NFL Gregg Rosenthal says Ireland looks desperate | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Gregg Rosenthal says Ireland looks desperate

Desperation would be signing Wallace Jennings and Cook with no regard for the cost.

Upgrading the linebackers indicates long term planning and confidence in your job security.

Let's just stop with the superlatives.

One of the best RBs? Adrian Peterson is the BEST RB in the league. Comparing Reggie Bush to Adrian Peterson in 2013 is ridiculously laughable. He's not even in the same class. Bush notched 986 yards 6 TDs in 2012, 1,086 yards 6 TDs in 2011... while running behind that supposed "one of the best left tackles". Adrian Peterson had 2,097 yards and 12 TDs LAST YEAR. That's more than Bush in TWO seasons.

In 7 seasons, Reggie Bush has 967 attempts, 4,162 yards, 29 TDs for 4.3 ypa. He has 372 receptions, 2,730 yards, 15 TDs for 7.3 ypc. 6,892 total yards, 44 TDs in SEVEN seasons.

In 6 seasons, Adrian Peterson has 1754 attempts, 8849 yards, 76 TDs for 5.0 ypa. He has 177 receptions, 1,526 yards, 4 TDs for 8.6 ypc. 10,375 total yards, 80 TDs in SIX seasons.

Reggie Bush is an average RB who once had Elite MEASURABLES. And I'm tired of hearing how "elite" he is. He is AVERAGE. You can draft anyone and achieve the numbers he has given us while he rehabbed his career. Yes, he was just about done as a starter in this league.

One of the BEST cornerbacks in the league? Please, you jest. Smith's niche is supposedly his ability to cover the bigger WR1's in the league. He was drafted, in part, to stop Randy Moss, at the time. Last year, Andre Johnson torched us for 8 receptions, 119 yards and a TD. Larry Fitzgerald had 8 receptions, 64 yards and a TD. Michael Crabtree 9 receptions, 93 yards. The Colts LIT US UP for 433 passing yards. Take your pick of ANY of their 4 WRs that had at least 5 receptions and 75 yards. A.J. Green 9 receptions, 65 yards and a TD.

There's your ELITE CB. And that doesn't even illustrate his weakness to smaller, quicker WRs such as Welker and Steve Johnson. Because no matter what excuses you have about the offense moving away from him on the WRs above, he was slid smaller WRs like Welker and Johnson just as much. His supposed strength only illustrates his huge glaring weakness. He's a liability, at best.

Sean Smith is an AVERAGE CB with ELITE MEASURABLES. A situational CB at best.

Jake Long.... where do I begin? I was once one of his biggest fans. And I was going to look up stats to prove/disprove his elite abilities in the past two years. But there's no game tape. He wasn't on the field long enough. Oh well!

I APPLAUD IRELAND for manning up to the fact these players are not worth the money they want. He made the tough decisions that have slowly sucked the life out of this team as the fans keep waiting for these "ELITE" players to produce but instead only deliver excuses and promises. We NEED results. And frankly, these "ELITE" players you speak of are rather easily replaced by much cheaper players who fit who we are NOW. Not who we were when they were acquired.

It's a new day in Dolphinland. THANK GOD!

I didn't say they were the best in the league, I said they were some of the best options at those positions in free agency. Reading comprehension could have saved you a lot of typing...

If that douche thinks Ireland is desperate surely he's commented how desperate Andy Reed looked x10 resigning Bowe for close to top dollar, trading what he did for a mediocre system QB with no deep ball, signing Fasano, a mediocre receiving TE etc etc..or is this another "let's dump on Befriended cause it's the thing to do?" **** him and his parents for not using a condom!

The same fans complaining about the players we acquired are probably the same ones selling their tickets to out of town fans like jets and pats when they come to town. I have come to realize that the dolphins fan base in miami is pretty pathetic lately. I know they have a huge following outside of the state and those fans usually seem more passionate and actually knowledgable about football not just agreeing with dumb **** they hear on tv or see in the horrible local reporting such as omar.

The only topic everyone would agree on is what the sum of 1+1 is. Even then I bet someone would say it wasn't 2.

I'll be the contrarian smart*** and take this one on. If you use binary arithmetic (which is how computers store numbers and do arithmetic) then 1 + 1 = 10 (base 2). :)

When this kid Greg Rosenthol was at Rotoworld he always had Florio is buddy and PATS DIEHARD fan on. He and Greg Rosenthol are diehard PATS fans lind of like rump roaster friends with Tom Brady. I would expect him to say nothing less than what he's stating about Miami. Just a jealous whininng Child IMO...

Seriouly do you think he would be complaing if the PAts had signed all 3 of our NEW players??????..........

Obviously, everyone knows Ireland was on the hot seat. Unless he WANTED to leave, of course he's desperate. None of that changes the fact he is filling holes that need filling. Like others have said, the price in free agency is rarely a bargain, at least not for decent/young players.

He needed to make these moves. He took a chance on Marshall and Ocho last season and we all know how that worked out. This time you have the money to play it safer with the talent your bringing in. You have no choice if you want a chance to win and show that your quarterback choice was the right one. The excitement of long throws for TDs puts fans in the seats, and there's lots of pressure in Miami to do just that.

I didn't say they were the best in the league, I said they were some of the best options at those positions in free agency. Reading comprehension could have saved you a lot of typing...

No, you didn’t say that at all.

If you're judging our team based on what we lost to or took from the market Dansby and Burnett are two of the best linebackers on the market now so thats a wash and we lost one of the best left tackles, one of the best running backs and one of the best cornerbacks to the market so I don't see how you can say we're MUCH better now. We're not even back to even yet imo but we still have money so we'll see.

Your ability to form clear and concise thoughts before putting those thoughts to paper may have saved him some typing. I was gonna call you to task on this ridiculous statement too had phinfan40353 not beat me to it.

Back
Top Bottom