Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper

Also remember,Bear Bryant had agreed to become the coach of the Miami Dolphins before Shula...
He was great friends with Joe Robbie,but he backed out,to return to Bama...Don't believe? Read the book"I Ain't Nothing But A
Winner"....
In comes Shula....after he was run out of Baltimore.......Don Shula MADE the Miami Dolphins,but he had alot of good football people to help him.
After Don, We haven't been the same.
At Bama,after Bear left..we went thru alot of presidents,A.D.'s and coaches....none of them ever on the same page at the same
time...Hell,one president ran off Gene Stallings after he won a National championship.....but we still thought because we were Bama,
the best would want to come coach us...we didn't understand the crap that was running thru the univeristy....BOT with to much power,
boosters with to much money and influence...weak coaches and such...18 years of crap.....it took the right pres,to get the right A.D. to
get the right coach......BAM...three crystals in four years later...back with a DYNASTY....
Does this story sound familier to any long time Dolphin fans?
We just need to get the right football people in here,that want to be here.

Like Nick or hate him...want he has done( 4 championships in 8 years of college coaching) ranks with the ALL TIME GREATS.
He will go after Bear's record of six...and in this age of limited scholarships...well,that makes what Nick is doing more impressive than
what Paul did.....and I loved the Bear.
So that's,what Joe Friday would call "Just The Facts,Ma am'"....

Last edited by a moderator:
What did I spell wrong? The Beatles changed the spelling of "beetles" to be cute. "Beat" is a play on words. Get it?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Anyone that says Saban has done everything he can in CFB does not appreciate the doorstep this man is on. Sure, he left us, but do we really know the whole story? No.

I live in Kentucky and am a Wildcats fan. I go to Rupp Arena once a year.

If you've never truly embraced the college athletics culture, you may not appreciate the impact it has in rural states or states without professional teams. SEC fans outside of Florida understand this. They live in cultures where college football and basketball are integral part of their daily life.

Alabama has nearly 5 million citizens that know Paul "Bear" Bryant, Gene Stallings, Shug Jordan, John Heisman, Pat Dye, Terry Bowden and now Gene Chizik and Nick Saban. Whether you're Roll Tide or War Eagle, it's a lifestyle.

Nick Saban has a chance to become one of the most legendary coaches in college football history. He's in a period of his life that will define his legacy. He's already entered the conversation of greatest football coach of all time, in the next 5 years he could dominate the conversation.

Pass that up for Cleveland? Please.

He makes $5M/year in a rural state. What can Cleveland offer? $6M/year? This isn't about money. He has more collateral in the Bank of Alabama. He's a living legend. Love him or hate him, when Nick Saban goes anywhere in the Southeast, there's not too many people that wouldn't stop to listen to what he has to say. That wouldn't help him change a spare tire.

The next 5 years he has a chance to do things only a handful of coaches can lay claim. And in 10 years, he will probably be only equaled by 1 or 2 college coaches in any sport.

This is why people climb the mountain, to see the view. To have everyone else look up at you.

He might leave Alabama and coach in the NFL one day, but Nick Saban has a date with history. Love him or hate him, the respect has been earned.

NFL fans might wear jerseys and paint their faces on game day, SEC sports is a lifestyle. Don't think that means something? Then you may not appreciate the opportunity Saban has in front of him right now.

About time...I thank u sir...here is a quote from a man's man.

Out of the Playoffs for the 10th time in 11 years....but we still love to talk about Nick here.
Cracks me up...wouldn't you rather be talking about a playoff run?

Officially my longest running thread on FH!

:hclap:

its nice to see the coward finally admit hes not cut out for the NFL.

Although as big of a snake as he is, that means he is coming back.

Crap....you people are sheep.....give it up...damn...it wasn't about bad coaching/good coaching,bad picks/good picks or whatever.
Even with Brees,Nick would have left...He didn't like Miami,didn't like the pro game....HE TOOK A BETTER JOB.
End of story.
The Miami Dolphins havent been relevant in basically 20 years....It hurts me,to say this....but we are the Buffalo Bills WITHOUT
the recent Super Bowl appearances.
This franchise's problems have been running alot deeper than just who our coaches have been.
We have had bad football people though out our franchise,top to bottom,for YEARS.
Miami stopped being a football city when we left the Orange Bowl,when Don Shula was ran off and when Marino was forced out.
Karma is a bitch....We need Florida guys that WANT to be here and have the talent to bring us back.
FACT

Damn, this was a solid post.

-ucfpf13

I didn't read the entire thread, but has it been brought up that Saban is a complete and total liar?

why is there so much hate? He was unhappy here. If you want to blame someone, blame Wayne for forcing him to take a job that he threw a boat load of money for. The job was too much. He would have failed more and been fired anyway. The Brees fiasco is one of those situations where it can set back a team for years. Wanny had first crack at Brees. Saban was not into it, and would have failed like prior coaches in Sparano, Cameron, Jimmy, and Wanny. Great teams have great personnel men making decisions. We have not had that in a long time. It's best to be happy for someone that has found peace somewhere.

why is there so much hate? He was unhappy here. If you want to blame someone, blame Wayne for forcing him to take a job that he threw a boat load of money for. The job was too much. He would have failed more and been fired anyway. The Brees fiasco is one of those situations where it can set back a team for years. Wanny had first crack at Brees. Saban was not into it, and would have failed like prior coaches in Sparano, Cameron, Jimmy, and Wanny. Great teams have great personnel men making decisions. We have not had that in a long time. It's best to be happy for someone that has found peace somewhere.

There is so much hate because he is an A hole who treats teams like objects, regardless of where he goes. I graduated from FSU and was still offended by how he misled and pimp slapped the Gators organization. I mean, god knows he's a great college coach, but he brought this hate upon himself.

he is a scumbag. great college coach, can't take that away from him, unfortunately, but a failure in the NFL. Can't take that away from him either, thankfully. Hope it continues if he returns but doubt it.

Blame Huzienga because he somehow forced Saban to take the job lol. The job was like any other job in the NFL he didnt handle it well and he quit but dolphin fans have a right to be mad that he quit on them

'Forced to take a job'.......lol

Like those "Kevin Bacon 6degrees of separation" I'm actually 2-3degrees separated from at that time one of the "little people" in Davie who has not only proferred consistent tales of his douchebaggery, but has also been the recipient of the same scumbaggish behavior most everyone attributes to him.

But even if not, color me onto "Team Maddog" who I'd believe 101 times out of 100 vs any self-serving attempts at revisionist history. However, although Saban is a POS, quitter and liar, when not wearing his college coaching hat, to his credit, he's presently the best at what he does in his environment and was smart enough to realize he was in over his head when dealing with grown-ups.

Objectively speaking: being great at what you do in an important niche, but also a reprehensible douche is not necessarily mutually exclusive. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom