NFL Live's Runningback U: Lamar Miller is training with Frank Gore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Live's Runningback U: Lamar Miller is training with Frank Gore

TealAttack13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Today Lamar Miller and Frank Gore went on ESPN's NFL Live (will insert the video if it gets posted). Apparently they have been training together this off season. Both of them had gone to the University of Miami, so it seems like Gore has taken Miller under his wing.

Some of the highlights of the segment:

Frank Gore:

-Didn't want to bother Miller his rookie year, but decided to approach him in his second year, especially after finding out the Dolphins weren't bringing Reggie back.
-He wanted to help him become successful in the league.
-Says his advise to Lamar is to be the smartest guy on the field and that he must protect his quarterback.

Lamar Miller:

-They have been training together since February, and Gore has been a great mentor.
-He believes the advise and work that they have done will bring him to the next level.
-He believes the new offense can open the running game, help the passing game, and make them a dominant group.
-Thinks Tannehill will have a better season, seems comfortable with the offense.

I love the fact that he and Gore have been working together. Gore has been productive over his career and seems like a good mentor. He's a good guy to learn from, and hopefully Lamar can take his advise and get to the next level. If he had a Frank Gore on our roster, we would be a dominant team. Hopefully we see it happen.

Gore had to overcome a major injury as well and should be an excellent role model for Miller.

Gores Carrier #s
Att Yards TDs
1,911 8,839 51 4.6 avg

Not a bad teacher to have..

I like everything this offseason. The player pickups the good things we keep hearing about players working hard being hungry. I've been excited before but this just has a different feeling to it.. Can't wait!!!!

Loving point 3. i.e. you have to be the smartest guy on the field and protect your quarterback.

I'm hoping that the maturity that Gore brings and the fact that he continues to work hard even after the success he's had, rubs off on Miller.

Perhaps this all feeds into why Miller appears to be the the coaches preferred no 1 back so far through OTA's and Mini Camp. Can only bode well for Millers progression.

I love it. Miller is gonna be great this year. I also love that we have a rookie RB that looks very promising, who works real hard and has always wanted to play for the Fins. We may have TWO great running backs on our hands. Thats one of those good problems.

:lol: @ Gore saying "be the smartest guy on the field"

:shortbus:

:lol: @ Gore saying "be the smartest guy on the field"

:shortbus:

i don't know very much about him, but i have heard that he isn't the most intelligent person in the world. I vaguely remember hearing about a learning disability with gore? i appreciate the joke as much as anyone, but the man has overcome serious adversity (how many knee injuries0 to become a damn good running back. I have never heard any negative press in regards to him, though i certainly could be missing something...but i would say he has done pretty well for himself, so its hard for me to justify the knock on him. not knocking you bump, just felt like throwing this out there, dunno maybe i'm on the rag or something.

edited to add i am thrilled he appears to be mentoring miller!

i don't know very much about him, but i have heard that he isn't the most intelligent person in the world. I vaguely remember hearing about a learning disability with gore? i appreciate the joke as much as anyone, but the man has overcome serious adversity (how many knee injuries0 to become a damn good running back. I have never heard any negative press in regards to him, though i certainly could be missing something...but i would say he has done pretty well for himself, so its hard for me to justify the knock on him. not knocking you bump, just felt like throwing this out there, dunno maybe i'm on the rag or something.

edited to add i am thrilled he appears to be mentoring miller!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Gore isn't a hard worker. HE IS.

He's just not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

If Miller has a good year our play action with Wallace going long should be deadly.

Go ahead and stick another safety in the box to stop Miller. We dare ya :up:

If Gore is the smartest guy on the field, anything is possible in life

Gore is the smartest guy on the field if the comparison is Miller.

Still, this is a positive story. I'm more upbeat about Miller's chances than I was at the end of last season.

Running the ball 27 or 28+ times per game as a team would do more for Miller than any of Gore's tutelage.

Back
Top Bottom