Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper

exactly, average job, nothing more.

And yet, again..here we are at eight pages talking about a coach,who has been gone six years,who ,you guys say that you don't want to talk about.
That is the very definition of "jilted girlfriend syndrome"! ...NOTHING MORE.

and then he went right over to the saints where he passed a REAL physical with a REAL doctor and staff and then went to superbowls, playoffs and pro bowls.

this is a bunch of steaming poop out of nick satans pecker kisser.

Going for 9

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Lets try this again

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

One more time.........

Again...one more time.....

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

At least 9

The rabid defense of Saban by some on here is borderline freakish, like a schoolgirl grush. Bizarre at best, something I can't repeat at worst.

He is an excellent college coach. NFL--I'd say the jury is out.

Even if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, you have to admit that he failed in Miami, and sent the franchise careening on a downward spiral. His draft picks were plain awful. We're talking Jason Allen, Matt Roth, Ronnie Brown (over Aaron Rodgers), Manny Wright, et al. Channing Crowder was a stopgap as a 3rd rounder.

Even if you take out Brees from the equation, somehow he looked at Daunte Culpepper, and thought he was the answer. He looked at Cleo Lemon and thought he was worth investing in.

Saban made very, very few good decisions from a football personnel standpoint. And he was brought in as football czar. He was the one who hired Randy Mueller after undergoing a search.

If you want to defend Saban, fine. But don't sit here and defend everything he did like a squealing tween girl at a Jonas Bros concert, because it's unbecoming and let's just say "feminine."

The rabid defense of Saban by some on here is borderline freakish, like a schoolgirl grush. Bizarre at best, something I can't repeat at worst.

Even if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, you have to admit that he failed in Miami, and sent the franchise careening on a downward spiral. His draft picks were plain awful. We're talking Jason Allen, Matt Roth, Ronnie Brown (over Aaron Rodgers), Manny Wright, et al. Channing Crowder was a stopgap as a 3rd rounder.

Even if you take out Brees from the equation, somehow he looked at Daunte Culpepper, and thought he was the answer. He looked at Cleo Lemon and thought he was worth investing in.

Saban made very, very few good decisions from a football personnel standpoint. And he was brought in as football czar. He was the one who hired Randy Mueller after undergoing a search.

If you want to defend Saban, fine. But don't sit here and defend everything he did like a squealing tween girl at a Jonas Bros concert, because it's unbecoming and let's just say "feminine."

Agreed. Some people go overboard with the hatred towards him, but I can't believe those that act like he did nothing wrong. Objectivity truly is a lost art...

(1) he is going for his fourth championship in his last eight years of coaching college ball.
that's basically winning it every other year.Thats a little better than just a excellent coach....
that's being the best there is.He is on the verge of being in Bear Bryant's class.
(2)The thread was started like he was trying to get back in the NFL......he isn't...He just lost
his best S. Fla. recruiter..he is just making nice with the Miami media to help smooth out
some recruiting avenue's.
(3)No one is saying he didn't make mistakes at Miami....go back and check my posts.
But mistakes were made on both sides...He really didn't have all the control you think he had.
(4)He was here for TWO years and six years later ...you guys still LOVE to bring him up..WHY?
This thread is at nine pages and going...for someone you guys say,you don't care to talk about?
(5) I defend based on fact...Please watch who you call "feminine"

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick Saban is:

A) A really, really good COLLEGE coach
B) Serially doomed to sabotage himself if/when he coaches pro again
C) A liar
D) A guy who runs away from his own mistakes
E) A complete and total /\sshole that inspired hatred from nearly everyone he worked with professionally
F) A guy who would rather point fingers than accept responsibility for his own actions
G) Someone that had a rare shot at two elite QBs and passed on both
H) All of the above

FYP:woot:

Ok,numbnuts....
(1) he is going for his fourth championship in his last eight years of coaching college ball.
that's basically winning it every other year.Thats a little better than just a excellent coach....
that's being the best there is.He is on the verge of being in Bear Bryant's class.
(2)The thread was started like he was trying to get back in the NFL......he isn't...He just lost
his best S. Fla. recruiter..he is just making nice with the Miami media to help smooth out
(3)No one is saying he didn't make mistakes at Miami....go back and check my posts.
But mistakes were made on both sides...He really didn't have all the control you think he had.
(4)He was here for TWO years and six years later ...you guys still LOVE to bring him up..WHY?
This thread is at nine pages and going...for someone you guys say,you don't care to talk about?

All I hear is the sound of a sycophant who sounds like squealing girls at a Beatles concert.

Ok,numbnuts....

REALLY? He didnt have all the control you think he had? WTF??? What more control could he have than TOTAL CONTROL of all football operations/decisions? Although I think you are right to a point...he couldnt control the outcome of the weekly matchups cuz he couldnt control having superiorly better athletes than the other teams like he can in college. That is the ONLY thing he didnt have control over!!! Say what you will, but it was HIS responsiblility in personnel decisions, and he made mistakes. Plain and simple!!!

Anyone that says Saban has done everything he can in CFB does not appreciate the doorstep this man is on. Sure, he left us, but do we really know the whole story? No.

I live in Kentucky and am a Wildcats fan. I go to Rupp Arena once a year.

If you've never truly embraced the college athletics culture, you may not appreciate the impact it has in rural states or states without professional teams. SEC fans outside of Florida understand this. They live in cultures where college football and basketball are integral part of their daily life.

Alabama has nearly 5 million citizens that know Paul "Bear" Bryant, Gene Stallings, Shug Jordan, John Heisman, Pat Dye, Terry Bowden and now Gene Chizik and Nick Saban. Whether you're Roll Tide or War Eagle, it's a lifestyle.

Nick Saban has a chance to become one of the most legendary coaches in college football history. He's in a period of his life that will define his legacy. He's already entered the conversation of greatest football coach of all time, in the next 5 years he could dominate the conversation.

Pass that up for Cleveland? Please.

He makes $5M/year in a rural state. What can Cleveland offer? $6M/year? This isn't about money. He has more collateral in the Bank of Alabama. He's a living legend. Love him or hate him, when Nick Saban goes anywhere in the Southeast, there's not too many people that wouldn't stop to listen to what he has to say. That wouldn't help him change a spare tire.

The next 5 years he has a chance to do things only a handful of coaches can lay claim. And in 10 years, he will probably be only equaled by 1 or 2 college coaches in any sport.

This is why people climb the mountain, to see the view. To have everyone else look up at you.

He might leave Alabama and coach in the NFL one day, but Nick Saban has a date with history. Love him or hate him, the respect has been earned.

NFL fans might wear jerseys and paint their faces on game day, SEC sports is a lifestyle. Don't think that means something? Then you may not appreciate the opportunity Saban has in front of him right now.

At least spell it right,homer.

What did I spell wrong? The Beatles changed the spelling of "beetles" to be cute. "Beat" is a play on words. Get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom