NFL Opener Chiefs/Lions game chat | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Opener Chiefs/Lions game chat

I took a lot of **** when I was lobbying for Campbell to be the head coach.

I’ll give you **** now for it. Dude has a reputation for not making smart decisions in game.

He’s a STs coach. I am not clamoring for the guy because of some fake punts.

Let’s not get carried away here. Strategy isn’t his strength.

I was all in on him at the time. I thought he had earned it w the job he did as interim coach. Had they gone w a vet I would have understood, but they said he wasn’t ready the hired a pencil neck dork who was less ready than Canpbell. I loved the way Dan turned our Philbin powder puff team into physical animals basically over a bye week. Yeah he went 5-7. But we were 1–3 and listless when he took over. Then we ass whooped Titans and Texans - even beat the Ravens in a black n blue physical game that we normally lose. We also lost Wake who had 7 sacks and 4 FF in the first 2 games after Dan took over - to the Achilles the next game. Was he an offensive guru yet? No. He learned a lot from his time in NO. However, he not Gase was the right choice at the time and in hindsight. Gase had done nothing ever to earn a shot. And now he coaches high school ball. Go Lions. Go Dan Campbell.
Sometimes when you believe in someone’s future you stand by them while they figure it out.

I’ll give you **** now for it. Dude has a reputation for not making smart decisions in game.

He’s a STs coach. I am not clamoring for the guy because of some fake punts.

Let’s not get carried away here. Strategy isn’t his strength.

So we could still use him as a coach…

One other detail I noticed last night (outside of false starts no longer being penalized) is how the first down measurement has basically been phased out of the game. Has the NFL ever discussed how/why this has happened? I follow things pretty closely and I don’t recall. I do remember discussing this last season when there was a pretty significant spot for a measurement against the Bills….and they were just given the first down with no measurement.

That’s a tall ask for one (injured) player to overcome the rest of the deficiencies the team has.

TE wasn’t an issue for KC last night. Noah Gray made some big plays.
If you think Noah Gray somehow replaces Kelce then I think we're done here.

The lions didn’t win
KC offense lost the game
That pick 6 was god awfull FH would be in meltdown mode if that happened to tua
Are you the same person who claimed Tua wasn’t all that good, that it was Waddle and Hill that made Tua? Please dude spare us that stupidity. Turnovers are part of the game and the Lions didn’t have any which is a big reason they won.

Are you the same person who claimed Tua wasn’t all that good, that it was Waddle and Hill that made Tua? Please dude spare us that stupidity. Turnovers are part of the game and the Lions didn’t have any which is a big reason they won.
The Lions lost a fumble in the second quarter. They had as many turnovers as the Chiefs (one each).

Dan Campbell makes way too many mistakes for me to regret not having him as our head coach.

I’m rooting for him but make no mistake about it, Detroit could do a lot better on game day. He’s an inspirational guy for sure.

I am sure he does a great job motivating and prepping his guys during the week and all but game day coaching isn’t a strength for Campbell.

Campbell reminds me of Tony S somewhat.

Dan Campbell makes way too many mistakes for me to regret not having him as our head coach.

I’m rooting for him but make no mistake about it, Detroit could do a lot better on game day. He’s an inspirational guy for sure.

I am sure he does a great job motivating and prepping his guys during the week and all but game day coaching isn’t a strength for Campbell.
Disagree, bro. He’s turned that team from a basement dweller into a good team. He has Goff playing better than ever (going back to last year). He has rookies already making big plays. He gets a lot out of his players.

Sometimes when you believe in someone’s future you stand by them while they figure it out.
And that’s what I wanted at the time. He was a guy who had a a good run in the NFL even though he wasn’t the most talented TE. He had to work harder than everyone to make a roster each season. He understands fundamentals and preached them over and over. Our players techniques were improved after he took over. You see it w Detroit’s o-line. They are really good. That’s all Campbell and his physical style imprint. Wouldn’t that be nice to have had instead of the 2 losers in Gase and Flores? The knock on him was he was too simple minded to field a dynamic offense. Well, going back to last year he sure as hell seems to have figured it out. And then, finally, he was / is a natural leader. I wish nothing but the best for him.

Back
Top Bottom