Nick Saban: Daunte Still a Prime Time Player (Post-Game Presser) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban: Daunte Still a Prime Time Player (Post-Game Presser)

ckparrothead said:
Yes that is a ridiculous claim to be made on anyone.

Except in the case of DoggPhin, who actually is a Joey Harrington fan first and foremost...and not even really a Dolphins fan. He followed Joey's career from Oregon Ducks message boards, to Lions message boards, and now to here. About 90% of his posts on here have been about Harrington. His dedication to Joey baffles me. I really think he might be related, or be a friend or something.

true i mean i am not the oldest fan in the world but my first memories of watching the phins came with the fake spike against the jets

i seen huard/fiedler/feeley/lucas/frerotte etc i rooted for them all and root for joey

but so what if i feel more confident in this team with a healthy daunte culpepper?

ckparrothead said:
Except in the case of DoggPhin, who actually is a Joey Harrington fan first and foremost...and not even really a Dolphins fan. He followed Joey's career from Oregon Ducks message boards, to Lions message boards, and now to here.
Fine, I'll take the bait... keep up the personal stuff... you're a Daunte fan from Tampa first and foremost obviously - and the guy you called "trash" has taken Daunte's job. TOUGH. Nick's presser was not about Daunte. Now either support Harrington and this Team (and enjoy eating your Crow for being wrong about the guy),.. or remain just another negative complainer. Or maybe leave here since Daunte is inactive? As said before I could care less about your 5000 word essays on Daunte or your 20,000 posts sorry not impressed.

And no people, sorry - I have never posted on a Ducks board, never attended a Ducks game, he's wrong on that too. Just wrong alot - does anyone see a pattern? Then when you point that out, he attacks you personally. Just a great guy - who was in diapers back when I was rooting for Marino at the Orange Bowl... :cooldude:

Are there a lot of Fairweather Fans around here? Absolutely. :dunno:

DoggPhin said:
Fine, I'll take the bait... keep up the personal stuff... you're a Daunte fan from Tampa first and foremost obviously - and the guy you called "trash" has taken Daunte's job. TOUGH. Nick's presser was not about Daunte. Now either support Harrington and this Team (and enjoy eating your Crow for being wrong about the guy),.. or remain just another negative complainer. Or maybe leave here since Daunte is inactive? As said before I could care less about your 5000 word essays on Daunte or your 20,000 posts sorry not impressed.

And no people, sorry - I have never posted on a Ducks board, never attended a Ducks game, he's wrong on that too. Just wrong alot - does anyone see a pattern? Then when you point that out, he attacks you personally. Just a great guy - who was in diapers back when I was rooting for Marino at the Orange Bowl... :cooldude:

eat crow for what? a guy that has not done anything but throw pick after pick? or when you complained that we couldnt beat houston

well we couldnt beat the packers defense with joey. now what?

you keep talking about daunte fans first and dolphins fan second, all of your posts are joey this, joey that, joey is going to lead this team to the promise land garbage

he has done nothing and you still think he is god

flintsilver7 said:
I think what you meant to say was quarterback. Let me repeat:

QUARTERBACK.

The left tackle position has been handled well enough by Damion McIntosh.

Well enough? Is that why Saban cut D-Mac loose this past offseason and tried to replace him with LJ Shelton?

We need better than well enough at LT. And we need a true Center who knows how to run the offensive line on the field.

I have been telling anybody who will listen that Culpepper will be back once he's 100% later this season. After Harrington's 3-game performance, I am even more convinced of that. Culpepper is our QB, whether you like it not. Start rooting for him to make a full recovery.

Drafting a rookie QB in the 1st round is a risk. Building an offensive line around Culpepper is a smart move.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Finole said:
Well enough? Is that why Saban cut D-Mac loose this past offseason and tried to replace him with LJ Shelton?

We need better than well enough at LT. And we need a true Center who knows how to run the offensive line on the field.

I have been telling anybody who will listen that Culpepper will be back once he's 100% later this season. After Harrington's 3-game performance, I am even more convinced of that. Culpepper is our QB, whether you like it not. Start rooting for him to make a full recovery.

Drafting a rookie QB in the 1st round is a risk. Building an offensive line around Culpepper is a smart move.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Very well written...Anyone that thinks Harrington is the long term solution for this team is F_ing crazy!!

ckparrothead said:
...Saban wants us to get players that help this team become overachievers. If we pick REALLY high, I expect him to be really high on Calvin Johnson.....Chris Chambers is still too inconsistent. You need prime time difference makers...and if you're depending on Chambers to be a prime time difference maker every game you're going to be disappointed 60% of the time.

That's why you diffuse the responsibility as much as possible and add the best playmaker possible to the team and if we draft #1 or #2, to me that is Calvin Johnson. Period.

And if not, then a Joe Thomas or Sam Baker for the OL.

And if not, then an Adam Carriker, Marcus Thomas, Justin Harrell, etc for the defense.

I would love to see a Tori Holt or Marvin Harrison type of WR as our #1, and keep Chambers as our #2. But is that realistic under the salary cap? Can we really afford to pay top dollar for two premiere WRs?

I think we gotta live with Chambers unless we can trade him for another WR.

And the last thing we need right now is another DE or DT. I'm not saying we don't ever draft another defensive lineman. But not next year.

Joe Thomas is the guy. Or Sam Baker if he comes out early. Or whoever emerges as the #1 LT coming out. Also, an improved o-line would help Chambers get open more.

We could still pick up a very good WR in the 2nd round although I'd rather see us take a LB or a CB.

And and kicker in the later rounds.

DoggPhin said:

I never insulted you. It's a simple statement of fact. And, it wasn't even one of those insulting statements of fact like "you are ignorant" or "you are biased". You are a Joey Harrington fan. There's nothing wrong with that. It is what it is, it isn't an insult to you. You're not a worse person for it.

I will admit that I'm wrong about you posting on Ducks boards. However, I am not wrong about you being a regular on Lions boards, defending Joey incessantly there, and then following Joey to the Dolphins message boards.

I've not once seen you post anything that indicates you are cheering for the Dolphins and not Joey Harrington. You want the Dolphins to win because you want Harrington to win. You've given no indications otherwise, and when confronted about it you skirt the issue with ridiculous accusations.

If you're a Dolphins fan first and a Joey fan second, why were you not posting on Dolphins message boards all during the first four years of Joey's career, choosing instead to post on Lions' boards about Joey? Why come back to the Dolphins only after Joey Harrington got traded here?

muscle979 said:
Call me crazy but I think this team is cursed and will not be successful again until they draft a franchise QB in the first round. Anybody agree?

You're crazy.

Just kidding. But I doubt we're going to draft a franchise QB after Culpepper comes back 100%.

We had our chance, but all that was available was Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers. So now we have a franchise RB. We need an offensive line that allows us to pound rock the way Chicago did with Walter Payton or Detroit with Barry Sanders. If we can run the ball like that, Culpepper will be more than enough of a QB to help us win games.

Imagine Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown running behind one of the best offensive lines in the NFL...

Now imagine Ricky Williams failing another drug test. (Sorry, I can't help myself.)

DoggPhin said:

OMG are you freakin serious. :sidelol:

wow. just wow.

funniest thing I've read on Finheaven in a while (with the exception of some greatwade posts)

This post is as ridiculous as you can get.

Here's something. Daunte Culpepper will be the Dolphins starter in 2007. TOUGH

jlfin said:
Unfortunately you need 5 of them and neither of them touches the football on a regular basis.
A stellar O-line can be built without a top 3 draft pick. How many top 10 draft picks are sitting on the O-lines of the Broncos, Falcons, Pats, Steelers O-lines?
Pace and Walter Jones are 2 very good LT's but neither of them has the impact that their qb's have.

You're kidding, right?

Pace and Jones are every bit as important as their respective QBs. It's a TEAM sport.

The offensive line impacts the running game AND the passing game. The QB mainly impacts the passing game only. So you tell me. With that in mind, which is more important? The offensive line or the QB? The answer is: neither.

A great QB won't be successful with a mediocre o-line.
And a great o-line won't be successful with a mediocre QB.

Why do you think D'Brickashaw Ferguson was drafted ahead of Matt Leinart and Jay Cultler and right after Vince Young?

ckparrothead said:
Wow I just really disagree with the notion that Calvin Johnson is not an explosive playmaker. He makes deep plays happen. He's not a possession receiver, he's an everything receiver.

yeah i agree. i dont see any flaws to his games. he just makes plays

fishypete said:
We need a team full of talented players....not a decent QB....we have that already...if it was a Manning....that would be a different story....your then willing to spend a top pick for a player that has the "game" within him....but again...there's no QB coming out of college that can carry a team on his back...as Marino and Elway did...or as Manning does. We need too many players on many positions to waste on another chance QB....Build the O-line...get a real number 1 receiver....get a cover corner...get a linebacker...those needs are far more important.

I agree with you 100%.

Back
Top Bottom