape. He wasn't on the field long enough. Oh well!

I APPLAUD IRELAND for manning up to the fact these players are not worth the money they want. He made the tough decisions that have slowly sucked the life out of this team as the fans keep waiting for these "ELITE" players to produce but instead only deliver excuses and promises. We NEED results. And frankly, these "ELITE" players you speak of are rather easily replaced by much cheaper players who fit who we are NOW. Not who we were when they were acquired.

It's a new day in Dolphinland. THANK GOD!

So far Ireland is a freaking Rock Star. There will always be some media-moron to throw rocks at what the Dolphins do. We are younger and more athletic at linsbacker. We landed the best reciever in free agency and brought back the right guys from our team so far. This is a great job imo. Nobody could have predicted these brilliant linebacker moves. Alot of people on this site were calling for Dansbys overpriced head and now he's replaced. Is Ireland trolling Finheaven?

And if he missed on Wallace and didn't go after an Ellerbe or a Wheeler, he'd be getting killed by everyone. Ireland can't win in the eyes of some people.

Dafuq?

Nobody knew we were even talking to them in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom