NFL Live's Runningback U: Lamar Miller is training with Frank Gore | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Live's Runningback U: Lamar Miller is training with Frank Gore

I love how we have PC Police ready to pounce on perceived injustices. :lol:

All I'm saying is ... If you rode the short bus to skool (:)), you probably shouldn't be talking about being the smartest guy on the field.

Wrong?

Actually Bumpus, some of the smartest people I know aren't very articulate....but their common sense way of doing their business sets them apart. Especially some of the business owners I know. Gore reminds me of them...and he looks the smartest on the field when he routinely slice up a D with his abilities. Some who are very articulate lacks the common sense to get anything done. But they TALK a good game. I guess I'm saying there's exceptions to every rule..one more thing, the not so smart Gore probably has made more money in his short time since school than probably you and I and number of others on this board put together. Not bad for a non smart person wouldn't ya say. Plus he's not one of those we've heard is broke or spent his money unwisely. I think the equally non articulate Miller may want to listen to this man...and on money matters I might want to listen to him too.

Also I would just add, it's not that big of a deal if Gore is telling Miller he needs to be the smartest player on the field, whether he himself actually is or not. (Personally, I have no idea). But.... It doesn't make that advice any more or less credible. When you train someone, you don't necessarily have to be or possess whatever skill or thought you are teaching, Some of the best teachers are those that tried and failed at something.

It would be like Chad Pennington helping Tannehill work on his deep ball. Just because he may not have success or ability to do that well doesn't mean he cant help impart on someone else the ability to do so. Same concept applies to Gore/Miller (if you believe Gore isn't a smart player on the field)

Today Lamar Miller and Frank Gore went on ESPN's NFL Live (will insert the video if it gets posted). Apparently they have been training together this off season. Both of them had gone to the University of Miami, so it seems like Gore has taken Miller under his wing.

Some of the highlights of the segment:

Frank Gore:

-Didn't want to bother Miller his rookie year, but decided to approach him in his second year, especially after finding out the Dolphins weren't bringing Reggie back.
-He wanted to help him become successful in the league.
-Says his advise to Lamar is to be the smartest guy on the field and that he must protect his quarterback.

Lamar Miller:

-They have been training together since February, and Gore has been a great mentor.
-He believes the advise and work that they have done will bring him to the next level.
-He believes the new offense can open the running game, help the passing game, and make them a dominant group.
-Thinks Tannehill will have a better season, seems comfortable with the offense.

I love the fact that he and Gore have been working together. Gore has been productive over his career and seems like a good mentor. He's a good guy to learn from, and hopefully Lamar can take his advise and get to the next level. If he had a Frank Gore on our roster, we would be a dominant team. Hopefully we see it happen.

I heard this news when it came out too. Now I know that Miller will have a break out season. Man I can't wait for September!

Back
Top Bottom