NFL Opener Chiefs/Lions game chat | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Opener Chiefs/Lions game chat

I know Kelce will be back soon, but I wonder if Miami could get KC to bite on Cedrick Wilson. They surely could use some help at that position. If tonight was any indicator how their season might go wrt their wideouts perhaps they’ll soon start feeling some urgency to upgrade.
I personally wouldn't let him go at this point. Heaven forbid we might actually need him.

Huh, so you prefer to be down by 4 with 1.50 on your 25 instead of down by 1 nearer midfield with 1 min to play? Ok coach.

Did you not watch the game or the plays leading up to the 4th and 25? The Chiefs receivers couldn't catch a cold today and you expect them to march 70 yards for a game winning TD?

How do you magically get nearer to midfield? Punting is giving up possession for ~ 10 yards. And that's generous assuming equal returns on 4&20 vs 4&10orless.

I had never seen Mahomes play before, but if that's considered an off game, he must be pretty good. He might be able to lead a third drive of 70+ yards.

How do you magically get nearer to midfield? Punting is giving up possession for ~ 10 yards. And that's generous assuming equal returns on 4&20 vs 4&10orless.

I had never seen Mahomes play before, but if that's considered an off game, he must be pretty good. He might be able to lead a third drive of 70+ yards.
Well if KC punts there and gets it inside the 20 and manages a 3 and out assuming Detroit runs 3x then they punt and let's say KC gets it back near their 40 with 1 min+ and no time outs.

Really just need 30 yards to have a go at a field goal.

Alot of assumptions I know but I like those odds better.

Re Mahomes, his receivers stunk today.

Anyways just happy Detroit won.

Well if KC punts there and gets it inside the 20 and manages a 3 and out assuming Detroit runs 3x then they punt and let's say KC gets it back near their 40 with 1 min+ and no time outs.

Really just need 30 yards to have a go at a field goal.

Alot of assumptions I know but I like those odds better.

Re Mahomes, his receivers stunk today.

Anyways just happy Detroit won.

I just think the Chiefs netting yards by exchanging punts is very optimistic.

Make the conversion, and you need ~10 yards to attempt the same field goal we're assume the Lions make.

Agreed that we're happy the Lions won.

I
I just think the Chiefs netting yards by exchanging punts is very optimistic.

Make the conversion, and you need ~10 yards to attempt the same field goal we're assume the Lions make.

Agreed that we're happy the Lions won.
I was assuming that a field goal would be easier that their receivers improving on their 21 receptions on 37 targets 😂

The Lions just demonstrated how to beat a more talented team on the road. Despite all the claims that this is only a “passing league” and that the game has evolved, it’s the same formula used for 100 years. Play great D, force teams to kick FGs instead of TDs, don’t turn it over, control time of possession and run the ball. The Lions and DC played a perfect game, stuck with the formula and got the W. Coincidentally it’s the same way we beat the Chargers if we can duplicate it.

The Lions just demonstrated how to beat a more talented team on the road. Despite all the claims that this is only a “passing league” and that the game has evolved, it’s the same formula used for 100 years. Play great D, force teams to kick FGs instead of TDs, don’t turn it over, control time of possession and run the ball. The Lions and DC played a perfect game, stuck with the formula and got the W. Coincidentally it’s the same way we beat the Chargers if we can duplicate it.
The lions didn’t win
KC offense lost the game
That pick 6 was god awfull FH would be in meltdown mode if that happened to tua

So can we assume that false start by a linemen is no longer a penalty ?
Only of it's random, like once or twice a game. But when it's consistent like on every freaking play it must not be according to the officials. That blew my mind how they could not see the tackle get a jump start on every damn play. Him lining up in the backfield is a whole different conversation.

I was all in on him at the time. I thought he had earned it w the job he did as interim coach. Had they gone w a vet I would have understood, but they said he wasn’t ready the hired a pencil neck dork who was less ready than Canpbell. I loved the way Dan turned our Philbin powder puff team into physical animals basically over a bye week. Yeah he went 5-7. But we were 1–3 and listless when he took over. Then we ass whooped Titans and Texans - even beat the Ravens in a black n blue physical game that we normally lose. We also lost Wake who had 7 sacks and 4 FF in the first 2 games after Dan took over - to the Achilles the next game. Was he an offensive guru yet? No. He learned a lot from his time in NO. However, he not Gase was the right choice at the time and in hindsight. Gase had done nothing ever to earn a shot. And now he coaches high school ball. Go Lions. Go Dan Campbell.

Dan Campbell makes way too many mistakes for me to regret not having him as our head coach.

I’m rooting for him but make no mistake about it, Detroit could do a lot better on game day. He’s an inspirational guy for sure.

I am sure he does a great job motivating and prepping his guys during the week and all but game day coaching isn’t a strength for Campbell.

Only of it's random, like once or twice a game. But when it's consistent like on every freaking play it must not be according to the officials. That blew my mind how they could not see the tackle get a jump start on every damn play. Him lining up in the backfield is a whole different conversation.
My bro sent this last night 🤣😳

This wasn’t a false start

Attachments

• IMG_5650.jpeg
    IMG_5650.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 22
The lions didn’t win
KC offense lost the game

Ya but on the flip side the refs did KC way too many favors in the game.

The lions didn’t win
KC offense lost the game
You got it backwards. Detroit was in control for most of the game after the punt fake.

If it wasn’t for that drive in 2nd quarter where they had a fumbled snap then a lost fumble deep in KC territory, the game would have been over much sooner.

Look up the game stats, they reflect what I’m saying. Detroit leads in nearly all categories both offensively and defensively.

Back
Top Bottom